Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rainbow Bridge Games

Llyssa

I think it would be interesting if DE held pvp tournaments with the mythical rainbow bridge.

It was noted once that, if multiple platforms had the same update number, they could play together.

For regular play, this is obviously an issue, what with certs and all.

However, it would be interesting if there was kept a version of each for sync purposes...

That way, players could play the older versions to test their mettle against the other platforms. Or, at least see how they can work together.

It shouldn't be too hard, as PS4 and XO tend to stay on target. So it would just need a retrograde for PC.

It would be interesting to see how the best of each hold up against eachother, and what advantages different platforms give.

I think that the thought of cross play has been largely if not completely abandoned. I think that it would be far too much work for DE to keep the 3 systems on the same update and somehow allow PS4 and XB1 players to play together and with PC users. 

This is highly likely to be impossible. The "rainbow bridge" was mentioned before DE realized how difficult the certification process was to fight through.

PC currently runs on weekly releases, and console runs on... whenever something makes it through cert. 

In order to keep the version numbers the same, PC's updates would have to be held back by several months so consoles could catch up. And hotfixes would be an even bigger pain. In fact, DE might even have to hire an entire team of playtesters, because the extensive playtesting is mostly left up to the community. In that way, PC is a sort of filter that catches all the bugs before they make their way to the consoles, where it'd be harder to put in a hotfix.

I think that the thought of cross play has been largely if not completely abandoned. I think that it would be far too much work for DE to keep the 3 systems on the same update and somehow allow PS4 and XB1 players to play together and with PC users. 

I think his point isn't that consoles and PC should have the same update level, but there should be a second "instance" of a specific update as it were, that consoles and PCs could revert to for cross play.

Edited by Lakitel

Players with a mouse and keyboard would absolutely destroy those who use a controller.

I think that would only be true for competitive (PvP) shooters or other games that require incredible accuracy. Crossplay in PvE games should be fine. Crossplay on games like CS would be a HUGE no.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Okay, let me try saying it again:

You would have 2 options:

1. You're on your system. You want to play Warframe. You start it up. You play with people on same system, and only them. You play on your latest, greatest update.

2. You're on your system. You'd like to play with more competitive players. You start up "Warframe United". You start it up. You play with people on any system warframe has been released to, but WU is stuck on the update that the least-advanced system is on.