Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Tired Of It? (Lore And Other Story Related Things)

SeoV

I am all for the dedication of polishing and adding content, bit by bit.

I allso agree with alot said in this thread.

Story and world background make a big difference in sci-fi, since its all fantasy anyway.

The discussions trying to figure this game out are ridicoussly many at this point, supposedly some of us guessed the truth, Stevr said.

Check out this list, its not near the full list of topics but I have tried to capture the big ones.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/296598-lore-discussion-index-tenno-the-universe-and-everything-8102014/?p=3379040

Well its up to them to fix this up and stop adding stuff every update

I keep saying this but nooooo "THEY CAN DO BOTH SHUT UP ITS BETA" 

No, obviously they can't

When you have a problem and instead of solving it you keep adding more problems on top of it that problem will grow even bigger and will be more and more difficult to solve

Now there is a story yes, there is an idea but the big problem is that DE have trouble to put it in the game, there's too much to work with, too many fragments of story here and there

Syndicates is is the perfect opportunity to bring some purpose for the players

I love this game DE, there's huge potential in it and i really hope that this game won't end as a "Go there, kill that, good job, now do it again" type 

Not to mention Kubrows look awful no offense. 

DE! I want walking Shark Dogs, make it happen! 

But on the serious side yes, It's kind of like they keep distracting you from real issues with:

"HEY LOOK NEW STUFF HUH??? HUH ?? WHAT DO YOU THINK GREAT RIGHT" 

Your eyes slowly look over to the pile of human corpses in the corner. You try to point it out:

"NO NO NO LOOK AT THE NEW STUFF! LOOK ARCHWING!! WOOOO DON'T MIND THE CORNER"

I hope you realise sometime soon, this is not a good thing. Go read reviews, do some research. Please. 

i know why dark sector is what it is, but i think giving the lore of dark sector some chance into waframe, its a good oportunity to fix what go wrong, i like to think its like the bioshock/bioshock infinite lore, and no one complains about that ending, people say its awesome, so i say if bioshock can do that sort of things with lore, why not warframe?

i know why dark sector is what it is, but i think giving the lore of dark sector some chance into waframe, its a good oportunity to fix what go wrong, i like to think its like the bioshock/bioshock infinite lore, and no one complains about that ending, people say its awesome, so i say if bioshock can do that sort of things with lore, why not warframe?

The difference being Bioshock's story, though convoluted at parts, was written, developed and drafted WITH the game development. DE made the game without seeming to think about the plot very much at all. Also comparing the story of Dark Sector and Bioshock is absurd, Bioshock is one of the games with the most critically acclaimed story, Dark sector on the other hand. Well. Go figure. 

Not to mention Bioshock 1 and 2 are in the same place, and Bioshock Infinite mentions rapture and plastids and ADAM and all that in a way that ties everything together, exactly NOT like DE has done. 

am i the only 1 who understands warframe story/ lore whatever you call it?

Technocyte virus - its a virus but with a little techno in it hehe. (no but seriously it made those infested mutants)

Sentients - super op megadudes that fought orokin

(no lore about them because they will return so then it will make sense about how why what and where )

Grineer - galactic evil dudes

Orokin - they created tenno and fought sentients

corpus - merchant a-holes that see money as their religion

tenno - orokin created super weapon to defeat sentients (creator got killed by creation cliché - DING)

We had no purpose to fight after the war.

we got in thy cryopods to sleep.

then grineer happened and lotus woke us up to fight those guys (the only thing i dont uderstand - who is she?)

there can be lore about what happens AFTER we get out.

Edited by S0ulre4per

Couldn’t disagree more. A game without any story is a mindless romp. You have to have SOMETHING to hook into. Otherwise, why even have space ninjas? It could be inanimate blocks of wood running through a corridor.

I also think the lore is fascinating. Its half formed, which makes it easy to fill in blanks with my wildest speculations. I’m not saying there isn’t a risk from here on. There’s a danger of falling into existing tropes, or perhaps jumping the shark.

But as it stands right now, I love whats going on. My tenno has just awoken into a world where the rules are unclear, where the factions are muddled, and whatever information I can get is fragmentary or contradictory. Its pretty much what I would expect to find if I suddenly woke up with amnesia after centuries in stasis.

As for the sex change, we know that when the children went to the void, there were mutilated, warped, broken and spat back out. We know even from Alad they are mute. We have very little idea of what is left of the tenno physically, or if sex is even a relevant concept to them anymore.

My two cents as someone with an account 10 days old:D

for me its easy to understand now

there was a time where there was peace in "warframe-universe", the orokin leaded and shared their high state of conciousness with all races which was open for

when i look on the fractions and if i start comparing the looks of some warframes to the look of some fractions it seems that at this time every fraction builded a warframe which they handed to the orokin, they made them perfect and gave them to the tennos - as they was the ultimate guardians of peace at this time and for keeping balance between all the fractions (there was much more but after the war only a few was left and known and remembered, some will come out of the darkness where they are hiding when things are different again) ...

then war break out and now the tennos use all what they learned to bring balance back to the "warframe-universe" ...

and first the tennos destroyed the corrupted orokin which didnt give away their power to others and which kept the last "secrets of power"

as well as some tennos developed and understood and now they fight hard to bring the things back together ...

or do i miss smth ? =)

Edited by 73NNO

I just don't think DE has all this lore stuff figured out. I believe they have a slightly (very slightly) less vague version of what we know. They may have backed themselves into a corner that can't be gotten out of in regards to lore. It is hard for me to imagine a way to make a nice tidy package out of the whole "what are the tenno exactly?" question. I hope they prove me wrong and have some really great lore in the future to show us. 

am i the only 1 who understands warframe story/ lore whatever you call it?

Technocyte virus - its a virus but with a little techno in it hehe. (no but seriously it made those infested mutants)

Sentients - super op megadudes that fought orokin

(no lore about them because they will return so then it will make sense about how why what and where )

Grineer - galactic evil dudes

Orokin - they created tenno and fought sentients

corpus - merchant a-holes that see money as their religion

tenno - orokin created super weapon to defeat sentients (creator got killed by creation cliché - DING)

We had no purpose to fight after the war.

we got in thy cryopods to sleep.

then grineer happened and lotus woke us up to fight those guys (the only thing i dont uderstand - who is she?)

there can be lore about what happens AFTER we get out.

But none of this is properly explained, there's no real story behind it just key words like you put out. We all understand that, we're not dumb. But we need more than a bullet points about the universe.