Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Eliminate Formas On Abilities, Just Replace Them Please.

Majin_G

Hours of grinding on different frames just to have it mean nothing is a low blow. Instead of being "rewarded" a forma for hours of work just replace it on a different empty slot. It would make perfect sense. Not everyone has a grind fetish.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah61/orthos333/2014-10-20_00005_zpsdf9761ba.jpg

Or give us an insta forma like the legendary cores.

You can just click, Actions, Reorder at the bottom and do that yourself, then you will lose nothing when they changes happen as you've already moved the forma to the blank slots you highlighted.  No need to re-forma and re-level.

How about you stop complaining about getting free things and move along. :D

I mean Legendary formas aren't worth the time or effort on the DE's part, they are just ways for them to throw away money they could had gained from Forma and Affinity booster purchases.

If they are tradeable the DE can atleast make a profit off people buying plat to get one from another player. Though that wouldn't give them more profit then the money they would lose.

So please, stop complaining about getting free stuff and move along. ^.^

IT'S NOT A FREE FORMA

IT'S THE SAME DAMN FORMA THAT I ALREADY PAID THEM FOR!

A FREE FORMA WOULD BE A FORMA THAT THEY GAVE ME AFTER THEY LET ME KEEP THE POLARITIES THAT I ALREADY HAD!

THIS IS THEM ROLLING BACK ALL OF MY TIME SPENT SO FAR, BACK TO WHEN I FIRST PAID FOR THE FORMA!

COMPANIES THAT DON'T RESPECT THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE THOSE CUSTOMERS GO ELSEWHERE!

THEY DEMAND THAT I PAY THEM IN ORDER TO FULLY MAX OUT WEAPONS, AND THEN TO WASTE TIME - IN A SPECIAL UNFUN VERSION OF THE GAME - AS I DO SO. WHY BOTHER EXPERIENCING FORMA SYNDROME IF IT'S JUST GOING TO BE ROLLED BACK AT RANDOM?!

THIS IS NOT ME WHINING FOR A  FREE FORMA, IT'S ME ASKING FOR MY TIME TO NOT BE ROLLED BACK!

IT IS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT OF ANY COMPANY TO MAKE THEIR CUSTOMERS FEEL IT WAS WORTH GOING THERE. IF CUSTOMERS DON'T BELIEVE AN ESTABLISHMENT IS WORTH SUPPORTING, THEY WON'T COME BACK!

Edited by Clovis15

-A bunch of caps trying to get attention and saying your not whining-

Those caps sure do sound like your not mad or annoyed....

Lay off the caps if you want to be taken seriously.

On another note, unless you purchased the forma you can not rightfully say its not free forma. 

I really dont think thats the case,i mean it would be clearly idiotic if that ever happens.

I think they meant they will give your forma slots back at devstream.

IF that is not the case,the people that are defending just forma return should definitely get mental help from somewhere.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325551-warframe-ability-mods-coming-changes/

DE's proposal is to refund forma.

Well i do hope DE wont make such a bad decision.Taking the easy way out and making peoples time go to waste.

I am prety sure they will come up with something.

I hope so as well.  I haven't forma'd any ability slots myself but it's not an uncommon thing to do.

A partial refund for something players already spent is not "getting free things".

People already spent forma, and a max of 2 will be returned (according to the proposal).

2 things that they had already spent.

It's not a net gain.

Thats the first intelligent solution to this ive seen so far

Doesn't account for when there's no spare space to swap into, though.

(Yes, some people forma that much, I know.)

I did purchase the Forma. I've purchased more than 90% of the Formas I've ever used. Do you have any idea how many weapons I've put 6 polarities on? I don't get anywhere near enough Formas from the void to do that. Me - and everyone else in my guild - go through Formas like Candy, as we tend to max out everything. Whereas some people just max out the Boltor Prime, we max out everything.

Guns of the top of my head that now have 5-6 polarities in my inventory (all off which I still own):

- Aklex

- Akmagnus

- Akvasto

- Amprex

- Brakk

- Boltor Prime

- Bronco Prime

- Cestra

- Despair

- Detron

- Dread

- Flux Rifle

- Gorgon Wraith

- Grinlok

- Hek

- Hind

- Ignis

- Lato Vandal

- Latron Prime

- Latron Wraith

- Lex Prime

- Marelok

- Ogris

- Sicarus Prime

- Soma

- Tigris

- Twin Gremlins

- Wraith Twin Vipers

And those are just the guns, I also forma'd many weapons - especially before the existence of stance cards - and some Warframes as well. There's even more guns in my lock - not yet touched at all - that I also plan to Forma out just this much, and most of those Formas will be paid for as well. THESE WERE NOT FREE FORMAS!

Edited by Clovis15

You can just click, Actions, Reorder at the bottom and do that yourself, then you will lose nothing when they changes happen as you've already moved the forma to the blank slots you highlighted.  No need to re-forma and re-level.

Thats the first intelligent solution to this ive seen so far

Thanks, though I don't think anyone else seems to remember that function exists.  It would at least reduce some of the issues as you could move re-forma'd ability slots to other empty slots if they exist or at least put the 'more important' polarities away from the edges.

YOU WERE CLAIMING THAT I DIDN'T BUY FORMAS, THIS WAS PROOF THAT I WAS (BECAUSE I DON'T GET ENOUGH FREE STUFF FROM THEIR RARE HANDS OUTS TO DO ALL OF THAT)! IT'S HYPER-VALID!

I PAID FOR FORMAS - I USED THEM ON MY VAUBAN, ALONG SIDE AFFINITY BOOSTERS - IT IS NOT A FREE FORMA I AM GETTING BACK, ONLY MY TIME AND EFFORTS STOLEN!

YOU WERE CLAIMING THAT I DIDN'T BUY FORMAS, THIS WAS PROOF THAT I WAS (BECAUSE I DON'T GET ENOUGH FREE STUFF FROM THEIR RARE HANDS OUTS TO DO ALL OF THAT)! IT'S HYPER-VALID!

I PAID FOR FORMAS - I USED THEM ON MY VAUBAN, ALONG SIDE AFFINITY BOOSTERS - IT IS NOT A FREE FORMA I AM GETTING BACK, ONLY MY TIME AND EFFORTS STOLEN!

ok i am going to stop responding to you, your getting way to mad about this. Spamming caps isn't going to gain you anything.

I'm sorry, but this guy's response to everything is to lie on purpose. I say I bought formas, he said I didn't deserve them as they were free. I said I paid for them again, he said I didn't as the developers give them out for free on a very rare basis. I prove how many formas I've used, just to show they're not all free (as I couldn't possibly have gotten that many for free), and he then claims that I'm somehow changing the topic. I'll stop yelling, but I'm really starting to not like this person.

(For the record, he's been claiming in multiple threads - each time ignoring all facts - that I'm just whining about being given a free forma, which is not the case at all... the forma wasn't free, and it does nothing about the time in "unfun forma syndrome" that I spent using the colossal amount of them).

I apologize for the shouting, I'll stop. I just desperately wish there was some further word from the developers on the matter.

Edited by Clovis15

I'm sorry, but this guy's response to everything is to lie on purpose. I say I bought formas, he said I didn't deserve them as they were free. I said I paid for them again, he said I didn't as the developers give them out for free on a very rare basis. I prove how many formas I've used, just to show they're not all free (as I couldn't possibly have gotten that many for free), and he then claims that I'm somehow changing the topic. I'll stop yelling, but I'm really starting to not like this person.

(For the record, he's been claiming in multiple threads - each time ignoring all facts - that I'm just whining about being given a free forma, which is not the case at all... the forma wasn't free, and it does nothing about the time in "unfun forma syndrome" that I spent using the colossal amount of them).

I apologize for the shouting, I'll stop. I just desperately wish there was some further word from the developers on the matter.

To be brutally honest i am not demanding the DE to not release these, they may do as they wish. I am just saying that the People who think they have a "right" to Legendary formas are being extremely foolish.

Unless the DE decides themselfs to release Legendary formas, they will not be released. No amount of whining and crying will change that. 

Posting threads about the DE being disrespectful and greedy for not releasing them is probably some of the most arrogant and self righteous threads i have seen since U13.

I am fine with people suggesting this, but demanding Legendary formas is cringe worthy to look at.

Edited by Feallike

I'm demanding to not lose the time I spent putting those polarities in, which is not me arrogantly asking for something I didn't already do (because I did personally put the time in to level all of those things over and over). There is no selfishness in wanting the effort you already spent to be preserved. It would only be me being a brat if I asked for time that I didn't spend. I don't ask to be paid back when a better version of a weapon or Warframe comes out - or when that weapon/warframe gets nerfed - as the polarities I spent time putting there are still there afterwards, therefore - even if the item is lessened, or a better version exists - the time that I spent on the item still remains. I only complain when time is rolled back on the exact item that I spent it on already, not when nerfs happen. I fully support nerfs.

I will accept the grand resetting you keep speaking of, but only when it's the grand resetting. This isn't the grand resetting. However, I do wonder if you'll be happy when all of your stuff gets reset. I've always known that the grand resetting could one day come, and I've always known what the compensation will be (account platinum level reset to the highest combined level you ever purchased, trades not included). When the grand resetting happens the paying players will get their platinum back to spend again, and the unpaying players - since trading doesn't count - will get nothing.

Edited by Clovis15

I mean Legendary formas aren't worth the time or effort on the DE's part, they are just ways for them to throw away money they could had gained from Forma and Affinity booster purchases.

If they are tradeable the DE can atleast make a profit off people buying plat to get one from another player. Though that wouldn't give them more profit then the money they would lose.

So please, stop complaining about getting free stuff and move along. ^.^

Free stuff? What the heck are you talking about? They are just giving back the forma already used - the time wasted or plat wasted on affinity boosts to rank up those formas. People like you allow developers to get away with anything.

Believe me, I certainly will if the developers finally clarify which slots are the two being cut off. However, what of people whom aren't following the news and/or forums? There are people whom are going to learn about this for the very first time when U15 hits, at which point it will be far too late for them to move their slots around.

Believe me, I certainly will if the developers finally clarify which slots are the two being cut off. However, what of people whom aren't following the news and/or forums? There are people whom are going to learn about this for the very first time when U15 hits, at which point it will be far too late for them to move their slots around.

True, but DE has done their best to get the word out. Over the Forums, Over YouTube, on Twitch, and even having the news available to players in-game through the news panel. If those slots are removed, it is by no reason by DE's shortcomings of trying to inform the player base. Also, these players are getting recompensed with the Forma of those slots, so that is also something.

People don't seem to grasp that the slots removed will prioritise ones with ability icons and blanks. At most, you'd be losing 60 ranks per frame, and even then, it would only be for those who've polarised the same frame more than eight times. Said people are a tiny minority of min-maxers, who DE should not balance the game around anyway.

Yep.

/thread

Edited by DarkTails

Assuming that there's unpolarized slots.  If not, that would just change which polarities are lost and not lessen the number lost.

You're telling me you've not only formaed the 6 warframe slots available to you for customization, but also formaed the 3 other power slots you thought were useless?

Not only that, but you spent hours releveling that thing, maybe even days or weeks, all for that one power?

You're telling me you've spent potentially 270 levels on leveling up the same frame over and over again just for one power?

You're telling me that you've spent that long, potentially 9 formae, just for that one power?

Well if that's the case, is this really DE's fault for you shoehorning yourself like that?

You're telling me you've not only formaed the 6 warframe slots available to you for customization, but also formaed the 3 other power slots you thought were useless?

There is no Warframe that comes with 6 unpolarized slots.  Every Warframe has polarities in some of the center slots already, leaving them not blank, reducing the number of forma needed to get a polarity in every slot.

Loki Prime is perhaps the biggest outlier to your assumption, coming with 4 polarities in the center slots.  With him it would only take 2 forma to run out of "empty" slots, not 6+.

Not only that, but you spent hours releveling that thing, maybe even days or weeks, all for that one power?

You're telling me you've spent potentially 270 levels on leveling up the same frame over and over again just for one power?

You're telling me that you've spent that long, potentially 9 formae, just for that one power?

No, I was providing one scenario in which the proposed fix would not fix things.

The stated solution assumes things that can very well not be true, and is thus not an acceptable solution because there's still players that would lose on forma and/or time leveling.