Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mounts!

mkmahdi24

As you guys are all aware that warframe has made Kubrows and Archwing (coming in update 15).

I believe warframe should create mounts, when i say mounts i mean things you can ride. These mounts should be able to be used during missions.  An idea i always had were vehicles and creatures. An example of transport could be hover bikes. Hover bikes would just be awsome!! imagine racing with friends and competing in tournaments.

Tournaments just brings me to my next to my next subject on transport. Warframe as alerts, conclave and invasion but what about tournaments? Different tournaments should have different prizes for example, a racing tournament should have atleast 10 platinum as a reward. Also, there shoulod be no restrictions to join.

Because mounts would make a big change and in my opinion is an amazing idea, mounts should not cost platinum and should be earned by farming or unlocking achievements.

Please comment all your ideas below.

Are you ready Tenno? Update 15 is waiting.

Edited by mkmahdi24

In one devstream the devs mentioned emplaced turrets once, but i haven't heard anything about it since. I think that archwing might be the closest thing to a "mount" that you'll get, friend.

Edit: arching changed to archwing

Edited by Vorsches

I think that you're asking for a free BIG space, because we dont have that much in the maps that we have right now. Not gona lie, would be awesome, but would come with some mission reworks and stuff... maybe a Sabotage 2.0 for planet levels, like Earth, Europa, Phobos and alike, where the station you have to blow up is so protected that the Liset may get destroyed so you have to drop really far away and blah blah blah...

Ps: Just giving some posibilities!

I think, after archwing, this will be far more feasible.

It's been suggested a few times, but the main issue before now was the lack of technology to support it.

With the additions of Kubrows and archwings, most of the issues involved have been addressed now. There's still a few tweaks they'd need before we could have legit vehicles and mounts, but we're actually pretty close now.

I'd be happy to use the birdlifters as a sort of hover pack. Walk, and then assisted boosts when sprinting, double jump, slow hover when falling, longer wallruns.

Grineer and Corpus can have vehicles, Infested can have running forms. Tenno on Archwing for enhanced ground combat.

Can we please not try and make Warframe into every other braindead casual mmo out there? Thanks.

The entire point to the Tenno being on foot [outside of the long-abandoned space ninjas thing], is that it adds more agility and versatility. The Corpus and the Grineer don't design their spaceships for you to ride some big honking dinosaur through, so I imagine you would have some difficulty trying to maneuver something like that through one.

Can we please not try and make Warframe into every other braindead casual mmo out there? Thanks.

The entire point to the Tenno being on foot [outside of the long-abandoned space ninjas thing], is that it adds more agility and versatility. The Corpus and the Grineer don't design their spaceships for you to ride some big honking dinosaur through, so I imagine you would have some difficulty trying to maneuver something like that through one.

when i say transport i dont mean huge ships. I mean having a faster form of moving that isnt on foot but thanks for your thoughts

when i say transport i dont mean huge ships. I mean having a faster form of moving that isnt on foot but thanks for your thoughts

I didn't mean ship either, my comment was referring to how in all other mmos that have mounts, you typically have horses, and at least one kind of lizard, with the occasional spider.

It doesn't detract from my statement though. While many areas in the game may be able to fit a large animal, there are many more claustrophobic areas that could not. Regardless, adding equipment to the game with the sole intention for you to go faster encourages rushing. There's really no reason why we would need to move that fast anyway. Have you tried a MaxPowerStrength Volt Speed build, arcane Storm helm with Sprint Boost and Rush on it? You move so fast that any attempt to change direction more than 30 degrees results in dramatic slowdown and sliding. Same can apply to Loki if he's moving fast enough.

The only other reason to have mounts would be to look cool, which I'm not against, but I'd rather the devs spend their efforts on fixing the game up to be fun rather than shiny.