Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Stats(Corrupt Mods) How To Use Them?

Jinryusai

Question

14 answers to this question

I'd say it strongly depends on the frame you're using. Maybe if you told us which ones do you play we could help you.

Personally I go with a negative duration Oberon and full efficiency/strength, the heals are much better since it's a lot of health in a short period of time. 

Edited by osheroth

Personally I go with a negative duration Oberon and full efficiency/strength, the heals are much better since it's a lot of health in a short period of time. 

Wiki says:

• Healing time is affected inversely by Power Duration (i.e., mods increasing power duration will shorten the healing time).
    • Healing time is calculated as: Final Time = Base Time / (1 + Power Duration).

So using negative duration would spread the healing out over a longer time. Is that wrong? I haven't used him since the rework so I don't know if they changed it.

Edited by Azure.M

Wiki says:

So using negative duration would spread the healing out over a longer time. Is that wrong? I haven't used him since the rework so I don't know if they changed it.

I haven't noticed any difference, looks the same to me. 

I will try it and let you know, though. 

I know mana leak with inverse duration = unlimited mana.

If you're referring to Energy Vampire, it costs 50 energy and gives you back 100 by default. No need for corrupted mods to go infinite there.

Most abilities that use corrupted mods are ones where the dump stat doesn't matter (such as Desecrate/Chaos/Vortex for Overextended, Electric Shield/Eclipse/Invisibility for Narrow Minded, Energy Vampire for Blind Rage.) Fleeting Expertise gets a special mention as even for duration builds, the seconds per energy ratio goes up.

If you want to specifically abuse the negative effect, there's somewhat less choice. Here's some examples of how each one can be abused:

- Energy Vampire: -Duration speeds up the pulses, regenerating energy faster.

- Tentacle Swarm: -Range helps tighten the spread of the tentacles around the target position.

- Molecular Prime: -Strength makes the mobs speed up; very helpful for getting through waves faster.

-Efficiency is a little hard to abuse - the only ability that comes to mind is Energy Vampire, and that's only due to the massive power gain from Blind Rage.

What are cool and clever ways to use the negative stats of corrupt mods in whichever situation, mission, etc.?

its just max/min.   I mean, take a look at which frame you are using.... some skills have NO penalty for reduced range, others have NO penalty for reduced duration, etc.   If you can make your skill do more of what it does without losing anything at all....   that is a good place for a corrupt mod.  It works best if you use one or 2 of your 4 mods on your frame (that is, no frame is immune to the penalty on all 4 skills that I know of, but if you are only using a couple of the abilities AND those do not take the hit...),  or can live with a penalty to a lesser used skill in exchange for a buff to a spammed skill, etc. 

Edited by jonnin

I know you don't need inverse duration to have infinite energy with energy vampire but without it you're going to be hard pressed to get 100 every out of acreature before all four pulses and even if you do the rate of energy is painfully slow. Everyone on your team can practically spam their ults with inverse duration energy vampire.

I know you don't need inverse duration to have infinite energy with energy vampire but without it you're going to be hard pressed to get 100 every out of acreature before all four pulses and even if you do the rate of energy is painfully slow. Everyone on your team can practically spam their ults with inverse duration energy vampire.

Get near an enemy, hit EV, kill enemy, get 150 energy. Having a slower effect rate just gives the skill more utility for stunning and gives the option to allow for further range casting. Technically the only thing that gets hurt by that is the Well->EV instakill combo.