Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Be The Only One To Think That The Other Factions Have Weaker Art Than The Grineer?

Innocent_Flower

Grineer? Great. I particularly like the design of the Lancer. The skinny legs challenged  by a Bulky upper body, metal skirt.The colours masterfuly working with the environment. The extra details on the arid/frontier variants...  There's probably more unique grineer models than their are unique models from every other faction. 

And then we have the other factions. 

The infested have very few unique models. I know they're working on them... but they're so... plain? The leapers look like  a rip off of Halo's flood and the runners not much better. The crawler is a lazy design (and doesn't work in the gameplay) and whilst the infested ancient looks very cool it's obvious they're all Identicle (which isn't a problem with the mass produced gear of the grineer and corpus, but not good for horrible gross looking monster mutants with all flesh bared) 

The corpus... Ignore the bosses for a moment and we have. 

men in suit. 

osprey

Moa (cannon)

Moa (disk) 

And the corrupted... Do I need to argue this one? Putting implants into everyone's mind so they become your slave guardian isn't a terrible idea. I don't even loath the simplistic "stick a gold thing on and make em white" thing. It's just that the slave portion of the galaxy isn't representive of the kind that come into derelicts. Where are the proper lancers? Why's there one type of infested? Why are the crewmen using struns? 

Mental character model count (no bosses, no reskins)

Corpus- four. 

infested- five

grineer- at least 12, not counting the unique frontier and arid variants. 

Corrupted- six

This is just for models/art. Even the grineer need some work on diversity when it comes to how they play

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Weaker in general.

Use /spoiler to end the code.

Grineer:
melee=6
ranged=12
utility=9
bosses=9
Corpus:
melee=1
ranged=4
utility=13
bosses=8 (Hyena Pack considered 1 boss)
Infested:
melee=11
ranged=3 (ancient grappling hook)
utility=1
bosses=2 (not including J3-Golem)
Corrupted:
melee=1
ranged=3
utility=3
bosses=1 (Corrupted Captain Vor)
Assassins:
melee=0
ranged=0
utility=0
bosses=5 (Grustrag Three, Stalker, Harvester)
Wildlife:
melee=1
ranged=1
utility=0
bosses=0
Edited by APBladeX

DE agrees and has already made statements on diversifying the Corpus and Infested.

The Corpus and Infested are both in need of sound additions/reworks as well.

Yes, I'm aware that the Corpus were just given voices, but they sound like space-mexicans hacking up phlegm. They're absolutely horrid and underwhelming compared to the character and personality of Grineer voices. 

Edited by JohnProdman