Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Update? No? Ok..

KirschRing

it's not that i dont like the current system
i just wanted to know if it would make more sense to CLAIM AND GO ON 

in stead of claim and exit

it wouldnt be a big change but why would we be rewarded to stop defending?

i know yea well done ty for defending here s your cookie
but i think it would make way more sense if we get the chance of a rare mod for every 5 waves we go on

Some day... Some day.

But then they will have to change the Survival, they HAVE to be different somehow. 

Anyways, defense sucks, I have no idea why people constatly do it in Dark Sectors. 

5 waves take 5 minutes, sometimes even with fast Nova, so its the same, but less spawn enemys and with something to "protect". Not worth it, never.

Edited by C9_Tholar

in defense missions you can be sure that noone runs away and kills things where you dont get exp

or they just go and block spawnareas because you cant keep everyone together to max the spawnrate

if they go away in defense its their fault

i wouldnt know a def map that s big enough that you dont get exp when someone kills sth somewhere

well exept for the sechura thingy

but that s not of profit for them so yea

Anyways, defense sucks, I have no idea why people constatly do it in Dark Sectors. 

Low risk is the answer. Dark Sectors give extra XP and are vs Infested who are easy to exploit. Depending on the map of course, one can take low level stuff in sit up somewhere high with a powerful weapon have more or less afk leveling.  

Low risk is the answer. Dark Sectors give extra XP and are vs Infested who are easy to exploit. Depending on the map of course, one can take low level stuff in sit up somewhere high with a powerful weapon have more or less afk leveling.  

Not to mention that defense will guarantee that the mobs will rush the defensive point whereas survival can be a bit scattered in terms of location and rate of spawns. 

Defense should be different from Survival...but I think a loot "penalty" is not the way.

Going for 1 hour and getting 1 piece in Def vs 12 in Survival is mildly unfair.

To keep it different they should have a different loot reward system in defense alltogether. Let's say for every 3 passes (1pass = 5 rounds) you stay you get an additional loot slot.

So at 15 you would get 2 rewards, of which 1 is a guaranteed void key.

At 30 you get 3 rewards.

At 45 you get 4 and so on. (if you make it that far.)

Those reward slots are shuffled every time. So you would still be going out with less...but get MORE CHANCES TO GET THE LOOT YOU WANT.

But basically...starting from 15 waves you will get 2 randomized rewards, while at the "key timers" one of the rewards is always one of the possible void keys.

So it's like that:

05min: 1x Loot

10min: 1xLoot

15min: 2xLoot of which 1= Void key

20min: 2xLoot

25min: 2xLoot

30min: 3xLoot

35min: 3xLoot of which 1= Void key

In the void that would mean that if you last long enough to get loot out of the cycle you need...you could go home with 3 items out of 1 cycle.

Edited by Shehriazad

How about for defense, you have item slots, and you get one item slot every 20 minutes.  This way you can keep on playing, but still have a reason to keep on playing.  Failing forfeits everything.  This way you still have a risk/reward, and players that would want different items would be able to continue and play together, instead of just leaving with something with just they want and leave the rest of the group hanging.

Example

Player 1:

5 -  takes reward 

10 - continues

15 - continues

20 - takes reward 2

25 - ignores reward and leaves with 5 & 20 min reward

player 2

5 - takes reward

10 - takes reward, replacing 5 min reward

15 - continues

20 - takes reward #2