Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Eliminate Formas On Abilities, Just Replace Them Please.

Majin_G

Hours of grinding on different frames just to have it mean nothing is a low blow. Instead of being "rewarded" a forma for hours of work just replace it on a different empty slot. It would make perfect sense. Not everyone has a grind fetish.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah61/orthos333/2014-10-20_00005_zpsdf9761ba.jpg

Or give us an insta forma like the legendary cores.

Edited by Majin_G

DE needs to balance things.

Legendary formas are uneeded you will get the forma you lose back.

/thread

I DO find it a little underwhelming of a compensation, considerring I will be losing 90+ ranks I've already grinded.  And that is only including my 2 most used warframes.

The vast majority of players benefit from this decision, honestly...

I'm kinda glad they did this, cause most everyone will get additional mod slots out of it.

(Isn't this what everyone always wanted?)

My god is it so hard for people to see what I'm trying to propose. I never said not to go with what they're doing. I'm only saying that for those that put a forma on an ability slot to have it replaced on the new update on a different open slot or recieve a different forma.

Edited by Majin_G

DE needs to balance things.

Legendary formas are uneeded you will get the forma you lose back.

/thread

Do you know how forma work?  They unrank the thing you use them on.

So the user will get a forma back, but they will not get their 30 ranks (per forma) back, including affinity boosters and such they may have bought to speed up the process.

So the user will get a forma back, but they will not get their 30 ranks (per forma) back, including affinity boosters and such they may have bought to speed up the process.

Yes!

I really dont think thats the case,i mean it would be clearly idiotic if that ever happens.

I think they meant they will give your forma slots back at devstream.

IF that is not the case,the people that are defending just forma return should definitely get mental help from somewhere.

Edited by unnamedlord

You DO get a fully built forma (or two), back when the update ships. 

Pay attention.

Nobody mentioned the forma being built versus in BP form, it's of course assumed that the refund forma are already in the built form.

But that does nothing to solve the ranking issue.  Even after the forma is built, a piece of gear must be rank 30 before you can use a forma on it.  And using a forma on it resets the gear to unranked.  So if you want to use another forma on it, you have to rank it back up to 30 (from 0) and let the forma unrank it again.

So it's 30 ranks of leveling per forma.  Forma already built does not change that.

I really dont think thats the case,i mean it would be clearly idiotic if that ever happens.

I think they meant they will give your forma slots back at devstream.

IF that is not the case,the people that are defending just forma return should definitely get mental help from somewhere.

There are currently no ways to bypass the rank 30 requirement or the deranking when using a forma.

DE only mentioned normal forma refunds, nothing else.

That's the concern here.

Nobody mentioned the forma being built versus in BP form, it's of course assumed that the refund forma are already in the built form.

But that does nothing to solve the ranking issue.  Even after the forma is built, a piece of gear must be rank 30 before you can use a forma on it.  And using a forma on it resets the gear to unranked.  So if you want to use another forma on it, you have to rank it back up to 30 (from 0) and let the forma unrank it again.

So it's 30 ranks of leveling per forma.  Forma already built does not change that.

There are currently no ways to bypass the rank 30 requirement or the deranking when using a forma.

DE only mentioned normal forma refunds, nothing else.

That's the concern here.

Well i do hope DE wont make such a bad decision.Taking the easy way out and making peoples time go to waste.

I am prety sure they will come up with something.

Anyone saying that they would prefer the refunded forma will need to be fully reapplied, with a rerank, must either have a lot of time or not use many formas >.>

People don't seem to grasp that the slots removed will prioritise ones with ability icons and blanks. At most, you'd be losing 60 ranks per frame, and even then, it would only be for those who've polarised the same frame more than eight times. Said people are a tiny minority of min-maxers, who DE should not balance the game around anyway.

People don't seem to grasp that the slots removed will prioritise ones with ability icons and blanks. At most, you'd be losing 60 ranks per frame, and even then, it would only be for those who've polarised the same frame more than eight times. Said people are a tiny minority of min-maxers, who DE should not balance the game around anyway.

People have suggested this, but did DE confirm that this would be the system?

Also bear in mind the fact that now we have fewer slots less forma are needed, so actually if you have more than a couple of forma that are staying those forma are wasted and it would actually be better if they were removed and refunded.

Oh.

Oh...

Oh jeez...

I now understand both sides of this argument. (Neutral party here btw)

+1 for well crafted explanation

Ya know, I had this thing typed out. But then I just thought "why bother, nothing I say will change anyone's minds ".

So here is the short version instead.

My stance: Getting forma refunded seems fair enough (all things considered). I'm not bummed I'm gonna lose one slot, it's that and I don't consider my time wasted. And even if I did, that's on me. I don't gamble and then blame the slot machine, not to any extend some like to at any rate.

People seem to be confused and are spreading some misinformation about what at this time is known about what exactly will be happening slot/polarity wise. So highly urge people to visit the available resources before posting. The "damage" isn't as severe as some say. And no I'm not gonna spell it out, if you really cared about the subject you would make sure you know the inns and outs.

P.S. WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEhhhhh 

Edit? add "polarity" for clarity

Edited by Lynxh