Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back In My Day We Didn't Have Cards For Abilites...

Arlayn

I like the mod card system better than any skill tree I have seen except MAYBE Dragon Age: Inquisitor's. Not sure since that isn't out yet.

It is different.

I am waiting for that game also. My DAO and DA2 save games are ready.

I dont think that old skill tree was better than mod system, as you could make complete godmode out of any frame and clear whole maps with one use of ult.

It definitely wasn't. Like OP mentioned, we were totally broken.

I know it was hilarious. You literally just walked through the battlefield like who gives a dang... woopee you could have did alittle skip as you went it was so hilarious. I think our HP, Shield, and Armor was through the roof in the thousands. Bullets were like BBs against us. No bleed. No knock down. Just pure 100% God mode. The only thing to fear was J3 Golem's bad gas.

I am waiting for that game also. My DAO and DA2 save games are ready.

I dont think that old skill tree was better than mod system, as you could make complete godmode out of any frame and clear whole maps with one use of ult.

Have you gotten into the Keep? It's... interesting. Varric narrates.

The old system was broken. No question. I joined RIGHT after U7, so I only know the mod system but I talked to a bunch of people who had played the older version. To a player, they ALL preferred the new system. More of a challenge.

I know it was hilarious. You literally just walked through the battlefield like who gives a dang... woopee you could have did alittle skip as you went it was so hilarious. I think our HP, Shield, and Armor was through the roof in the thousands. Bullets were like BBs against us. No bleed. No knock down. Just pure 100% God mode. The only thing to fear was J3 Golem's bad gas.

bad gas OP

And that's not even mentioning how powerful our abilities were. I remember clearing 2-3 rooms at once with an Overload.

bad gas OP

And that's not even mentioning how powerful our abilities were. I remember clearing 2-3 rooms at once with an Overload.

I remember Ancient farts being OP also, back in the day. Oh, you killed that Fart Ancient?!!! Now you wont be able to stand no where near his body for 10 seconds.

Hue.

I remember Ancient farts being OP also, back in the day. Oh, you killed that Fart Ancient?!!! Now you wont be able to stand no where near his body for 10 seconds.

Hue.

Makes you wonder if this was the placeholder for how DE handled Overpowered players back in the day. Nothing else bothered us, or killed us. Until you met with poisonous gas, or Phorid's spikes head on. Infact infested bosses were the only dangerous thing back then. No matter how overpowered we were with the tree, or how unbalanced the mods were at start. It was always the infested that were VERY hard to deal with, and killed us... alot... Unless you were Rhino... till they nerfed iron skin.

Still the tree was unbalanced. The Mod system we have now is great though, and improves every day. I have a good feeling about removing abilities. I know we will flip out at first, but give it a few months... We will cry about something else later on.

Edited by Arlayn

If i have said it once i have said it a hundred times.

If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water he jumps out straight away

If you throw a frog into a pot of cold water and slowly bring it to the boil u have frog stew

Not sure what this means or how it relates to this thread, but I will remember this in case I ever need to boil a frog.

Man I wish I could have tryed the old system, I always wondered exactly what it looked like... The tech tree idea sounds fun, like you could really make your warframe feel unique (and OP apparently :P)

They should have an event where they temporarily bring this system back or something, would be fun :P

(I started in update 7 so I never got to see this mod system)

Back then you could stack a ton of the same mod for some hilarious effects.  This is one video that inspired me to try to get a ton of sprint speed boost mods to run super fast:

And no this isn't sped up, it's legit.

Lost it at the wall run in the asteroid boss room