Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On Fighting Alad V?

Grandarex

Question

I sort of understand his mechanics - Bring down Alad's shield --> Kill Zanuka --> Finish off Alad.

The trouble is executing it.

I play primarily as Rhino, and when they rip my iron skin off of me, I can't do much but to die. 

I don't have any trouble damage-wise though. Completely maxed out Boltor Prime and Brakk. So the only trouble I have is surviving the fight and killing them efficiently. 

Any tips, tricks, or advices?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLVED!

Turns out, boss scales with your conclave level! 

All this time, I faced him with all my gears on (conclave 1900+) and was surprised how tanky and difficult he was.

I tried it with less equipments (conclave 950-ish), and he didnt even have a chance to attack. 

Thank you Krumplifej! 

Edited by Grandarex

14 answers to this question

the higher conclave rating you have, the harder the bosses will be. so i recommend lowering your conclave rating if you have problems. a maxed marelok isn't needed, if you don't even pull that out during the fight, etc.

if you have crimson dervish, equip your dakra prime, and nothing else (not even a sentinel). Equip a codex scanner at the start of the mission, so you can copter better, and before you arrive to the boss fight tile, switch back to your sword to get the damage multiplier.

go in, 1hit the ~lvl10-20 alad V, and after that, 1 hit zanuka too.

i'm using volt most of the time when doing this. not only speeds up the boring part, when you just rush through the enemies, but the speed also helps with the slow attack speed of the crimson dervish stance. And you can protect yourself from those attack drones that spawn during the boss battle with your shields

Beat the tar out of Salad until his shield drops and go toe-to-toe with Zanoob, don't forget your stasis stomp.

Edit: Alternatively, down Salad completely, then watch as Zanoob runs to him, stasis-stomp Zanoob before it reaches Salad and then seal the deal.

Best ways I can think of to win with Rhino. Mine spends about 99.99% of his existence gathering dust in the arsenal... so this may, or may not work. :/

Edited by Vorsches

Use your Rhino Stomp to CC Zanuka and Alad. Within those 8 seconds down Alad and then immediately down Zanuka. It's usually a 10 second, max, fight, and definitely eases the burden of neural sensor farming.

I tried that. They float in stasis for about ... 4 seconds? before they recover and start ripping me apart.

Is Rhino Stomp's stasis affected by Duration mods? The Wiki page states that it doesn't but... I don't know.

I found it easiest to take out all the basice enemies first (drones etc.) then beat down sAlad V, then damage zanuka while its reviving sAlad V. Everytime you down sAlad V zanuka runs to revive him getting it stuck in a loop. Once zanuka dies, sAlad V dies easy. Easy win. Whatever you do, dont try to take on Zanuka first. Unless you're well equipped you're gonna have a bad time. Also try not to bring more than one low level ally, because having to revive them while fighting is a pain.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I usually solo them with loki when I farm neural sensors. Im using paris a 4 forma'd paris prime. Basically, before you start the animation to make them spawn, you should go invisible then trigger it so you will not be detected. Then hit alad to deplete his shield and then start hitting zanuka. One casting time with invisibility should be enough to take both of them out.

Mag is also good solo with her shield polarize.

These two frames are my salad farmers.

the higher conclave rating you have, the harder the bosses will be. so i recommend lowering your conclave rating if you have problems. a maxed marelok isn't needed, if you don't even pull that out during the fight, etc.

if you have crimson dervish, equip your dakra prime, and nothing else (not even a sentinel). Equip a codex scanner at the start of the mission, so you can copter better, and before you arrive to the boss fight tile, switch back to your sword to get the damage multiplier.

go in, 1hit the ~lvl10-20 alad V, and after that, 1 hit zanuka too.

i'm using volt most of the time when doing this. not only speeds up the boring part, when you just rush through the enemies, but the speed also helps with the slow attack speed of the crimson dervish stance. And you can protect yourself from those attack drones that spawn during the boss battle with your shields

Thank you! I totally had no idea the boss scaled with our conclave level. I just tried it with less equipments and they just melted in front of me. 

+1000!