Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Confusion Realized

KaptainK3nny

Question

18 answers to this question

And immediately, I'm confused.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Do you mean the Tenno council?

EDIT 2: Nvm I just saw your moved thread. According to lore, the Tenno council deemed nova should come into existence. But before that, the Designers had to design, of course.

Edited by Snydrex

I've always figured that, even if the Tenno Council designing Nova was canon, it could have been a Tenno Council that lived during the Orokin War that designed her. That would mean she was one of the few Warframes that didn't start out as a Prime, but that wouldn't have stopped the Orokin from taking the designing and replicating it in their own Prime fashion - "Prime", after all, doesn't mean "first", it means at its best.

EDIT: Or, it at least can. I'm too lazy to consult a dictionary to be certain.

Edited by Morec0

I've always figured that, even if the Tenno Council designing Nova was canon, it could have been a Tenno Council that lived during the Orokin War that designed her. That would mean she was one of the few Warframes that didn't start out as a Prime, but that wouldn't have stopped the Orokin from taking the designing and replicating it in their own Prime fashion - "Prime", after all, doesn't mean "first", it means at its best.

Optimus Prime means best first technically.

So Prime is first in this case.

So... because a character in the transformers universe uses Prime as "first" instead of "at their best" it also means that in the Warframe universe it does so too?

I think I'm missing a vital step, here.

My opinion on Nova lore is that she was the result of Tenno experimentation with their own powers.

Nova is really just a Mag who drops massive electromagnetic power in favour of fine control, and an antimatter generator

The Tenno council greenlit and supervised this research, which was a huge success, resulting in a new class of Warframe.

This would still open up Nova for (m) Priming

Why woul dthe Orokin have to take the designs and make their own replica?  The Tenno were a part of the Orokin Empire and the Tenno Council might have just been like a war council within the empire.  They may have designed her but that doesn't mean they didn't design her using Orokin tech and resources.  The Nova we have now could be a cheap attempt at a replica of the Tenno Council's Nova Prime design that we can't currently make.

So... because a character in the transformers universe uses Prime as "first" instead of "at their best" it also means that in the Warframe universe it does so too?

Not just Transformers.  Prime means first as in primary and optimum/optimal is best.  In english prime can mean best too though.

the primes were first, and the standard Warframes are the Tenno reproduction of the Primes, apart from Nova of course. that's why Valker comes with all the Corpus attachments, that frame was replicated after her abduction.

at some point the Tenno overthrew the Orokin, but we're not sure if the Tenno Council was set up before or after this. it would make sense that the Orokin would stand back after their creation and the Tenno would govern themselves.

Why woul dthe Orokin have to take the designs and make their own replica?  The Tenno were a part of the Orokin Empire and the Tenno Council might have just been like a war council within the empire.  They may have designed her but that doesn't mean they didn't design her using Orokin tech and resources.  The Nova we have now could be a cheap attempt at a replica of the Tenno Council's Nova Prime design that we can't currently make.

Not just Transformers.  Prime means first as in primary and optimum/optimal is best.  In english prime can mean best too though.

The fact that they are specifically called the "Tenno" Council when the Tenno were apparently something that wasn't a part of the greater System until they were unleashed against the Sentients - see Mag's lore - suggests to me they weren't a part of any ruling body for the greater Orokin Empire. As for the "why" - possibly vanity, possibly, more likely because their technology WAS superior and didn't want to leave their survival PURELY in the hands of the Tenno and so upgraded the original Nova design to the Prime of its existence.

The Tenno Council designing a Nova Prime - while going against my theory on why non-Primes exist (them being a creation stemming from the Tenno development of their own culture) - also makes a lot of sense, though.

Not buying that Prime HAS to mean first in the context is has JUST yet, though. I'm a bit stubborn like that.

The Tenno Council designing a Nova Prime - while going against my theory on why non-Primes exist (them being a creation stemming from the Tenno development of their own culture) - also makes a lot of sense, though.

I always thought non-Primes existed through necessity.  Tenno lost access to the old designs, materials and resources so had to reverse engineer everything but much like a counterfeit Rolex watch, it just isn't quite right.  Once we discover ways back onto Orokin ships in the Void (through Void Keys) we can literally recover the blueprints and materials that were missing and stop using cheap knock-offs.

You know, there is such a thing as a single word having multiple meanings and usage.  Why don't you just go use a dictionary?

You know, there is such a thing as a single word having multiple meanings and usage.  Why don't you just go use a dictionary?

Optimus still means best in Latin. And Prime is first and/or excellent.

So what now?

Edited by RoboDoge

I always thought non-Primes existed through necessity.  Tenno lost access to the old designs, materials and resources so had to reverse engineer everything but much like a counterfeit Rolex watch, it just isn't quite right.  Once we discover ways back onto Orokin ships in the Void (through Void Keys) we can literally recover the blueprints and materials that were missing and stop using cheap knock-offs.

It kinda combine the two in my head: yes, we lost access to ample materials that were provided by the Orokin (or maybe they stopped providing them because, while the numbers of the Tenno were still increasing, the war was sufficiently "in the bag" that they didn't see the need to make more warriors?), but we also began to build our own culture as the war progressed and that culture led to us creating our own designs for Warframes that met the requirements for the harnessing of our powers into certain forms (the focus/glass Vor talks about them being) but because they WEREN'T using the superior Orokin materials and layouts they were somewhat weaker (not in the "Prime" of their existence).

No, you misunderstand: I GET that. I get that Prime can mean FIRST and it can mean AT IT'S BEST. What I'm arguing is that it doesn't, in my mind in regards to this theory, mean both similtainiously

Optimus still means best in Latin. And Prime is first and/or excellent.

So what now?

Humorously: What the heck do you want?  A gold star?

Seriously: Optimus means that in Latin?  Never knew that.  My only exposure to that word is from transformers and I never found the need to research it.  However I suspect that this is were the word optimal or optimum comes from in English.

No, you misunderstand: I GET that. I get that Prime can mean FIRST and it can mean AT IT'S BEST. What I'm arguing is that it doesn't, in my mind in regards to this theory, mean both similtainiously

My point was that instead of arguing over the meaning of these words and ignoring the fact that everyone is/was correct in those definitions, continue the conversation in what this thread is about.  Yes, I agree with you.

You shall find informations here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/164048-design-council-monthly-invitations/

and here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Founders

Extract of useful data:

"Design Council [... membership...] includes the ability to view design council forums (hidden to other players) and vote on designs, features, and names in the game. The staff is significantly more involved in the design council forums. Many announcements about the game are released there before announced to the free community. This feature is now given to a selected 25 players a month, as well as Master and Grandmaster founders. In order to gain access to the Design Council you must be an active contributor to the forums."

Thread Slash Dashed from General Discussion.