Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Syndicate Relations] Quick Thought: How Are Suda And Hexis Allies?

Chroia

To my knowledge, Western society's experience is that strict adherence to (strict) dogma limits / biases the pursuit of knowledge at best and stifles it at worst.

Now, admittedly we have very information to go on atm so there's plenty of time for an Author's Saving Throw, so I thought I'd raise this.

Seems to me that Suda would fit the Perrin Syndicate a lot better.

Great resources makes 'acquiring' information a lot easier (Suda's gain), and having as much (relevant) information as possible is crucial in making informed decisions (Perrin's gain).

If nothing else, I'd expect Perrin to vigorously woo Suda.

Reference pic courtesy of the wiki.

Syndicates.png

Edited by Chroia

To me it feels that the Arbiters want Tennos to know more about themselves and transcend beyond being mercenaries.

I would wager that whatever this "transcendance" result in would tickles Suda's fancies. 

Edited by Kinperor

Yeah, I figured that it was because Hexis works to relate info about what they feel is the original nature of the tenno, this sort of spreading of clandestine info must please the intangible cluster AI constantly seeking exotic information related to the void.

What bothers me more is that it seems that by choosing one faction you are kind of locked into only being able to support 2 others reasonably. What is worse is that those two others seem to be the same no matter what you choose as your first or main faction.

What seems to happen based on the graph is there are 2 maybe 3 choices.

What seems to happen based on the graph is there are 2 maybe 3 choices.

If the graph is true and allies get +50%, rivals get -50%, and enemies get -100% reputation point per mission there are actually a lot of complex alliances you could form for example:

1. You can join any one faction. (Suda) 

Of which there are 6 possible choices.

2. You can join any two allied factions. (Suda, Hexis)

Of which there are 3 possible choices.

3. You can join any two rival factions. (Suda, Veil)

4. You can join any two rival factions and one of there allies. (Suda, Veil, Hexis)

Of which there are 6 possible choices.

5. You can join any two rival factions and their allied factions. (Suda, Veil, Hexis, Steel)

6. You can join any two rival factions and the unrelated faction (Suda, Veil, Perrin)

7. You can join any two rival factions, one unrelated faction, and that factions rival the ally of one of the first two factions.

(Suda, Veil, Perrin, Hexis)

8. You can join any two rival factions, one unrelated faction, and that factions ally the enemy of one of the first two factions.

(Suda, Veil, Perrin, Loka)

That means if you want to form an alliance that only includes members that trend upward in reputation there are 30 possible combinations unless I missed some. If you don't want to ever swap who you are representing however, there are only 9 possible choices.

Edited by Selpar

To my knowledge, Western society's experience is that strict adherence to (strict) dogma limits / biases the pursuit of knowledge at best and stifles it at worst.

Now, admittedly we have very information to go on atm so there's plenty of time for an Author's Saving Throw, so I thought I'd raise this.

Seems to me that Suda would fit the Perrin Syndicate a lot better.

Great resources makes 'acquiring' information a lot easier (Suda's gain), and having as much (relevant) information as possible is crucial in making informed decisions (Perrin's gain).

If nothing else, I'd expect Perrin to vigorously woo Suda.

Reference pic courtesy of the wiki.

Syndicates.png

Interesting perspective ... 1+

Makes game programming practical by considering only pair-wise direct interactions for "ally", "rival" and "hostile", but in the end it just feels a bit underdeveloped

It would be far more interesting for there to be "nonparity" - that is, one side may consider the other to be a rival while the other looks upon their relationship as be outright hostile

For example, The Cephalon may have to "hold its own" against the New Loka BUT it doesn't mean that The Cephalon would actively work to hurt the tree hugger Loka

Another way to look at these six parties is the manner in which they make their value judgments based upon rational considerations or upon emotional thinking

In this manner, the "intellectuals" would include the Arbiters, Perrin and Cephalon

The "intuitives" would include the Steel, Veil and Loka

However, final objectives and/or goals will be the real determinants of how two given syndicates interact

Example:  The Aribiters are dedicated to personal freedom while the Cephalon is dedicated to control