Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepy Nekros Drawing - Ink {Happy (Early) Halloween!}

saltshaker42

I made a chibi doeberon picture before this to see if anyone would like my style, but I only got 2 replies. One said "yay this is good!" the other said "you need drawing lessons." However, I did get a few views without replies, and I'm counting all of those as negative criticism. So, I guess nobody liked my style.

I figured this community likes ink drawings more than pencil shaded drawings - so despite my inexperience with this form of shading, I went with it anyway. This is my first time using ink on ANY of my drawings, so please don't hate me if I wasted your time with an ugly picture. I apologize, senpai!

I enjoy warframe, and I enjoy drawing. I've been drawing for half my life now, and I've gotten pretty good at it - at least I hope. I've drawn a few warframe themed things like helmet-less Loki, and Excalibur, as well as an unfinished Storm Volt. It was looking pretty good, but I quit abruptly for whatever reason. Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't. I'm honestly about to give up on drawing if nobody likes me. That's not on you though, don't feel bad about not liking my drawings. I just like drawing and finally built up the courage to share it.

Without further ado...

SVQqJhe.jpg?1

Go easy on me, please.

Nice! I'm a fan of the background pattern, and I love the touch of color for his eyes.

I think the cloak could use a bit more definition, with folds and borders darkened especially, and continue off page as opposed to furling within the borders. That way it would seem longer and more cloaky.

Nice! I'm a fan of the background pattern, and I love the touch of color for his eyes.

I think the cloak could use a bit more definition, with folds and borders darkened especially, and continue off page as opposed to furling within the borders. That way it would seem longer and more cloaky.

It actually is expanded past the boarders :{

Thank you for the comments, and criticism! I'll give definition to the next piece of clothing I draw. It was kind of intentionally not very detailed, because I wanted to give the sense that it's really shaded without having to make it stupid dark and waste ink. Sorry, I'll make it better next time - if there'll be a next time.

It actually is expanded past the boarders :{

Thank you for the comments, and criticism! I'll give definition to the next piece of clothing I draw. It was kind of intentionally not very detailed, because I wanted to give the sense that it's really shaded without having to make it stupid dark and waste ink. Sorry, I'll make it better next time - if there'll be a next time.

What I meant by extend past, is that with the furls you have currently, it seems as if the cloak ends very shortly off "screen." If the cloak had existed purely outside of the frame, it might give the appearance of being taller or more imposing (at least I think).