The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Those Tennos In The [Def] Cryopods/hostages? Mono-Poly Hypos.

N-14

what makes you think that the 20 tenno we play as are the only 20 in existence, or that there aren't other unique tenno with their own warframes and powers that we don't know of, or that have died and we will never know about

as for the Excalibur who died in the prophet trailer, what makes you think that that was indeed Excalibur, and not a placeholder representation of another warframe entirely, separate from Excalibur, the fact is you dont, Excalibur thus far has always ever been represented with his default look, no other frame has ever been shown with an alt. skin or helm

from what I can see, both theories being argued are plausible, as well all so called "evidence" to support each theory can be interpreted in many different ways, example being Valkyr, original could mean the first, 1 of many, or it could mean what and whom she was before her experimentation, and example being Mirage, the original died, and we rebuilt the frame, but what makes you 100% sure that the tenno piloting the current Mirage had the same powers as the 1 who died, you dont

everything is speculation, nothing is fact other then the few lore entries we have, which can be seen in many different colors

still doesnt comply with the Mono-Poly hypothesis. Brimir has his own perception of limited Tennos, doesnt answer the current theories of how many Tennos does a Player control

Because it's probably just a rudimentary gameplay mechanic that we aren't supposed to put so much thought into. There has to be some kind of leeway allowed for the gameplay elements to exist without throwing the lore into question.

In the Ninja Gaiden series, we're able to carry around 8+ different weapons, when lore-wise Ryu only uses the Dragon Sword. The lore of games should never be based on negligible gameplay mechanics.

Because it's probably just a rudimentary gameplay mechanic that we aren't supposed to put so much thought into. There has to be some kind of leeway allowed for the gameplay elements to exist without throwing the lore into question.

In the Ninja Gaiden series, we're able to carry around 8+ different weapons, when lore-wise Ryu only uses the Dragon Sword. The lore of games should never be based on negligible gameplay mechanics.

The entire progression system of the game is not "negligible"

Solar-System progress, event progress, weapon affinity, equipment, deathmarks, battle pay, quests and even the upcoming syndicates will all be at the account (IMHO single-Tenno) level. We have even had Steve say verbatim "Your player... your Tenno"

Games that posit multiple characters have multiple progress tracks, Warframe does not. and has absolutely zero discussion of any form of group control (Like LoL and the "summoner")

As I've said before, we are all speculation however the positions IMHO hinge on two very different things:

1. Single-Tenno-per-account-using-multiple-warframes hinges on unrevealed lore, everything else easily fits.

2. One-tenno-per-warframe-many-tenno-per-account hinges on DE being unable to design a game that fits the setting.

I just don't believe that #2 is likely. And IMHO poly-tenno has way too many lore holes while mono-tenno only has "How do they fit" which has many potential solutions, but none yet discussed in-game.

The entire progression system of the game is not "negligible"

Solar-System progress, event progress, weapon affinity, equipment, deathmarks, battle pay, quests and even the upcoming syndicates will all be at the account (IMHO single-Tenno) level. We have even had Steve say verbatim "Your player... your Tenno"

Games that posit multiple characters have multiple progress tracks, Warframe does not. and has absolutely zero discussion of any form of group control (Like LoL and the "summoner")

As I've said before, we are all speculation however the positions IMHO hinge on two very different things:

1. Single-Tenno-per-account-using-multiple-warframes hinges on unrevealed lore, everything else easily fits.

2. One-tenno-per-warframe-many-tenno-per-account hinges on DE being unable to design a game that fits the setting.

I just don't believe that #2 is likely. And IMHO poly-tenno has way too many lore holes while mono-tenno only has "How do they fit" which has many potential solutions, but none yet discussed in-game.

I wasn't speaking of the entire progression system, my statements pertain specifically to character selection.

As for the Mono-Poly subject itself, the problem with this theory is that it isn't just the Tenno themselves that are being discussed here. There is a Mono-Poly Warframe theory that is being debated here, and that is what my first comment is in reference to. I actually agree that there is only one Tenno we control and that unrevealed lore will inevitably explain how we switch between each Warframe. However, the Mono-Warframe theory that suggests there is only one original copy of each Warframe is a concept that I find to be in far more conflict with the lore than the Mono-Tenno theory, which as you said, only faces the obstacle of "How do they fit?". Which can easily be explained by just saying the Void energy allows them to shape-shift their Tenno bodies to fit each Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)ShuhanX

It has already been said. Tenno are energy. You are energy.

As has been said, Vor's line in the intro is much more likely to be metaphor simply telling us that the Tenno is the source of the Void energy and the Warframes shapes it into the effect.

In the same way or Warframes are not literally "a glass" the Tenno are most likely not only "Energy"

There are too many references to bodies, blood and explicit reference to "tear a Tenno corpse from its metal womb" to accept "energy" without further information.

I wasn't speaking of the entire progression system, my statements pertain specifically to character selection.

As for the Mono-Poly subject itself, the problem with this theory is that it isn't just the Tenno themselves that are being discussed here. There is a Mono-Poly Warframe theory that is being debated here, and that is what my first comment is in reference to. I actually agree that there is only one Tenno we control and that unrevealed lore will inevitably explain how we switch between each Warframe. However, the Mono-Warframe theory that suggests there is only one original copy of each Warframe is a concept that I find to be in far more conflict with the lore than the Mono-Tenno theory, which as you said, only faces the obstacle of "How do they fit?". Which can easily be explained by just saying the Void energy allows them to shape-shift their Tenno bodies to fit each Warframe.

I have only ever seen people refer to the "Unique Warframe" concept when speaking of poly-Tenno a-la LoL. I don't see how it can be applied to mono-tenno. After all Mono-Tenno pretty much accepts the Warframe construction mechanic (and lore as per Mirage) at face value, hence there are Warframe lines, maybe based on a single originator/prototype or maybe not.

Trying to make all the frayed ends of Warframe's lore make sense together as a whole is like trying to learn Mandarin with Braille. Trust me, I've been trying for more than a year now.

Pretty much. Also makes discussing any part of the lore with anyone else a pain since everyone can come to entirely different conclusions.

I have only ever seen people refer to the "Unique Warframe" concept when speaking of poly-Tenno a-la LoL. I don't see how it can be applied to mono-tenno. After all Mono-Tenno pretty much accepts the Warframe construction mechanic (and lore as per Mirage) at face value, hence there are Warframe lines, maybe based on a single originator/prototype or maybe not.

The Unique Warframe concept is what I meant by "Mono-Warframe". I am referring to the poster you were debating with in the previous page, who's stance is that there is only one of each Warframe. One Ember, one Excal, one Mag, one Ash etc. But I suppose the Mono-Warframe theory is synonymous to the Poly-Tenno/Unique Warframe premise, which is probably where the confusion came from.