Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Not Give Warframes 9+1 Mod Slots?

BrazilianJoe

Sooo yeah WHY?

I understand that there may be an intention to align with the '8 mod slot' mantra of weapons, but currently Warframes have 11 mod slots - 10 + 1 aura. 

I initially didn't really care THAT much about all the people complaining about their ability + 9 mods builds, and mostly dismissed it. But I've thought about it given the amount of chatter in the forums, and I actually sympathize that Warframes could have a little more of wiggle room. 

The interface already has 11 slots, with the aura being the strange outlier at the top. Why not move the Aura slot to the left and keep the physical positions of all 10 mod slots in the interface? 

I don't really see that one extra slot as being anything disruptive to balance. 

Aura and stance mods are put away from other slots so they behave differently. The update is fine, we've adjusted from more drastic changes before.

This forces me to stab myself in the knee then just keep on walking as if nothing happened, I do not like this one bit, most of my builds are so min-maxed that the only defence mod I can use is Vigor. And nerfing my Vauban to 200 shields and 300 HP isn't something I'd like, especially that even now with Vigor if a runner explodes near me I lose almost all shields and if that 8 sec toxic proc procs from one of those Venomous ancients I die from full HP, I don't even want to know how it will end when I'm forced to remove Vigor.

I agree. My obly consern is the forma I installed on the ability slot. It would suck to have to reforma my warframes. I don't have that time anymore. Removing 1 mod slot seems like a nice solution.

Remember that powers use points?

You will have more points to spend in general. Less forma needed in total.

edit: They already stated that the changed/removed power polarity slots will be moved to unassigned slots.

You will only be affected if you have forma'd more than 2 powers and every other slot was polarized.

In that case... you will be refunded those forma.

Edited by fractal_magnets

as someone who uses all four abilities, or at least tries to, and has never forma'd a frame, I find that the technical buff that I'm getting is perfect, I could do a hell of a lot with 9+1 slots, I think 8+1 would be more balanced. also, using an uneven number of mod slots would kill my OCD, aura must be separate and lines must be even... 

they could still leave the aura slot on top and then the mods for the frame in 3 * 3 box below, then also other mods can go back to the vertical display like it was in the old UI.

Much better with new mods that have a much smaller heigh, so more fit on the screen.

using an uneven number of mod slots would kill my OCD, aura must be separate and lines must be even... 

This,  I don't care if we have 2 mod slots.  As long as the Aura is separate and the lines are even.  lol!  (not even kidding)  -- well I do care if we just had 2 mod slots, but the point is... My ADD has ADHD which has OCD so it would literally "kill" me.

so we loose a slot? i dont see what is wrong with 10+1. tho i dont use 3 of the 4 abilities on my tank (heavy defence) but i like haveing what i got. so make things abit harder with less mod slots?

They should keep the 10 slots on Prime Warframes. This way they will be actual PRIME WARFRAMES

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/326955-removed-slots-for-prime-warframes-on-u15/

or maybe add 2 more mod slots? maybe?

This forces me to stab myself in the knee then just keep on walking as if nothing happened, I do not like this one bit, most of my builds are so min-maxed that the only defence mod I can use is Vigor. And nerfing my Vauban to 200 shields and 300 HP isn't something I'd like, especially that even now with Vigor if a runner explodes near me I lose almost all shields and if that 8 sec toxic proc procs from one of those Venomous ancients I die from full HP, I don't even want to know how it will end when I'm forced to remove Vigor.

Then...don't remove Vigor? Remove something else and learn to adapt?

Sorry, but not every single person in Warframe min/maxes like that. And even less players use one-trick pony playstyles. This update not only fixes a lot of old issues, it also buffs the vast majority of players, from new to veteran.

I actually suggested this in DERebecca's announcement thread.  I feel it is a good compromise since there're a lot of 1-ability modders out there.

Another suggestion is for players to buy the 9th slot with platinum or introduce something like an orokin reactor (maybe call it orokin modulator), which when installed, gives you the 9th slot.

Then...don't remove Vigor? Remove something else and learn to adapt?

Sorry, but not every single person in Warframe min/maxes like that. And even less players use one-trick pony playstyles. This update not only fixes a lot of old issues, it also buffs the vast majority of players, from new to veteran.

"buffs"

This,  I don't care if we have 2 mod slots.  As long as the Aura is separate and the lines are even.  lol!  (not even kidding)  -- well I do care if we just had 2 mod slots, but the point is... My ADD has ADHD which has OCD so it would literally "kill" me.

But what about those which are ADD has ADHD has OCD has Masochistic tendencis and want to punish themselves? You are killing them. 

This update will buff my builds as i will get 2 mod slots on every frame.

This update will nerf my builds (on 3 warframes) as I will lose 1 mod slot on them, and it will not effect most frames that I use 2 abilities on, and It will buff Loki and Zephyr which I use 3 abilities on with 1 extra mod slot...also I doubt that you'd hate having 4 more mod slots instead of 2.

Oh noooo, the meta on a beta game is changiiiiing. Woe is meeeeeeeeeeee. I must summon my most profound dramatic imagery to truly express how terrible this is. :(

I'm pretty sure Mods 2.0 started with 8 mod slots. Nobody even considered that.

Unless you use 1 or none of the abilities you lose nothing and gain a lot. If you really want to keep that 'Maximized' build you might as well adapt or quit. Not that there's many who use those builds (compared to those who don't).

No ability builds? So you just kinda threw out the main thing that made each warframe unique sans their appearance and stats? Really?

"You're different because you have opinions? OPINIONS, WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?!?!?!"

That's you, that's what you sound like. /GLaDOS

In all seriousness though, if I like how a warframe looks and acts but hate its abilities then I simply wont use them.