Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Formas As A Refund For Lost Polarities.

laserkid

And when all of the paying users leave, then ...

Claiming that you speak for all paying users is pretty childish. I'm a paying player, and I'm fine with what they are doing. I hope there are no "legendary" items given as "compensation".

A three day affinity booster for each frame that has had an ability slot forma'd would be nice though.

Claiming that you speak for all paying users is pretty childish. I'm a paying player, and I'm fine with what they are doing. I hope there are no "legendary" items given as "compensation".

A three day affinity booster for each frame that has had an ability slot forma'd would be nice though.

I honestly don't understand why people are so adamantly against the idea of "legendary" Formas. If they were made untradable, how does that affect you in any way?

Look its not just the inconvenience of the time lost - its also an uncertaiunty factor. Why should I even keep buying formas for new frames when I have absolutely no idea what will and will not happen.

Yes, DE can do what it wants, but per Doc & Skip's 'the rules' (cookie for anyone that gets the reference) - just because you can doesn't mean you should.

By making this situation uncertain not only am I disinclined to buy more things, I am also disinclined to do just about anything in the game until I know whats going to happen.

I really don't want to quit the game, but really, if this issue isn't at least addressed to a satisfactory level (I would prefer non tradable legendary formas as the least obtrusive issue to the affected players but there may be solutions no one has thought of), why should I keep playing and more importantly paying in an uncertain market?

Part of how I've made it two years is when DE upsets things, though they don't have to as many have said they DO in fact address them, and that's what I'm asking for them to do, a simple forma return is not addressing it.

Edited by laserkid

Dear Kihana, I am glad to hear that you don't have a job - or any other obligations, for that matter - to worry about (or - at the very least - your job doesn't take up entire days like mine often does). I wish I could still be as lucky as you were. The last time I tried using an affinity booster, it was far more like 4 hours per level 30 cap out. I took an Ignis from 0 to 6 formas in a single week, and then right afterwards they nerfed the gun. I'm cool with the fact they nerfed it, that's what a BETA - and game development in general - is all about. I get that. However, what they didn't do is take the formas back off the gun and tell me to do it all over again from scratch. I still have the polarities that are the proof of the fact that I did that, which took such crazy non stop playing - during a down period when I wasn't busy - that I was actually physically ill for a great deal of time afterwards (trust me, you don't want details). Handing me a 3-Day affinity booster to me right now is completely disrespectful of my life. I am so glad that your life provides you with the time necessary to check out like that, mine no longer does.

Unless you're suggesting that this should be a special "affinity forma" that permanently locks that item - but only that item - into affinity status up until it hits 30, so that you're not trying claim that DE's compensation should only be for people without jobs.

NOTICE: No, seriously... I'm not being sarcastic... I wish I wasn't creating endless articles that can sometimes take multiple days - and entire nights, even - to write and edit, so I really do envy you and your less time intensive job.

Edited by Clovis15

Cue all the claims from people who have every favorite warframe forma'd 7 times but hardly get to play thanks to that thing called real life. Those two things are generally considered mutually exclusive. When demanding compensation for something, people will always over-exagerate their losses.

Its not like anyone is asking that de add legendary forma to the market place.

au contraire.

if it exists, like say, Founders items, there will be consistent bantering, people that want to be able to trade them or get them.

we're better off just not having the temptation to start with.

there's a good point here as well.

Some random guy will probably have tons of built forma already, forma some frame slots he doesn't really use. Than use the legendary forma on the frames he actually likes. This is a horrible idea. 

as that would be a shortcut skip to a mechanic. defeating the purpose of the mechanic. which we don't want to have in the game either. not healthy for the game, even in limited supply.

2 words. Easily exploitable. Some random guy will probably have tons of built forma already, forma some frame slots he doesn't really use. Than use the legendary forma on the frames he actually likes. This is a horrible idea. 

So what if you spent a lot on this game, some people usually spend much more, and they spend it with the thought in there mind that they're willing to help DE fund this game. Getting plats is the second thing on there mind.

Edit: 3 extra words. You're too entitled

So someone is going to level a frame from 0 to 30 multiple times to get a legendary forma? Plz think about what you just said lol, your logic hurts my brain. I dont see how anyone who hasnt formad multiple frames to there needs can even have an opinon on the matter, if vets want there countless hours refunded thats there buisness and has no bearing on someone who doesn't forma, unless you want everyone to endure the grind once again. Am not going to give threats to DE its there game , but if they think am grinding all those warframes again there crazy, ill just find another game that simple.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

That's the thing, I ALREADY DID YOUR MECHANICAL SUFFERING TIME FOR YOU! I'm not skipping it because I already did it, it's only skipping it for someone whom didn't already do it. I'm not asking to skip leveling that I didn't do, I'm only asking to not have to redo the leveling that I already did. You claim that only the people who already did the leveling deserve the polarities, and to this I agree. Therefore I - and others who forma'd out those slots - deserve to not be forced to repeat it, and I said nothing about random wankers deserving anything. It doesn't matter what the random wankers want. Just as much as they can't have the founder's package - or event weapons that they missed - they won't be able to have this either, especially if they make it untradeable. It's irrelevant if they complain, letting them complain as it an nauseum still hasn't earned them a founder's package revival yet either. This would instead only be for people with a level 30 Warframe that have a returned Forma'd slot that they lost, and if someone's Warframe ISN'T 30 - just to catch the people trying to get it in at the last second as an exploit - then you can just give them a normal Forma. Then it would be too much work for people to mass generate them as an exploit (which they'd have minimal reason to do because without being able to sell them, it wouldn't be a terribly useful use of their time).

You know what also isn't healthy for a game? Telling people that it's not worth their time to use the wretched mechanic at all, because their time spent not having fun can be rolled back on a whim. The forma mechanic is the most wretched - vile - frustrating part of this entire game, so if I can't trust in it then I'd stop doing it (assuming I didn't straight up leave). Let's say I stayed, that right there would eliminate 99% of the money they got from me, as most of my payments to them went to 4-6 forma'ing almost every single gun in my quite massive collection.

I have more than enough super maxed out OP guns that I'd never need a new gun ever again if I stayed like you suggested, they'd just never get money anymore as they've taught me that it's a wasted investment by telling me that I'm just paying to experience the worst part of the game and that afterwards they'll roll it back. I could continue quite nicely with my massive stock pile of super forma'd guns never giving them another cent, but then I'd not be a paying player anymore. Somehow this doesn't make them a single damn cent. Formas are the perpetual biggest cash sink in the game, and a vile experience that is so unfun they often leave you asking why you're still playing each time you use them. But without them, I really wouldn't be buying platinum on a regular basis (I have a bad habit of maxing out every gun I touch, not just the famous OP guns).

Maxed out multi-forma weapons in my collection off the top of my head (remember that stance cards didn't always exist):

Akmagnus

Aklex

Akvasto

Amprex

Boltor Prime

Brakk

Bronco Prime

Cestra

Dakra Prime

Detron

Despair

Dex Furis

Dragon Nikana

Dread

Fang Prime

Flux Rifle

Glaive Prime

Gorgon Wraith

Grinlok

Hate

Hek

Hind

Ignis

Jat Kittag

Lato Vandal (that's not a typo)

Latron Prime

Latron Wraith

Lecta

Lex Prime

Machete Wraith

Marelok

Obex

Ogris (I really don't even mind that it got nerfed)

Orthos Prime

Prova Vandal

Reaper Prime

Sicarus Prime

Soma

Tigris

Twin Gremlins

Wraith Twin Vipers

Let me tell you right now, I most certainly did NOT get all of those Formas from the void. I can deal with releveling weapons far better than Warframes, before you ask. If - however - I lost faith in Warframe's Formas being safe, just think of all the Formas that I wouldn't be buying anymore.

Edited by Clovis15

Well, I think the reason they put 5 formas is to polarize the ability mods since they'd increase the mod capacity. Remove 4 and add 2 plain slots, hopefully that would help people reduce the forma used on their Warframes. Perhaps you only need to use 3 formas to have the same build again. 

Or is it?

Why does everyone make a big deal about releveling? I mean, it literally takeS ONE odd to take your frame to around lvl 10, which combined with the aura, it becomes very useful. And if you hate lvling your frame, WHY ARE YOU FORMA'ING FRAMES YOU DON'T LIKE?!!

TBH, I very much support the change as this will allow for everyone to experiment with all the abilities the devs worked hard on to actually implement. I couldn't care less if the polarities are taken away or not as if had a polarity on ability slots is because I decided to trash an ability to place another mod, which is exactly the thing this change will try to fix.

This is basically like if they were FINALLY were to buff the braton prime by adding dmg and giving it two v-polarity slots, yet I came here and asked for a refund for two of my 5 forma that I used on it. But would I do that? NO! I'd be so excited about the much needed buff i'd probably pee a little. 

TL;DR - No need for refunding.

Edited by alfaomega04

Cue all the claims from people who have every favorite warframe forma'd 7 times but hardly get to play thanks to that thing called real life. Those two things are generally considered mutually exclusive. When demanding compensation for something, people will always over-exagerate their losses.

If there claim is correct then they will be refunded, exageration or not i fail to see your point, ppl are also forgetting all the plat spent on affinity boosters to make that grind less painfull.

So yeah some clarifiers, non tradable, and automatic - no claim system should even be needed, the system will know what polarities its removed, for each one that's removed a legendary forma should be awarded, heck I'd go so far as to say tie it to the specific warframe entirely, that way it could not be abused (though I also find it laughable that you'd go through more leveling so as to use this elsewhere, its counterproductive).

And sure, people will want and complain about them.

People want and complain for lots of things, that doesn't mean they'll get them and by not properly compensating people for their lost time and effort, that will NOT stop people from asking for these. That virtual cat is out of the bag sir, this concept is on this board multiple places - even if DE doesn't do these, they are a theoretical concept, creating them or not will not stall people asking and begging for them.

Hi Tenno's first sorry for my poor englisf im proudly FROG from Quebec im in the same point of vue is just Warframe is THE game how im spending the mores hours and tnk u free to play where im spending ++++++ $$$$$$$$$$$ EVER and im a comodore & intellivision player  lol is cool u making changes and it is one of the reason u making Warframe a verry good game so fews stuffs (ex:crimson device,gleaming talon....u now the old mytic stuff legendary drops making warframe a tatical farming game lol Time before knowing ennemy's drop depends of # scans  specific    for which ennemis suposed dropped the "X"  stance or ... i time to making notes tricks glitch lol & time for discover is notjust the ennemy X whith that special color of pants just in that 2 specific mission probably at 33°C in the 43 minutes  of each hours of the middle moon carter in the solstice   

o when the pig giving her place to monk in the East for finally taking a fews shot trying whit in red pants or if i keep Booth try tennos moddigs hosting switch solo end game teams and making the same mission again & again & again and where u trying other strategy  go to NE American FR , Eng European fr , putting PS4 setting language in the FR AN and finally to sleepy buying That (not very useful) thing between 50 to 200pl or much more im seeing peoples buying stuffs more 2k in pl ...... .And it is one the reasons makings legion of Tenno's from everywhere in the world love and is happy to passed hours and hours & over to finally for me and more other Tenno's  a quest to find and that only things i dont hav leveling  for hunting the only things im tink is amesing usful angg sure make me king ;} Is sure Warframe hav  discover reciep to making universe  where is goog (same like drugs lol) to passing really good times here  whit an amesing potential . and when is time to spending money eyes close or the bill far of the eyes o v u r wife of take ur pant and compare bill that miss "FF Realm reaborn of the fantasy never finish ;} is justified more majority ov others games by the time u r passed hand u having great funny activity where is cool ur change ur mind for that a very big TANK for u DE . Ok for that , im sure u can realise is true alls tennos dreams u finally find solution to balance rarity vs real drops,the thing is posible to aquiere in game again or not ,    the specific complaint is im sure a general Veteran's bloodReverse  same like heart spasm when see u DE just  switch "legend" stuffs whit a specific valor a price making whit the same general sheme calculating monetary valor based only on time u can ,hav or u can passing again whit specific thing . im trolling to long for sur whit fr frog words that sleepy Tenno is just to hard seeing u whit alls goods intentions completly making valuable stuffs taking realy bigplace on heart of thousand of Tenno is same like explain noobies why  ex Big Caliber Maxed costhing around 360" R5 fusion cores "price of R5 fusion core on forum ¿? and around 4 000 000 in credits to maxed ... how  calculate that just Valor "just selling price " enyway ur DE u are GODS please just stop killing that universe he have a realy chance to vanquish the evil and is sur the power of valors ,labors and community self support is on THE light can win lol dont kill that universe for nothing understanding is not a mathematical prob of the matrice programming is a marketing decisions or just a good intention to try making the "noneBetaPlayer" the mass  the realy right big mass of causual gamers and other potentially gamers who hav acquiring nextgen device THE realy target of consumer  for the marketting and is mabey i think a try for making more attractive for alls just , is my opinion u killing a bit of the soul of that marvelous great game TANK making time to read me and Dont forget  DE Tenno KEEP FIGHTING  many others other opportunity ;} see u in game and for now Salutation du fond du Québec Wrabbit    JIPIXXVIIII PS4 playeer      . Im s I get that beta is beta and things are going to change, I get that and respect that - my problem here is that by changing the polarities that have been applied to the ability slots, not only are we losing the forma (which is being returned), but all the time and energy put into re leveling the frame.

This is something that needs to be addressed, and has been done before with legendary fusion cores when mod cards lost levels that had been time and energy put into - all I am asking is for the same treatment people with that beta issue being addressed, that those of us who lose polarities get a similar item a 'legendary forma' that polarizes without level loss, because that level has already been re earned.

I have put a lot of time and money into this game, and I wish to keep doing so, but if I am completely abused in this change, I see little reason to keep doing so.

EDIT: I don't care that individual users don't care that I'm quitting I don't know any of you nor you me, this was never intended as a 'no don't go' bait - this is something I want DE to consider, and given that I have put in a lot of money to them, quitting is the onl;y real thing I can do to show them how serious this issue is to me. If you disagree feel free to argue, but  don't waste my or your time with  telling me you don't care - because neither of us does.

So yeah some clarifiers, non tradable, and automatic - no claim system should even be needed, the system will know what polarities its removed, for each one that's removed a legendary forma should be awarded, heck I'd go so far as to say tie it to the specific warframe entirely, that way it could not be abused (though I also find it laughable that you'd go through more leveling so as to use this elsewhere, its counterproductive).

And sure, people will want and complain about them.

People want and complain for lots of things, that doesn't mean they'll get them and by not properly compensating people for their lost time and effort, that will NOT stop people from asking for these. That virtual cat is out of the bag sir, this concept is on this board multiple places - even if DE doesn't do these, they are a theoretical concept, creating them or not will not stall people asking and begging for them.

That sounds reasonable enough, unless it was tied to the frame it the polarity was removed from than I'm fine with ir it. But if DE makes the forma that was meant refunding the frame itself universal than there's an issue.

I would really appreciate if they let me know how i can shift my polarities so that i dont get forma refunded. Like maybe a more in depth faq with pictures so i know what to change and do to prepare all my frames so that i dont get like 50 forma back and a buncha frames back to vanilla status.

You formated 10 slots?? wow, just wow, but why??

From what i understood 6 slots will keep their polarity, 2 slots will either get blank or will keep their polarity if formated and 2 slots will vanish and you will get refund for those.

Also i dont understand how you are losing your hard work, do you need to forma same slot again?? no cause it wont exist anymore. You get free forma to use on something else. I could understand 12h xp boost for every forma used(with ability to claim when you want), sure, it should be enough to help you lvl your stuff.

To me it sounds like you just want to scam de for legendary forma.

Edited by Davoodoo

This isn't about me trying to scam DE, for me it's about the fact that things such as fully-powered level-10 D-Polarity cards - especially if you're using two of them - won't be able to fit again without my added D-Polarities that are now being reverted back into time-robbing Formas (that already robbed my of both my time - and my sanity - once before). This isn't about a scam, it's about having my Warframe reset back to a status of completely worthless - being told in the process that my compensation for this is getting to grind all over again as worthless, with the only other compensation being the acquisition of the broken worthless skills back - and then being told that I should be glad that my progress was rolled back when other people got to keep their progress because they forma'd the proper non-rollback slots instead.

I am willing to play ball with their new 8-card only builds. But because all of my polarities added were in the tainted slots, it's going to become nothing more than a pure progress roll back for me. Try playing a Vauban without a level 10 Redirection and tell me how much fun you're having, now trying forma'ing him three frippin' times. With those D-polarities gone, those expensive cards aren't going to fit in any arrangement of what remains. Maybe your build will be strong, but I will be consigned back to day 0 grind hell - which I can no longer do easily thanks to my job - and thus will spend weeks fixing it before I can deign to be allowed to join my friends again on any ACTUALLY MEANINGFUL WARFRAME PLAYING (especially since they'll be doing the new content while I'm stuck in infinite re-leveling hell).

Ever trying getting real leveling done with PUGs? I assure you, it just doesn't happen. Those people leave at round 5 every single frippin' time! What is the point of even going to Sechura, especially with the way taxes usually are, if all you're going to do is leave at round five?! My friends don't owe me anything, no one's friends ever owe them rote mindless grinding, so I don't see why you think anyone will ever get actual help with this releveling process. Instead people's unscrewed friends will be playing new content, having fun with their new shiny Archwings, and the screwed will instead be in grinding hell with pugs that don't stay beyond round 5.

I know you people say that this has happened before with Mods 2.0, but that was different. I - whom own a Lato Vandal - supported that, as it was a burden - for the sake of improving the game - that placed upon everyone equally. It was inconvenient, but it was the new way for everyone. This instead is a massive burden of forced re'formaing only occurring for some people (with being given moves back - that never did nothing at all - being claimed to be compensation*), with rewards - without the slightest inconvenience whatsoever - occurring for others. I repeat - the same as I said in other threads - that I don't care about the loss of those two slots, it's the loss of those polarities that I care about. When the Brakk was nerfed it at least still had all of my polarities, same for the Ogris. I don't mind that you're compromising the ability to make single move focused builds anymore, I just want to have my painstakingly added polarities afterwards. I will adapt to the new build making restrictions, just as I adapted to gun nerfs, but I want to keep the polarities afterwards.

* Tesla is pretty much just useless, I don't use Bounce because I'm not a troll and it's worthless beyond being a jerk (and any attempt to use it in a vaguely meaningful way immediately makes my guild scream at me to not use it), and - while certainly powerful - I just didn't like Vortex's style after a while. While not Vauban's ultimate move, Bastille just ended up being the move that I really liked.

Finally, my problem with the slot shuffle solution - which would personally save my own investments - is that it punishes people that are on vacation from the game right now, and thus would miss out on being told that their work would soon be invalidated if actions aren't quickly taken.

Edited by Clovis15

As awful as this thread and the original thread poster are, I agree for the most part.

While it's nice to be getting forma back, having to re-level needlessly seems silly.

It's just going to force everyone to farm io/xini/sechura/odd until they get their warframes back up to par.

Legendary Forma that don't reset the frame's level, arent tradeable, and only work once would be a fantastic solution.

I doubt that's what we're going to get though.

Re-leveling a gets-hit-once-and-dies frame like Vauban is going to be an incredible pain in the &#!.