Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid's Tentacles Need Some Love..

Kurrumitsumi

so Hydroid is by far my favorite frame, but his 4 needs some love..

too many times does it place them on the ceiling or all in one spot like a crazy pony tail, im okay with walls as long as they can still hit things, i think they should more actively appear under enemy's, and not on the ceiling or next to something, also they need to more actively attempt to strike enemy's passing by, even if they don't pick them up.. i was playing a t3d today and i had a whole feild of all 12 in a thigh hallway on the ground and a heavy gunner walked through them completely unscathed.. this is a problem for me as it makes the ability useless until it runs out.. 

i know how to use the ability, i am an avid Hydroid player and don't need tips as to where or how to use the ability, please focus on the points i provided and thank you for your feedback :D

TLDR:

-no more ceiling tentacles 

-more actively appear under enemy's

-more actively strike enemy's walking by

-no more crazy ponytails 

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

The tentacles come out where you point them.

Completely off-topic: Those tentacles get loads of love from anime girls.

no, the tentacles come out within a space up to a certain distance away, when you hit 4, during the animation the area they can appear in is highlighted your energy color in the direction of your cursor, this includes walls the ceiling and any pipes or cracks in doorways, sometimes even spawning upside down making only the base visible..

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

no, the tentacles come out within a space up to a certain distance away, when you hit 4, during the animation the area they can appear in is highlighted your energy color in the direction of your cursor, this includes walls the ceiling and any pipes or cracks in doorways, sometimes even spawning upside down making only the base visible..

You are actually both right, it does do the above.. but this area is also effected by where you are pointing your Cursor/Crosshair at the time.

you should cast is while standing away from the position you want it, like cast it from 30-40m away so it's concentrated, and don't waste it on 2-4 enemies, use it on a lot of them and a tip is to use it in small hallways, so it can catch everyone who passes throw them

and nice to see another Hydroid fan :) 

not gonna lie i was expecting something else when i clicked on this

Same here, I was scared but too curious. Turns out this is totally okay. To not derail too much: I agree with OP, a little more control and not so much weird placing would be helpful. (But since that stream with the announcement of the puddle this frame is kinda its own kind of trollframe for me, so it matches well with that as it is.)

Same here, I was scared but too curious. Turns out this is totally okay. To not derail too much: I agree with OP, a little more control and not so much weird placing would be helpful. (But since that stream with the announcement of the puddle this frame is kinda its own kind of trollframe for me, so it matches well with that as it is.)

Not even just the puddle, I find his ult highly impractical for teamwork use as enemies get thrown around by the attack. One such situation that comes to mind was doing an Excavation, we bumped the enemies up to the level 30-35 zone and decided to just kill on our own time or whatever. Frequently, whenever trying to take aim at an enemy or group of enemies, the Hydroid would toss out his Tentacle Swarm and all of the enemies coming thorugh would then be nigh impossible to hit (I don't use machine gun type weapons) as the Tentacles sporadically smashed them all over the place. The result was that literally none of the enemies died, and more had flooded in, making a manageable situation into something that required more (unnecessary) effort to clean up.

Hydroids tentacles both need love and give love in equal measure

/jokes aside

Perhaps something equivalent to Rhino

You cast tentacles

Tentacles now grapple enemies to the ground/ hold them down - perhaps suffocating them?

This would both keep the enemies in one place, allow for you to shoot/ to finishing moves on them and allow the tentacles to be use for high cc as well as damage rather then flailing

-Phyrak

Hydroids tentacles both need love and give love in equal measure

/jokes aside

Perhaps something equivalent to Rhino

You cast tentacles

Tentacles now grapple enemies to the ground/ hold them down - perhaps suffocating them?

This would both keep the enemies in one place, allow for you to shoot/ to finishing moves on them and allow the tentacles to be use for high cc as well as damage rather then flailing

-Phyrak

i sorta like this idea, but it kinda makes them less useful as it would only affect up to 12 enemys.. even though its not entirely reliable when trying to snag enemys walking past it does keep the cryopod very safe when there whipping around grabbing more enemys

i sorta like this idea, but it kinda makes them less useful as it would only affect up to 12 enemys.. even though its not entirely reliable when trying to snag enemys walking past it does keep the cryopod very safe when there whipping around grabbing more enemys

Perhaps have 'all targets in area' would make it better?