Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The People Who Use No Abilities

Cat_Jam

Also, I see you used your explanation to serve up an insult for 0 ability builds. No worries, I can play that game too.

Or you could say otherwise that 0 ability builds serves as an insult to the devs who designed those stuff for the players supposed to try out.

The abilities are the only thing that differentiates each warframe from each other.
Without it, your just playing a started shooter with melee.

It seems rather silly to not have any abilities since the entire reason we are inside these frames is because its what gives us our powers.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Or you could say otherwise that 0 ability builds serves as an insult to the devs who designed those stuff for the players supposed to try out.

The abilities are the only thing that differentiates each warframe from each other.

How is that an insult? If I buy a pre-built PC and choose not to play the free games (like solitaire) that it comes with, is that insulting the people who developed it and/or the person who decided to make it a free part of seemingly every pre-built PC with windows on it? No, it isn't. If I choose to buy a Galaxy Note, but also choose not to use touchwiz, I'm not insulting the people who designed touchwiz. It is the same thing. I am choosing to use the frame, but choosing not to use its abilities. I don't see why people get their undies in a bunch over this, but don't care when people choose not to slot attack precepts on their sentinels.

Not even close. If you truly believe that the only thing that differentiates the warframes from one another is their abilities it is YOU who are insulting the devs who went through all the trouble to design, model, animate, etc them.

No, without the abilities I'm playing Warframe but without abilities. I have never played another third-person shooter that had the same feel that Warframe has.

Well when no ability users claim they're invincible to infested, I'm guessing DE decided that the system needs to change. I personally have not used this build, but I'm very curious if it's true that the frame is near invincible if built this way.

I've wanted to try this build though, since the only weakness is the blindspot according to xDark, so it essentially turns the game fully into a third person shooter with your survival depending on your skill to dodge and to tactically avoid enemies.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/SnowWolf138/media/2014-10-14_00001_zpsd1bd03de.jpg.html

hey guys this is my custom melee build for excalibur prime, just wanted some opinions on it.

Details:

Can Solo T4E, T4C, invincible to infested, and almost invincible to the other 2 factions

weakness is the blind spot

don't use slow melee weapons like scindo with this

recommended melee weapon to use is Dragon Nikana

No ability precepts

Edited by ivlr3vil

Well when no ability users claim they're invincible to infested, I'm guessing DE decided that the system needs to change. I personally have not used this build, but I'm very curious if it's true that the frame is near invincible if built this way.

Making your frame invincible against infested isn't difficult and is actually easier when you just use your abilities. I have used almost that exact same build, it was fun. Unfortunately DE didn't care about those of us who found builds like that fun.

"I don't agree with you, you must be defiant"

No, that's not how it is. And even so, with your point at hand, every 'frame has different HP, shield, speed, energy and armour rating; it's not all down to the abilities they have. I understand where you're coming from but just keep in mind that other people have different play-styles to you- maybe they like the cover shooter style, it might make them feel more tactical about the mission at hand. Idk, just a few thoughts.

Anyway, back on track. U15 was released and I'm sticking with my point: the few of us who had 0 ability builds were left for dead to make way for a certain play-style. I'm all for it, it's buffed every warframe I have (with the exception of my Frost) but they could've went around it in a better way.

Summed up the Update and this thread into a TL;DR: The people who used all of their abilities had all of their builds buffed. The people who used little to no abilities were stomped on by the rest of the community.

Anyway, back on track. U15 was released and I'm sticking with my point: the few of us who had 0 ability builds were left for dead to make way for a certain play-style. I'm all for it, it's buffed every warframe I have (with the exception of my Frost) but they could've went around it in a better way.

Summed up the Update and this thread into a TL;DR: The people who used all of their abilities had all of their builds buffed. The people who used little to no abilities were stomped on by the rest of the community.

I completely agree. I've been trying to come up with a way to type out my feelings on U15 and how it has affected some of my builds and the playstyle associated with them... but every time I start typing I end up with a massive wall of text that is littered with negativity and profanity. I can't think of anything good to say about this aspect of U15 but I can think of TONS of bad things. That TL;DR works nicely though.

The problem here is the lack of synergy with frame roles and powers.

It's not "they're playing wrong" or whatever - ask yourself, what would bring a player to polarize all of their ability slots for other mods? Perhaps the abilities themselves should be reworked and improved so that people would *want* to play like that, rather than, say, building a Saryn using only Miasma (because the other 3 skills are nowhere near as useful).

RIP, I ussualy play loki with just inv, since it actually gives me more space for higher DPS.

he's ult, and relocate aren't really that usefull since he's got enough mobility so yeaaaaah

well.. using no disarm is kind of a waste of useful ability... The devs' point is to fully use the abilities  that were given.

I just had to say, because radial disarm is useful and switch teleport also is useful. You can't say it's not useful without your context, since you might not like using it. It's just a matter of wording here, you can't say they aren't really useful like that.But all of his skill set is one of the most useful utility in the game.

Someone might even be outraged by your statement, 'aren't really that useful.' Because it is a fact that those skills are useful when there could be 50 gunners shooting at you, and you can render all of them, without limitation of numbers, into a melee enemy.

Edited by GaiaNyix

well.. using no disarm is kind of a waste of useful ability... The devs' point is to fully use the abilities  that were given.

I just had to say, because radial disarm is useful and switch teleport also is useful. You can't say it's not useful without your context, since you might not like using it. It's just a matter of wording here, you can't say they aren't really useful like that.But all of his skill set is one of the most useful utility in the game.

Someone might even be outraged by your statement, 'aren't really that useful.' Because it is a fact that those skills are useful when there could be 50 gunners shooting at you, and you can render all of them, without limitation of numbers, into a melee enemy.

Both skills are one useful under certain conditions. Radial Disarm is only useful when you are fighting infested (this means it is usually useful), while switch teleport is so situational that it is almost never worth using. And the underlined is not a fact regarding switch teleport. Yes, Radial Disarm would be useful (assuming you don't have a maxed narrowminded equipped) but switch teleport isn't.

okay seeing as there's a huge deal about less efficiency with 0 ability users, im speculating on how a 0 ability build setup would work

universal essentials: vitality, redirection, maybe fast deflection

variable: steel fiber, handspring, shield flux, reflection, rush, quick rest, vigor, retribution, rage, enemy sense, fortitude, maglev, provoked, flow, quick thinking, shock absorbers, sure footed, undying will, and all elemental damage resistance mods

the variables depend on playstyle and frame used. the universals are must haves that go in every 0 ability build. theres a crap ton of variables, but that all depends on what you prefer. with 8 slots, 3 are taken by the universals, leaving 5. i could see steel fiber, rush, and quick rest being used, leaving 2 left. if it were me, i'd probably take quick thinking and sure footed. idk, i dont do 0 ability builds.

assuming that someone mains with 0 ability builds, said person must be quite skilled and smart about warframe. a person like that is likely geared with proper weaponry that suits his/her needs. this strikes the question, with the complete set up that you would have, and yes i do understand that this change isnt fair to 0 ability users. but still as the game is today, with the complete setup that you'd have for such a build, can you honestly say that you are limited by a HUGE margin without those two extra slots? does it cripple you? are your frames very inefficient without two ability slots? im asking not to prove a point. im asking because i honestly dont know if it is that big of a change that you cant use your builds anymore.

other than that, im all for equal opportunity, somewhat... the one way that DE could fix this issue that you apparently have is to come up with a system so that you can set your warframe to have less or no abilities at the price of a slot or two. i can imagine it requiring a forma to remove 2 abilities per extra slot...it seems equal opportunity. and just how you cant actively change the polarity type of a forma'd slot, you cant change the abilities to be undone and redone. that sounds fair, yeah?

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Thanks for posting that.

The absurdity of using no abilities is what makes your post invalid.  One major point of this game is the use of warframe abilities. 

Personally, I agree that it's WIERD and definitely not in the style of WarFrame to play without any abilities (or only 1 or 2).

But at the same time, I can get behind the idea of ALLOWING PLAYER CHOICE.

If you like powers, good on you. Use 'em. That's what they're there for.

If you don't want to, though, that should be fine too. It's neat that the game allows (or did allow anyway) you to unequip powers to max up your melee and gun prowess.

A lot of people here are bashing on those who want to play Call of Duty in WarFrame. A lot of people are against player choice.

I'm not saying the new update was bad. Hell, I love it. But whenever you bash a player for playing a game differently from you within the set rules of the game, you are WRONG.

Live and let live, Tenno. We stand united, or we do not stand.