Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing -- De Might've Spoiled Them Too Soon And Too Much

Twilight053

Speak for yourself OP, nothing is spoiled for me. 

The hype for Archwing has died down because it was revealed so long ago. Even before the stuff they showed this passed Friday the hype had died down. If the Syndicate stuff was shown the same time as Archwing's 1st announcement, the hype for Syndicates would be just as low. 

That said, again, nothing has been spoiled for me. 

Long ago?

the hubs were revealed long ago ...Like way back , they even had a prototype working.....

Speak for yourself OP, nothing is spoiled for me. 

The hype for Archwing has died down because it was revealed so long ago. Even before the stuff they showed this passed Friday the hype had died down. If the Syndicate stuff was shown the same time as Archwing's 1st announcement, the hype for Syndicates would be just as low. 

That said, again, nothing has been spoiled for me. 

That, also what I was trying to say. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by Twilight053

It's probably because people are more interested in Syndicates than Archwing. I certainly am. I appreciate archwing as a cool and different thing, but Syndicates is a much more interesting addition. It's finally feeling like the solar system is alive..

Edited by Zeromanicus

Hyped people are like children. They want something really bad and they cannot explain why they want it. And when they finally get what they want, 2 seconds after they are butthurt beyond any logic because thing that they wanted isnt what they expected to be.

Basically, people that go into hype mode easily because of unknown reasons, are not people someone should listen to.

In my opinion, it's probably because Proxy Wars has been a long time coming now. It's been long enough that people's imaginations of it has been running wild. It seems like one of the things that makes the world feel more alive; more than just us and Grineer/Corpus/Infested sitting in space.

It also brings an mmo aspect to the game, which is what people are usually looking forward to when they get sick of running around, amusing themselves with solely the battle mechanics.

I think it'll be interesting. Most of what we do in this game requires little to no choice or commitment of any sort. Oddly enough, even though we're supposed to be upholders of balance, we have little regard or experience in the way of consequence or choice in this game. We do as we feel, when we feel like it. Everything is obtainable at some point, and never to the exclusivity of something else. It's a relief on one hand, but it also makes everything too obtainable; nothing's ever out of grasp for us. Proxy Wars will finally ask us to make a choice; something we rarely have to do.

Before anyone rebuts with Gradivus Dilemma, realize that people followed the Catalysts/Reactors and straddled the 50-50 line between "supporting" Ruk or Alad into getting the "better" reward.

Also, I'm excited for Archwing. I'm all for fast-paced space flying. Then again, I'm also excited for Project Nimbus, so hopefully this'll be just as good in the interim.

yup, too much details about an update, generates too much expectations from people, then, the update comes, and people are disappointed because they don't get  much of a surprise, and only pay attention to the bad stuff like bugs, or half done things, instead of the good stuff, because they already told you what the good stuff was

People in general are A******s. They'll whine either way.

Personally, I'm not too hyped over any one specific piece of U15 because I detest the idiots who make those "Wednesday Hype" threads every goddamn Wednesday. I just want to reach through my computer and punch them. Again. And again. And again. Until they stop posting these damned threads.

I prefer to wait for a legitimate reason to be excited, like these teaser sites. Then I squeal like a schoolgirl. Then I wait semipatiently. Then the update hits. Then the squealing intensifies.

Personally I prefer it this way, U13 was a huge disappointment to me because it was massively overhyped to the point where I actually only played for about a week and came back after 14's release. So far the way they're handling U15 is much better IMO.

I don't care about either archwings or syndicate to learn much about them or "spoil" them.  However an extra 2 mod slots for all of my frames, along with a bunch of fusion cores, that's something to be excited about and there's no way they can let me down with that.

Edited by SleepingSentry

We don't know what weapons we'll get.

I can posit enough: They mentioned that weapons are included, like Sentinels. There were two main weapons, and two melee weapons, the machine gun and grenade launcher, plus sword and axe. Two birdlifters: Dragonfly and Demolition. Dragonfly is more all-rounder, so MG and Sword is probably its kit. Axe and Grenade launcher for Demolition.

Mind you this was from what I saw during the stream, Sheldon was a huge fan of the power hammer and he didn't have/use it then, so I assume it was because its not coming with either of the two lifters.

Wait, is it confirmed that some iteration of syndicates is in u15? I known sigils are in... If syndicates are as well, I'm gonna explode with hype.

Syndicates are linked with Sigils. So... Double explode?

EDIT: apologies for double posting. It's very difficult to multi-reply on mobile.

Edited by Shion963

Well Syndicates are one of the pillars of the "Year of endgame" trifecta that devs mentioned early this year (and then went all hush hush about it with a few handwaves in a couple of streams) so some of us are pretty much hyped about it because we are finally getting it. Sure it's gonna be a hellgrind but dat lore though..

To be fair, when they release big updates and offer no warning of the upcoming changes you see a whole lot of people complaining they had no warning. People are begging them all the time to reveal as much as they can and stuff can get spoiled by the council too.

I however agree that I am honestly far more excited by the news of the Syndicates than the Archwing now. I can't wait to play Archwing, but I do believe Syndicates is a greater news because it touches everything about Warframe - Archwing included.

Without the Syndicates I'd still be as hyped as I was for Archwing, but now it is being a bit shadowed by them.

Imo.

Hyped people are like children. They want something really bad and they cannot explain why they want it. And when they finally get what they want, 2 seconds after they are butthurt beyond any logic because thing that they wanted isnt what they expected to be.

Basically, people that go into hype mode easily because of unknown reasons, are not people someone should listen to.

Because god forbid people get excited about the game, right?

Good lord, what patronising, bitter nonsense.

Yes i too hate when people people are excited over the game. Happiness is outright overrated.

People can/will be disappointed, no amount of skepticism before hand will change  if the release was lackluster.

I'd MUCH rather someone who is very excited to play and is positive towards archwing and is hyping others to feel the same way. Than people brimming with negativity such as this post displays

Edited by cozzi21

I call them the pre-order crowd.

i don't think they want to hype arch wing they don't have that much content for it so they pushed work on the syndicates to overshadow archwing because they don't want people to be disappointed in it because they actually like it more