Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Bummed Out. Because Life.

NKato

So, that whole "Operation Cryotic Front" thing?

I missed out on it, except for managing to play at least one mission, because life decided to be a tremendous @$$.

Basically, it goes something like this: Life kicks your front door down, drags you out of the house and beats you with a billy club called "obligations and responsibilities" to the point where you're rendered unconscious.

Then Life screams at you, "Too bad! You're not getting that Latron Wraith, or all those nifty cold-based damage mods! Because you've got things to do for your family and friends!"

So in other words, Life > Warframe. :\

It sucks even more when you're such a huge fan of the Latron, and have been waiting FOREVER for a combination cold-based damage mod for my Serro melee weapon. I really hope the damage mods at least go into general circulation soon.

Crap.

Obligations and Responsibilities only exist until you feel obligated and responsible. If you tell them to sort themselves out, they're not your problem...

...So you can spend the next 1000 hours on Warframe. ¬w¬

EDIT: Wait, I just read this in a bit more detail...Im not being sarcastic, but you took that much time away from your hobby, for the purpose of your friends and family...? Get a grip, and more importantly, tell your social circle to get a grip, so they can sort their own issues out rather than running to you. Being selfish gets you a long, long, long way in life.

Helping people is fine, but when it begins encroaching or hindering you, its time to stop.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

If I could give you my latron wraith, I probably would. I leveled the thing up and just set it on a shelf to collect dust.

Prime is better as far as I can tell.

Someone crunched the numbers and Latron Wraith is actually a little bit better than L.Prime when you get into endgame-level content. Not a tremendous amount, but still. Dig around in the forums, I'm sure the thread's still there.

Obligations and Responsibilities only exist until you feel obligated and responsible. If you tell them to sort themselves out, they're not your problem...

...So you can spend the next 1000 hours on Warframe. ¬w¬

EDIT: Wait, I just read this in a bit more detail...Im not being sarcastic, but you took that much time away from your hobby, for the purpose of your friends and family...? Get a grip, and more importantly, tell your needy-@ss social circle to get a grip, so they can sort their own issues out rather than running to you. Being selfish gets you a long, long, long way in life.

Helping people is fine, but when it begins encroaching or hindering you, its time to stop.

I'm not an jerk.

Besides, it was more like, I had things I really had to take care of, and it simply couldn't be left alone.

Someone crunched the numbers and Latron Wraith is actually a little bit better than L.Prime when you get into endgame-level content. Not a tremendous amount, but still. Dig around in the forums, I'm sure the thread's still there.

Ye slightly, it depends what you want to prioritise, theyre both very good weapons. Wraith has better damage and better dps as a result of fire rate and crit chance and with a proc build still achieves something like 60% proc chance. Latron on the other hand is slightly behind in damage but is at 97% proc chance iirc. Not guaranteed corrosive ofcourse but proccing like that youre bound to hit corrosive soon.

well they both have there ups and downs... dmg wise the wraith bearly out guns the prime but with the primes higher status the prime is better for late game since corrosive/viral is crucial in lategame

Last devstream mentioned events being replayable(although the idea was around for a long time), i guess that would be your best shot.

I would LOVE this. Seriously. Final Fantasy XIV does annual seasonal events, with rewards from previous years available for purchase while newer items had to be earned. I would love this format to be available in Warframe. I'd be patient enough to wait another year for the missions to come back up. :)

As far as the "past events become quests" idea goes, they also said they are not sure as of yet whether event-unique stuff will return with those. So there's no telling whether or not you'd even get stuff like the Latron Wraith in the first place.

The Cold mods, on the other hand...look at Cicero's set. Give it time, they will come. It'll probably take ages, but they will come.

Don't know, I just glanced at warframe-builder and it doesn't look all that close

4Uix5cy.jpg

In 1974, a philosopher called Robert Nozick posed the thought-experiment of an "experience machine" that gave you simulated experiences of love, success and happiness.  Most people claimed at that time that they wouldn't be willing to plug into it and forego real life fulfillments. 

But here we are in 2014 and experience machines are with us, they're called videogames, and many of us are quite willing to plug in.

The trouble with real life is that, while it is certainly possible to find happiness in real life (indeed, the formula for happiness is quite simple, just the same as in games - set goals that are just on the edge of your reach, with measurable criteria of success/failure, and attain them) it just seems more difficult and elusive for many of us. 

Life is harsh and cruel, life doesn't care, and success in life depends so much on accident (genetic inheritance - e.g. clever, beautiful, strong-willed), and so many are left behind. 

Yet at the same time, collective human activity cushions us from the harshest and cruelest of life's aspects.

So we plug in whenever we can.

Don't know, I just glanced at warframe-builder and it doesn't look all that close

4Uix5cy.jpg

Is it counting the Crit Chance in it aswell? As per my experience with the Wraith, I have Forma'd it once and it destroys Vay Kek and Corrupted Vor quite quickly.

In 1974, a philosopher called Robert Nozick posed the thought-experiment of an "experience machine" that gave you simulated experiences of love, success and happiness.  Most people claimed at that time that they wouldn't be willing to plug into it and forego real life fulfillments. 

But here we are in 2014 and experience machines are with us, they're called videogames, and many of us are quite willing to plug in.

The trouble with real life is that, while it is certainly possible to find happiness in real life (indeed, the formula for happiness is quite simple, just the same as in games - set goals that are just on the edge of your reach, with measurable criteria of success/failure, and attain them) it just seems more difficult and elusive for many of us. 

Life is harsh and cruel, life doesn't care, and success in life depends so much on accident (genetic inheritance - e.g. clever, beautiful, strong-willed), and so many are left behind. 

Yet at the same time, collective human activity cushions us from the harshest and cruelest of life's aspects.

So we plug in whenever we can.

Holy cr*p.

Well that's my thought of the day.