Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think The Enemy Need More Interesting Weapons.

Innocent_Flower

So from a gameplay standpoint I feel like most enemy units are the same; They hit you with hitscan bullets or they run up to you and melee. 

If you added new weapons, such as weapons that forced the player to dodge or jump or block or kill or run; the game would become far more interesting. I kinda also want players to have access to more interesting weaponry. 

So, Here are some options. 

Jat kittag Helion

A helion with a jat. A fearsome combination.  Imagining them using their jetpacks not merely to jump but also to get to you, swinging their deadly hammer on the fly. 

Stug users. Though when the enemy use it I suggest they use a long burstfire. 

Penta users. Though the penta grenades become mines rather than remote explosives when the enemy use it. Or just timed explosives. That'd work too. 

Brock/manticore wielders. The animations are already there in krill/g3 and I'm sure they can fit the model of a common bombardier. A heavy melee unit is something warframe needs. 

The gorgon should be changed. Be it that the hitscan bullets are changed to more damaging projectiles that fly at Boltor P speed. More dangerous but also more avoidable. 

The heavy grineer stomp should be slower and allow for players to jump over it. 

The ogris/napalm launcher needs to be changed if they are to be more interesting. There are many ways to do it and I'm eager to hear other opinions on it. I'd say something like "make the napalm rapid fire, remove the explosion damage. That way he can blanket surfaces and force players to move without that annoying knockdown. The bombadier should dumbfire all rockets as fast as he can, then reload. That way there's more to avoid and less tracking BS. You could probably give tracking rockets to a light grineer soldier under the idea that the rocket will stop tracking the player once the lightly armoured grineer is dead. 

Powerfists are currently exactly the same as butchers.. Give powerfists a leap-slam attack that one can avoid by jumping. . 

Sticky grenades. Can be removed by rolling. 

ignitor. 

Imagine a handheld orbital strike drone weapon. Only it wouldn't make sense to use one indoors. So instead the enemy fills the target area with gas which then explodes. 

Plasma cannon. 

Imagine a lanka with a slower projectile that explodes like a rocket. Couple it with a shield and a heavy unit. It'd be magnificent. 

Flying dart seeker. 

An object that floats in the air. It will then try to fly in a straight line through the player, forcing the player to dodge. It will stop several feet past the player and make another fly. It can be shot down. The player can control it by throwing it and then clicking on a surface/enemy it will fly towards. 

an enemy with something like a spartan laser. You know it needs to happen. not as powerful but similar mechanics.  Something like a Vortigaunt blast would also make an excellent weapon (Highly visual charge up in which electricity is drawn towards the weapon, which is then hitscan fired towards the player. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Yes please.

Tired of just "Oh, I have to run and move to avoid hitscan bullets." I'd like to see a corpus using the glaxion. "Oh bugger, I'm now frozen for a moment or two..."

So on and so forth. Just...something to spice up the gameplay a bit.

Some of these ideas are great. I think that the weapons available to Tenno that are obviously Grineer or Corpus in design should be used by their respective faction.

However some are a little over the top. Krill should keep his hammer unique. Maybe a boss that has minions who use that certain kind of weapon? That would work to.

+1'd.

However some are a little over the top. Krill should keep his hammer unique. Maybe a boss that has minions who use that certain kind of weapon? That would work to.

+1'd.

One of the G3 uses a hammer. Krill has the fire/icewaves and that backpack thing to keep him unique. Besides I think Krill needs a change. Maybe krill should be faster? 

I think a Heavy grineer moving in with a hammer would be a good challenge. I mean tenno are fast so you'd be able to keep away from the slow but deadly movements. Maybe You could make a hammer moving heavy behave like a fleshpound. 

Both factions have weapons they apparently donot use.

Maybe the Grineer Heavy Gunner should use the Jat Kittag. Black/orange color scheme.

Corpus Techs use the Penta as an alt weapon.

Frost Crewman use the Glaxion, they can also extinguish fires and fire procs.

Grineer Musketeer: Scorpion with a Grinlok

Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I agree on pretty much everything but please don't forget void! the corrupted simply use strun's and dera's. They're just re-used and don't fit in with the whole corrupted theme. Give them something unique.

also... as long as this: 

an enemy with something like a spartan laser. You know it needs to happen. 

doesn't instant kill but maybe instant-hit shields it should be fine. I can't imagine how something as powerful as a spartan laser from halo would would work in a game like warframe. You'd see a red flash and BAM *dead* though dodging is possible, NEVER make an instant killing enemy! It will just lead to frustration.

I agree on pretty much everything but please don't forget void! the corrupted simply use strun's and dera's. They're just re-used and don't fit in with the whole corrupted theme. Give them something unique.

Honestly If DE did their thing and ported more enemies correctly to the void this wouldn't be an issue. 

I... want it...

I was kinda thinking more

Buck_v_Hunter.jpgBecause they're like the coolest enemies to fight ever and their gameplay is amazing. Imagine a corpus, grineer or... maybe even an infested version of one (infested version probably not a biped. The gun would probably be pus or acid or something too) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Borderlands is that way -->

The enemies, as they are, need work, sure, but having Borderlands class enemies walk towards 4 Tenno's in "siege mode" is not going to make the game more interesting, when it will again boil down to "we all stand right here in a Snow Globe and wait for them".

Borderlands has you running all over the frigging place, in very complex terrains and structures. We do not have that here. I played the Moxxi Arenas, which is the closest concept to this, and it was boring as hell. So will this, unless we actually get crafted missions to go along with the enemies, especially when we can basically spam abilities non stop, unlike Borderlands, that has cool down timers.

Edited by DSpite

Borderlands is that way -->

-snip-

No, not at all. What it means is the existing enemies get more balance, and a couple of new ones can spice up the gameplay. They don't have to be an equal mix. Some could appear only on specific missions/planets/difficulties. Adding variety within context is never a bad thing.