Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are They Really Playing?

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

Question

15 answers to this question

Those are the solar landmarks.  Players that bought into the Grandmasters level of the founders program got their name tagged on Nodes.

This.

Edited by Guest

Thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Ever.

The Founder credits thing? Actually I know of quite a few games with founder or similar early-support programs that offer people's usernames to be included in the credits or something equivalent as an incentive for the highest levels of monetary support.

Probably because founders were only for pc so this should have stayed pc exclusive just like founder prime stuff.

You have a solid point actually. I think most people have come to the agreement that waving founders exclusives around in front the faces of PS4/Xbone players is ultimately poor taste, which is the reason why they aren't in the codex for example.  

You have a solid point actually. I think most people have come to the agreement that waving founders exclusives around in front the faces of PS4/Xbone players is ultimately poor taste, which is the reason why they aren't in the codex for example.  

That's an understandable point, but wouldn't that mean that "founder stars" should be removed from the forums, and that cross-platform play would require that Excalibur Primes and the likes would be automagically re-skinned when entering a mission with a PS4/Xbone player?

Those are the solar landmarks.  Players that bought into the Grandmasters level of the founders program got their name tagged on Nodes.  They have nothing to do with who is player there.

Wow. That seems a bit deceptive... doesn't it.

All this time, I thought DE was trying to imply those names were of people currently playing on the node.

Then I realized that something tricky was going on, because [size=3](although there might be 30 names in that list)[/size] you can never join a match.

Because there are, in fact, 0 players playing on the node -.-
Edited by Talaiar

Exactly. Nobody on ps4 cares who became a founder. it's just tricking people like him ^ and me and many others to think it's people who are actually on playing so when it's 4am and I want to play it makes it seem like i'll meet these people on this node but NOPE just flaunting their achivements. It's not even clearly marked so nobody knows why they're there too, kinda defeating the purpose if nobody knows who they are or what they're doing there.

Wow. That seems a bit deceptive... doesn't it.

All this time, I thought DE was trying to imply those names were of people currently playing on the node.

Then I realized that something tricky was going on, because (although there might be 30 names in that list) you can never join a match.

Because there are, in fact, 0 players playing on the node -.-

Exactly. Nobody on ps4 cares who became a founder. it's just tricking people like him ^ and me and many others to think it's people who are actually on playing so when it's 4am and I want to play it makes it seem like i'll meet these people on this node but NOPE just flaunting their achivements. It's not even clearly marked so nobody knows why they're there too, kinda defeating the purpose if nobody knows who they are or what they're doing there.

I think it's going a bit too far to imply that the developers do this to intentionally mislead players. I will agree that it's weird since there is absolutely no explanation in-game of what it means, and that it should be either clarified, or removed from the console version (though I'm pretty sure some founders will not like this).