Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 Tomorrow?

Noxramus

Although I'd like to see it today, I'd like it more if DE took the time they need to make it a really polished release!

This is possibly the most ambitious updates so far. Over a year in the making.

No amount of polishing can make them release a flawless product....something will always go wrong..that is the nature of coding...that is the nature of humans.

I have yet to see any major game dev deploy a big online game update without flaws...we all know that this won't happen. Within those thousands of lines of new code...something will go wrong...or something unintentionally is left out of the actual patch...breaking things that were working fine in the dev build.

I'm really getting tired of people saying "I want them to take more time to fix issues"...simply because for many bugs and issues the devs will not know that they are even in the client until they release it to the live environment (as we dont have a public test server environment). If simply "taking more time" would fix all the issues...then games in the making for 5+ years would not have bugs and problems when they're finally released...but they do..and heaps of them.

Edited by Shehriazad

if i remember right they said last week it will come next week, means, this week, but they didnt mention a specific day :P

they didn't say its this week or any week. They said pretty soon, right around the corner, stuff like that

two more weeks

Stahp trolling.

DE would not put up a teaser site 3 weeks before the release of an update...that's just madness.

Not to mention they're already running thin on teaser material.

People saying "It's not wednesday but probably thursday/friday" I can understand

People saying "Next week"...I can still somewhat understand even though it's not as likely

People saying "more than 1 week left"....just want to watch the world burn.

They did mention kubrow armor but Steve did not want to spoil it and did not show. But it is there =)

actually when they brought up the topic they said they weren't gonna talk about kubrow armor. meaning it's either a) not coming in U15 at all. or b) coming at a later patch of U15. maybe 15.5? regardless i doubt kubrow armor is really that important to put on the teaser site

Stahp trolling.

DE would not put up a teaser site 3 weeks before the release of an update...that's just madness.

Not to mention they're already running thin on teaser material.

People saying "It's not wednesday but probably thursday/friday" I can understand

People saying "Next week"...I can still somewhat understand even though it's not as likely

People saying "more than 1 week left"....just want to watch the world burn.

when melee 2.0 we got the teaser site... and how much time has pased from that to the update

and U14, how much time?

No amount of polishing can make them release a flawless product....something will always go wrong..that is the nature of coding...that is the nature of humans.

I have yet to see any major game dev deploy a big online game update without flaws...we all know that this won't happen. Within those thousands of lines of new code...something will go wrong...or something unintentionally is left out of the actual patch...breaking things that were working fine in the dev build.

I'm really getting tired of people saying "I want them to take more time to fix issues"...simply because for many bugs and issues the devs will not know that they are even in the client until they release it to the live environment (as we dont have a public test server environment). If simply "taking more time" would fix all the issues...then games in the making for 5+ years would not have bugs and problems when they're finally released...but they do..and heaps of them.

I'm not saying I want them to release a flawless update (believe me as a software engineer I'm fully aware that there's more or less no such thing as a 'flawless' release of software), but I'd like them to take their time and make sure that they don't make any careless mistakes or blunders in the rush of development.

I want them to be comfortable with what they're releasing and not feel obligated to rush at their (or the update's) expense.

actually when they brought up the topic they said they weren't gonna talk about kubrow armor. meaning it's either a) not coming in U15 at all. or b) coming at a later patch of U15. maybe 15.5? regardless i doubt kubrow armor is really that important to put on the teaser site

They said they weren't going to talk about Prime Kubrow Armor.

Probably not tomorrow. as we can see.

PC is 14.10.3

PS4 is 14.8.1

Xbox One is 14.8.1

I know that there is hype site.

(pay attention to this 1

- this is my oppinion it could be 100% wrong but this is what i think) 

i think we will have U15 when PS4 and Xbox one gets to 14.10.3

PC is 14.10.3

PS4 is 14.8.1

Xbox One is 14.8.1

(pay attention to this 1

It's never like that.

PC is 14.10.3

PS4 is 14.8.1

Xbox One is 14.8.1

(pay attention to this 1

that would be likely all the way in November, DE isn't that insane

Or they can just release the Halloween content closer to Halloween.

Most MMOs typically have "Halloween" events that last from around the middle of the month to after the actual holiday, that way people who work and such can experience it too. So it kinda makes sense for them to release it a bit early. I think last year we got the day of the dead skins around this time.

Most MMOs typically have "Halloween" events that last from around the middle of the month to after the actual holiday, that way people who work and such can experience it too. So it kinda makes sense for them to release it a bit early. I think last year we got the day of the dead skins around this time.

I'd like to see those examples, because from my experience they start near Halloween and last until the week after.

I'd like to see those examples, because from my experience they start near Halloween and last until the week after.

Uh, Off the top of my head, Elsword Online? Thats had a halloween event all month.

Edit: Oh and Terraria has done theirs all month, everything in game drops goodiebags and such.

Edited by Ghostars