Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Matrix-Why The Whole Mass Extermination Thing?

WarframeStigma

like the Reapers of the Mass Effect franchise, or vice versa, the machines have been doing their little system of a harvest that for some reason calls for the mass extemination of Zionians. sure, its for good reason: increasing numbers become a threat. but when i crap like this

FWdC8Kl.png

LoTdlyd.png

7coRgIx.png

i wonder why the hell it was even necessary in the first place, sure take out a considerable number of them IF they get out of hand, but take out the whole farm? there's no point.  i mean, look at that blockade that the machines have set up! that probably stretches for miles! why do they need a mass extermination for the off chance that humans might become a threat? (which is laughable)

there is no way in hell that, in the undeterminable amount of time that the machines have been in power, the machines couldnt have invented a more efficient plan in population control. seriously, no way. they had all the time in the world to come up with alternatives that involve not shelving miles worth of blockade that occur once in a blue moon. 

Machines, might i suggest tha-

bH1D3Jd.gif

Its the threat, think of it, one day someone will be born that realises the way to defeat them....

More people = more risk of someone realising.

Go into the matrix, take nukes loaded from your launch program, nuke the entire world (in the matrix).

Every real human in their pod dies, no more power.

Bit extreme, but eff it, they are just batteries anyway.

Edit: Also, the sequels were just bad, no logic to be found there :)

Edited by Egg_Chen

Its the threat, think of it, one day someone will be born that realises the way to defeat them....

More people = more risk of someone realising.

Go into the matrix, take nukes loaded from your launch program, nuke the entire world (in the matrix).

Every real human in their pod dies, no more power.

Bit extreme, but eff it, they are just batteries anyway.

Edit: Also, the sequels were just bad, no logic to be found there :)

yes they were lackluster, but i do love me some giant machine blockade. and machine city which is highly populated for no given reason. the machines in general are cool. tbh that's the only aspect of the frachise that i admire

see, the reason for this, is it's a Movie.

which requires it's plot to be something very bland, following one of... 8 paths i think.

they 'need' to do this, that, this at this time, one of those, a few of these, and end a specific way.

yay.... god forbid a movie wanted to actually have a story that would make sense rather than just copy pasta one of the formulas of stories.

it's disgusting that once all the main characters are introduced in a movie, i can tell you how the rest of the movie goes.

this is why i rarely watch Movies. and avoid Television for the most part. it's all too disappointing.