Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Voices

Blackeshadow

It adds to uniqueness, but takes a lot from mysteriousness and all that fun stuff. Right now people may argue, that Tenno are either horribly mutated, or that they are one with Warframes and they cannot be taken off, or even that they are just beings of pure enrgy.

Giving us an editor would be "Ok, listen, the guys that said Tenno look exactly like human beings were right. No glowing strips, no scales, nothing like that. Get over it."

Have you seen any of the "unmasked" fanarts? How many different looks each frame has?

And - before you say it - no, making glowing strips or scales optional would not solve the problem. If the Tenno mutated to not have a normal skin, they all did that. If they developed some energy lines - they all did that.

Agreed.

Keep the Tenno silent.

Keep the Tenno hidden.

Keep what the Tenno are purely up to the player's discretion.

I feel this is the best possible answer. We were once human, now we are something a little bit more; that's all I need to know, that's all I want to know.

EDIT: For the REST of the galaxy, however, the history of the Old War, the Orokin, the rise of the Grineer and Corpus, TELL ME EVERYTHING!

Edited by Morec0

Sorry to poop on your parade, but the Tenno are mutated or otherwise altered humans. Not ghosts or spirits.

Confirmed during an earlier Devstream where Steve/someone said "...the Tenno are, or at least at one point were, human.."

Tenno=/=frames.

And we already knew that, it's been in the Codex for a loooong time now.

The Codex also mentions the frames were created to "contain" the Tenno.

And I quote : "We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction."

So yeah, you're confusing Tenno and frame. They are 2 SEPARATE things. This Codex entry could very well mean that the frames were created to harness the new powers the Tenno gained when they came back "twisted" from the Void. Keyword : TWISTED. Also Vor states that Tenno are the frames' "energy source". All this could (keyword too, COULD, I'm not saying it's a fact) very well mean they are actually deprived of a true physical form to sustain them.^^

And what the Great Steve said doesn't disprove this theory in any way. They used to be human, but not anymore.

Edited by Marthrym

That is easily explained away too:

The Warframes allow the Tenno to control and focus their otherwise chaotic and uncontrollable powers. Ember nearly melted the head of a female Orokin in Ember Prime's Codex entry: the Warframes are suits containing X-Men style "mutants" who are, if you want to believe the lore as opposed to gameplay mechanics, unique induviduals.

That is easily explained away too:

The Warframes allow the Tenno to control and focus their otherwise chaotic and uncontrollable powers. Ember nearly melted the head of a female Orokin in Ember Prime's Codex entry: the Warframes are suits containing X-Men style "mutants" who are, if you want to believe the lore as opposed to gameplay mechanics, unique induviduals.

Are you refusing to see my point on purpose?^^'

I emitted a theory. You said "No that's not true", without ANYTHING to support your argument. You dismissed my theory simply because yours is different. Not to mention I clearly stated it was JUST a theory and I was probably wrong.

I also clearly explained that the frames were CATALYSTS for the Tenno's powers, they CHANNEL them, MOLD them into specific abilities. Which is actually quite similar to your post I just quote above, with the "mutants" and their "armors".

The Tenno ARE unique individuals (they're each and everyone of US after all), I (again...) clearly state that. The frames on the contrary, are not unique, they're copies that every Tenno can build and use. This fits perfectly BOTH the lore and the gameplay elements! It explains why there are so many similar frames, while each Tenno is unique. Seriously, is it that hard to understand? Is it really me who wasn't clear enough?^^'

Maybe the frames were unique at some point, they were built for SPECIFIC Tenno. But since this lost Orokin tech, we can't repeat the process, and are forced to copy existing frames.

Edited by Marthrym

Instead of voices I'd take a sort of character creator where you simply create a face for each of your warframes. It keeps in line with how DE wants the tenno out own people and not predefined characters. Something simple like what Destiny has. It adds to the uniqueness of our characters.

.....no. That's a horrible idea.

Are you refusing to see my point on purpose?^^'

I emitted a theory. You said "No that's not true", without ANYTHING to support your argument. You dismissed my theory simply because yours is different. Not to mention I clearly stated it was JUST a theory and I was probably wrong.

I also clearly explained that the frames were CATALYSTS for the Tenno's powers, they CHANNEL them, MOLD them into specific abilities. Which is actually quite similar to your post I just quote above, with the "mutants" and their "armors".

The Tenno ARE unique individuals (they're each and everyone of US after all), I (again...) clearly state that. The frames on the contrary, are not unique, they're copies that every Tenno can build and use. This fits perfectly BOTH the lore and the gameplay elements! It explains why there are so many similar frames, while each Tenno is unique. Seriously, is it that hard to understand? Is it really me who wasn't clear enough?^^'

Maybe the frames were unique at some point, they were built for SPECIFIC Tenno. But since this lost Orokin tech, we can't repeat the process, and are forced to copy existing frames.

It does not fit the lore, no. Nor gameplay.

How does the individual inside of Rhino squeeze into Nekros? How does sqhlee change genders?

Lore-wise the Tenno AND Warframes are unique, much like the Champions in League of Legends. There is not "Ember the Tenno" and "Ember the Warframe". They are the same.

Edited by Brimir

It does not fit the lore, no. Nor gameplay.

How does the individual inside of Rhino squeeze into Nekros? How does sqhlee change genders?

Lore-wise the Tenno AND Warframes are unique, much like the Champions in League of Legends. There is not "Ember the Tenno" and "Ember the Warframe". They are the same.

You just confirmed that you don't understand my point/theory, thank you.

Moving on...

EDIT : Just for the sake of my sanity I'll try one last time : the size of the Tenno is IRRELEVANT, they're beings of ENERGY, they DO NOT have a sustainable physical body of theirs. Or if they do have a body, it is AMORPHOUS. So the size of the frame DOES NOT MATTER. ANY Tenno can fit into ANY frame. Do you understand me now? That's how I see it. This alleviates BOTH "uniqueness" and "size" issues.

And once more, this just MY PERSONAL THEORY, trying to prove me wrong is both pointless and stupid, since this is ONLY theoretical. Just saying...

Edited by Marthrym

Probably because your theory doesn't make any coherent sense: the Tenno are not "ghosts" but flesh and blood humans, or superhumans. X-Men mutants. That's a ridiculous way to explain the gameplay/lore discrepancies. Every single Codex entry refers to them as if they were in the flesh; there is no support whatsoever to your "the Tenno are ghosts" theory other than the insane ramblings of Captain Vor - who is a Grineer, a faction as a whole who have no idea how the Warframes work to begin with!

Moving on....

EDIT: If you didn't want your theory dissected/discussed then you shouldn't have posted it on an OPEN FORUM. Your theory has obvious glaring flaws, and you saying "It is just, like, my opinion man...." doesn't defend it in any way.

But I will drop the matter - mostly because its way off-topic from the original discussion.

Edited by Brimir

Probably because your theory doesn't make any coherent sense: the Tenno are not "ghosts" but flesh and blood humans, or superhumans. X-Men mutants. That's a ridiculous way to explain the gameplay/lore discrepancies. Every single Codex entry refers to them as if they were in the flesh; there is no support whatsoever to your "the Tenno are ghosts" theory other than the insane ramblings of Captain Vor - who is a Grineer, a faction as a whole who have no idea how the Warframes work to begin with!

Moving on....

EDIT: If you didn't want your theory dissected/discussed then you shouldn't have posted it on an OPEN FORUM. Your theory has obvious glaring flaws, and you saying "It is just, like, my opinion man...." doesn't defend it in any way.

But I will drop the matter - mostly because its way off-topic from the original discussion.

Okay.

First : My theory actually does make sense. I have NEVER stated that the Tenno were "ghosts", you invented that one yourself and got stuck (almost anally so...) on it, all by yourself. As for your X-Men rehash... X-Men? Really? Much imagination, such WAOW! LAWL

Second : There is not a SINGLE SOLITARY Codex entry that CLEARLY states : Tenno are still perfectly human shaped beings, with an unaltered physical form. Considering what the Technocyte does to everything it touches, it would be surprising that the affected Tenno that managed to come back from the Void look perfectly human and whole. Again, LAWL.

Captain Vor has been studying the Tenno for what seems a very long time according to the game. He's fixated on them, so much so that he wasn't all that happy when the Queens told him to back off. He probably knows more about the Tenno than what they currently remember from their own past. So I'll just LAWL for the third time at your lack of arguments and logic.

Finally, you didn't "dissect/discuss" ANYTHING. You merely said "you're wrong, I'm right", and left it there. The only thing that your "theory" (I mean seriously? X-Men?^^') remotely had in common with mine was that the frame shape the Tenno's powers, nothing else.

But you're right one one thing, this is indeed way off-topic. Thank you for your understanding (...or lack thereof...)