Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Formas As A Refund For Lost Polarities.

laserkid

So I get that beta is beta and things are going to change, I get that and respect that - my problem here is that by changing the polarities that have been applied to the ability slots, not only are we losing the forma (which is being returned), but all the time and energy put into re leveling the frame.

This is something that needs to be addressed, and has been done before with legendary fusion cores when mod cards lost levels that had been time and energy put into - all I am asking is for the same treatment people with that beta issue being addressed, that those of us who lose polarities get a similar item a 'legendary forma' that polarizes without level loss, because that level has already been re earned.

I have put a lot of time and money into this game, and I wish to keep doing so, but if I am completely abused in this change, I see little reason to keep doing so.

EDIT: I don't care that individual users don't care that I'm quitting I don't know any of you nor you me, this was never intended as a 'no don't go' bait - this is something I want DE to consider, and given that I have put in a lot of money to them, quitting is the onl;y real thing I can do to show them how serious this issue is to me. If you disagree feel free to argue, but  don't waste my or your time with  telling me you don't care - because neither of us does.

Edited by laserkid

And when all of the paying users leave, then you unpaying people will have your entire accounts forma'd over into deleted data when the game goes down because no one is left paying anymore because they refuse to pay for a game that randomly deletes progress for only certain players. But, hey... Beta! You agreed to lose everything at random by your logic, so I guess you'll be happy when you lose the entire game and thank them for it.

I personally don't care about losing the 1-ability builds (because I always knew things like that would and could change in a beta), what I care about is being told to add my polarities - which is the worst possible experience to be found within this game - all over again from frippin' scratch!

If I'm going to have my progress reset - when others get to keep their progress wholly unscathed - then I choose to quit, and never give the devs another cent in appreciation of their respect for me.

But if they were truly being fair, and gave all of you your formas back - no matter which slots you used - then I bet you'd be singing a very different tune right now.

Edited by Clovis15

well, all i can hope is that items that skip big parts of the game never happen, ever again. there's no reason for them to exist.

especially since such game skipping items will probably be tradable at some point for no reason, if not tradable to start with.

there's no point in having mechanics if the game also lets you walk around them and skip them but still end up in the same end point.

To add to the idea of legendary forma - they should be un-tradable (the person who came up with the idea did say that). All they do is to save the user from having to re-rank up the frame after forma-ing. It should not cause any problems to other users. The only other concern is that players could use this legendary forma on other weapons or frames instead of the one it was given for. But this shouldn't be a concern to fellow players. Their game play isn't affected by this. I would hate to see legendary forma selling for crazy plat in a few months.

As long as DE can consolidate and remove the non-forma'ed ability slots. I am really happy. I just don't want DE to blindly remove the last 2 ability/forma-ed slots and return the forma. That would mean I would have to re-run most of my frames except for loki p. This is so time consuming and running ODD/Sechura is already boring.

The best solution (in my opinion) is DE should try to remove 2 ability slots. If less than 2 ability slots are present, (say only 1 ability slot is present) remove that ability slot and then an empty slot. Forma'ed slots should be the last ones to be removed. 

Or

If DE can let people know which 2 slots are being removed, players can manually move the forma'ed slots away.

yes, it's beta - but they have addressed issues when they have undone hard work and time put into things before, thereby creating precedent to do so again.

PS: Check the terms of use. You AGREED to it. I'm not all that worried about having to forma things again. I mean I get it. You probably put 8 formas into every Warframe. 

Edit: ...And I still think it's a really stupid reason for you to stop playing a game. What makes you think all the paying players will leave? And they'll leave not because DE make bad design decisions, but this? 

Edited by Rorgal_Sina

Okay, Mr "You're just entitled"... let's do this the super fair way instead, and reset every forma on EVERY LAST WARFRAME... and the only compensation carried out being to give the formas back.

We all cool with that?

Say you're cool with that... and then I might take you seriously and not just believe that you're trash hoping to see people - whom aren't you - get screwed over.

Edited by Clovis15

2 words. Easily exploitable. Some random guy will probably have tons of built forma already, forma some frame slots he doesn't really use. Than use the legendary forma on the frames he actually likes. This is a horrible idea. 

So what if you spent a lot on this game, some people usually spend much more, and they spend it with the thought in there mind that they're willing to help DE fund this game. Getting plats is the second thing on there mind.

Edit: 3 extra words. You're too entitled

Edited by izzatuw

-1 OP

how about no? oh, and 'bye'

Warframe IS still in BETA, VERY MUCH SO... so much so that I personally wish the DEv team would take MORE drastic actions like this, instead of letting the waters stagnate for almost a year in-between big system changes

IMHO DE makes this worse for the community and for themselves, they don't come out and take a hard stance, they just kind of beat around the bush so much, if I worked there, I would definitely like to have a team "let's all get on the same page" meeting at least once a month and get some continuity there (so many ppl on the team seem very unfamiliar with the game, it bothers me)

I think what they are doing is great, full forma refund on what you spent plat/resources/credits. Also it shouldn't take more than 2 hours to get a frame from unranked to 30. If you ask me the new ability/mod system for frames is an improvement, you don't need legendary formas you need to appreciate hoe DE works hard to make a free to play game more polished and enoyable. No one forced you to spend money.

IMHO DE makes this worse for the community and for themselves, they don't come out and take a hard stance, they just kind of beat around the bush so much, if I worked there, I would definitely like to have a team "let's all get on the same page" meeting at least once a month and get some continuity there (so many ppl on the team seem very unfamiliar with the game, it bothers me)

I agree with this so much it's not even funny. So many things broke balance (like corrupt mods) that they openly say they regret adding to the game, yet they'll never change it because people will cry about it.

Okay, Mr "You're just entitled"... let's do this the super fair way instead, and reset every forma on EVERY LAST WARFRAME... and the only compensation carried out being to give the formas back.

We all cool with that?

Say you're cool with that... and then I might take you seriously and not just believe that you're trash hoping to see people - whom aren't you - get screwed over.

You sure like taking small issues to an extreme, don't you? What DE is going to do is already extremely fair, and in fact not even necessary. They don't owe us anything technically. We choose to play their game. Why do we do it? Because we find the content fun and, as a bonus (BONUS meaning not necessary but it's there anyways) the developers actually listen to their community and work out fair tradeoffs when changes like this come around. Don't use the stupid "paying customer" excuse, the only thing you're paying for is exactly the digital content you're getting : platinum and whatever else from things like Founder and Prime access packs. You don't deserve anything past that. And as many have said, it's MORE than fair that they're giving back formas. Even if they were to lose players, they technically aren't obliged to even give us formas. They're simply finding a middle ground with those players who want it because they do care about their player community. Quit acting like children and asking for more. You're getting more than you deserve, and you still complain. Also, if you're going to leave a game once a major update comes out with loads of content over some slight loss of "work" spent, which doesn't make sense because you should be getting XP as you're playing the new content anyways, then bye! Act the way you are instead of maybe forma'ing those frames affected, then simply playing the damn game as a game and not a job. But then that would work and make sense, right? Edited by so_many_watermelons

And when all of the paying users leave, then you unpaying people will have your entire accounts forma'd over into deleted data when the game goes down because no one is left paying anymore because they refuse to pay for a game that randomly deletes progress for only certain players. But, hey... Beta! You agreed to lose everything at random by your logic, so I guess you'll be happy when you lose the entire game and thank them for it.

I personally don't care about losing the 1-ability builds (because I always knew things like that would and could change in a beta), what I care about is being told to add my polarities - which is the worst possible experience to be found within this game - all over again from frippin' scratch!

If I'm going to have my progress reset - when others get to keep their progress wholly unscathed - then I choose to quit, and never give the devs another cent in appreciation of their respect for me.

But if they were truly being fair, and gave all of you your formas back - no matter which slots you used - then I bet you'd be singing a very different tune right now.

I'm pretty sure the deal that DE made recently boosted them and might keep the game up for a while.

You all realize that even with a 3 ability slot reforma where you're only using _one_ power you most likely wont need to re-apply that _single_ forma that is removed and given back to you right?

Were talking in the worst case scenario you need to re-apply a single forma and even then you'll most likely have enough drain available to not need it.

Remember the amount of drain is staying the same and the amount of slots is dropping by 2

Leaving the game because you might have to reapply a single forma is kind of overreacting a bit, don't you think OP?

As others said, you aren't actually entitled to anything except what you have already paid for and received.

You know things are subject to change and should expect that.

If reapplying a forma is that bad I'd like to point out you can have whatever gear it is releveled in a few hours by going to sechura with a reliable group.

Might need to do a few levels on earlier planets so you can chuck some life saving mods on there, but 6 or so levels won't take long.

Sorry, but your logic is blowing my mind OP.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

well, all i can hope is that items that skip big parts of the game never happen, ever again. there's no reason for them to exist.

especially since such game skipping items will probably be tradable at some point for no reason, if not tradable to start with.

there's no point in having mechanics if the game also lets you walk around them and skip them but still end up in the same end point.

Its not like anyone is asking that de add legendary forma to the market place.

As for OP: While I won't leave, I will definitely not be happy if I'm forced to re-forma some of my frames. 

I do have a slight issue with the "Crush in all the polarities" solution. Crushing in the polarities would certainly be a great solution for most people, but I would personally end up twice slapped once it was done. All of my write over polarities are actually D's. After a crush in was done I would then have to immediately buy a new forma with money, and then afterwards go back to level 0 just to remove one of the D polarities. Pretty much the only card that I can see myself taking out right now is vitality (leaving myself with Redirection and Vigor still)*. Legendary Formas would give players the ability to put their builds back together in a method least damaging to each of their specific situations in regards to the new rules. Furthermore, it wouldn't end up blindly hurting the players whom were currently taking a break from Warframe that didn't know they needed to self-move around their slots based on the clarification from the devs.

* Current Build: Bastille, Intensify, Continuity, Stretch, Constitution, Flow, Streamline, Vitality, Vigor, Redirection

Edited by Clovis15