Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Make The Scorpion Reasonable

Rollerlane

have you even been in a Grineer mission, running past some enemies when all of a sudden, you get knocked down and dragged back 100ft by some prissy little Grineer chick? i know i have, and its pretty annoying, but then i noticed something. The line she throws out is the most unreasonable thing i have ever seen. This thing she sends out tracks you. she also doesnt even need to be facing your direction for it to hit you. And its range is seemingly unlimited. Everyone knows Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, imagine if his "GET OVER HERE" spear move hit the other player no matter what, thats what this is like.

Please Fix This

*EDIT* forgot to mention the travel time on the line is fast as hell

Edited by Rollerlane

It's range is not unlimited, it does have a limit. 
Unless you mean the line constantly follows you everywhere you go before it hits you, then no. It doesn't have uber tracking, it's just the Scorpion having good timing and latches itself onto you.

You can jump over Warframe's scorpion grappling hook, you can move side to it and you can even run directly past it. 

I like how you say "Let's make her reasonable" but don't give out anything to change her. You just say the problems and hope DE knows what you think is needed.

It's range is not unlimited, it does have a limit. 

Unless you mean the line constantly follows you everywhere you go before it hits you, then no. It doesn't have uber tracking, it's just the Scorpion having good timing and latches itself onto you.

You can jump over Warframe's scorpion grappling hook, you can move side to it and you can even run directly past it. 

I like how you say "Let's make her reasonable" but don't give out anything to change her. You just say the problems and hope DE knows what you think is needed.

i didnt give out any changes they should make because i gave out whats wrong with her, im also putting my trust into DE and assuming they arent children and now what they are doing and how to code and program a video game like i do with most developers except for the people who made sonic 06 and a handful of other sonic games

Edited by Rollerlane

i didnt give out any changes they should make because i gave out whats wrong with her, im also putting my trust into DE and assuming they arent children and now what they are doing and how to code and program a video game like i do with most developers except for the people who made sonic 06 and a handful of other sonic games

See that's the issue here, you don't give out solutions. If you don't give out a solution or at the very least a hint as to what is needed, it isn't feedback. It's complaining. It isn't constructive, it's just whining.

You want to make them better? Give out solutions.

Like here: 

"The Scorpions grappling hook seems to have unlimited range. I think that it should be limited to the length of the hook itself". <-- This is good feedback

"The scorpions grappling hook seems to have unlimited range." <-- This isn't good feedback. 

Now I'm very positive that you're just complaining because the scorpions seem to be annoying with the grappling hook, but look at them again and be observant. 

The line they throw has a range limit, and also you can avoid it.

They are just freaking skilled at aiming you even when you are moving...

And you can still take mod like fortitude to prevent this thing to happen.... or well in 20% chance.

But indeed the lame thing is they do not even need to be able to see you to hook you, they often grapple you through walls.

I think a solution that could alleviate the issue, or at least some of the frustration is to make the facing of the scorpion actually match the path of the hook. Currently, the path of the fired hook is independent of her facing, and naturally one would expect that a weapon's path should be reflective of the one firing it. Since the hook properly tracks our movement but her aim doesn't it's deceptive and leads you to naturally assume you've dodged her aim when you haven't. If you understand how it works it is easier to avoid, but it doesn't help the feeling of being cheated somewhat since the audio and visual cues are misleading.

The actual hook line itself coming out of her weapon is an accurate visual cue, but is harder to see. However there isn't any real reason why this animation couldn't be cleaned up besides just finding time to fix it since this isn't some huge gamebreaking bug, just a frustrating one.

Edited by rehspuhkuh

Scorpions are fine, I wouldnt mind a reaction window to avoid the pull, but really they are nothing.

They usually launch the hook as soon as they are in range.

Move away a few steps when they launch, and watch the hook stop short, very easy to avoid.

You can also just change your direction when they launch.

If you are running in a line they will get you.

Honestly they only get me when I don't see them first.

If I see them first I shoot them, works everytime.

Never had a problem with the scorpion hitting me (or dodging the hook.)  AI in this game have perfect aim.  Only weapon accuracy keeps them from landing every single round fired.  Coincidentally, the Scorpion's hook shot is 100% accurate, and if you're moving in a very predictable way, they WILL hit you.

Mods like Sure-footed, fortitude, hand spring, and constitution help a ton with avoiding and recovering from knock downs, though they're not the easiest mods to obtain.  Don't expect a QTE to cut the hook line in a precious moment of opportunity either.  That defeats the purpose of these mods, and just encourages people to continue stacking raw defense or ability supportive mods.

The Grapple thing works too well and it needs review, but they're not prissy little Grineer chicks - they're soldiers.  They're a tactical unit.

And clearly they can yank you on your &amp;#&#33;, so... 

I'd just like it if we could shoot while we're being dragged, and maybe disrupt the drag with a few good shots on them.

Oh boy people are complaining now? That really makes me laugh because back in pre U10 ish, Scorpions were WAYYYY more OP than they are now. Zero travel time (Hit scan) on the hook, longer than what it is now, and it would often go through walls. 

No. Scorpions are perfectly balanced now.

Edited by -..-

Have a hint that it is coming. You can spot when a scorpion is about to launch the move but the audio cue gets drowned out and it can occur from behind certain walls. A lot of really disruptive moves similar to this have no proper warning or become invisible based on the environment. It takes a skilled player to avoid it but at times this skill is invalidated by visibility.

See most grenades especially in the void. Visual notification is necessary.

You've clearly never played a Platinum game

tumblr_mt6ml5uD3t1sgx5fwo1_500.gif

Gee I wish this game were more like vanquish.

In that there were better visual cues for enemies and enemy AI validated or required the need of experimentation and learning.

To be more specific the game has a unit called the Romanov. Twice as big as you, imposing, powerful and with a series of tactics. At first it is a miniboss. It comes in and you have to learn what it does and beat it via the games mechanics: mobility, positioning and shooting. This unit then becomes an extremely common unit as the game goes on. In fact the game is comfortable literally dropping this unit in your FACE in the heat of battle. Why? Well the game emphasizes those same moves you learned against the romanov miniboss as its basic mechanics. If you go back through the first mission you will blaze through it not because of your gear but because you know how the enemies work. There was never a level or power cap preventing you from beasting level one. Just your own confidence and knowledge.

allows you to upgrade weapons based on enemy drops but even then most of these are not direct damage upgrades.

I think Scorpions are mostly reasonable, the only two issues I have with them is when they use their grappling hook on you at point-blank range (usually the second you turn a corner or open a door) since there isn't nearly enough time/distance to react to it, and when you get caught in a chain grapple by multiple Scorpions.

If they made it so that they absolute won't grapple you once you're within a certain distance, and added some kind of immunity to being immediately re-grappled after just getting up from an earlier knockdown, they would be fine.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Scorpions deserve a rework and use the Atterax IMO. Grineer troops should tote machetes and sheevs when disarmed by Loki according to being heavy or light troops. 

If you work on Warframe's movement set, you will see that there is plenty of opportunity to dodge her attacks. There are also mods to have you stand up much faster after you fall down. (e.g. Handspring)