Gaming Mice!

SolarDwagon

So, my Naga Molten has recently decided to die on me. With any luck I can get it replaced via warranty with a 2014, but if I can't, I would seem to be in the market for a 12-thumbpad gaming mouse.

Options I'm currently aware of;

Razer Naga MMO 2014
Razer Naga Epic 2012
Logitech G600

What other options are there, and what are people's favourites?

i'm not trolling here, i really do want to know...

what possible purpose would 12 buttons serve for warframe?

i realize that this off-topic and that your request probably isn't specific to warframe, and that's fine...

but i can't imagine why you'd need more than say... 6 or so buttons for this game?

as for your request, i think options are rather limited (in terms of manufacturer)

logitech

razer

genius

corsair

there are numerous models available.

i know tom's hardware and pc mag tend to do roundups of this type of hardware on a semi-yearly basis.

I think my actual usage is 7 buttons on the thumpad for Warframe [melee, powers, teamspeak keybind, screenshot keybind], but I do play games where the 12-button pad feels either insufficient or barely sufficient-Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Torchlight series, AirMech, Starbound although that's really convenience rather than any need, any RTS game that allows number grouping....

I was hoping I could be enlightened on model numbers, not just brands-I've listed the three I am aware of but I'm sure there must be more than that. I'm also asking about preferences from people who have used them.

Edited by SolarDwagon

I use all the buttons on the side of my Naga in Warframe.

1,4,7,10 (bottom column of buttons) are my abilities (which have been rebound off the of the 1,2,3,4 keys. 1,2,3,4 keys are now Gear Hotkeys 5-8)

2 = swap gun, 5 = roll, 8 = melee channel, 11= swap camera side, and finally 3,6,9,12 (top column of buttons) = Gear Hotkeys 1-4

Edited by AXCrusnik

I'm currently using a Logitech G600. It's not a bad mouse at all. The third click on it seems a bit useless, doesn't really register with keybinding very well, but other than that, I enjoy it, considering I won it at a job fair. Apparently I was the only one who could name 5 games running on the Unreal Engine (I proceeded to list off around 20 more than needed) there. Anyways, it's the first mouse that I've had that hasn't broken within 3 months of getting it, and it has worked wonderfully for well over a year and a half now. I had a small problem with the modes, but you get used to it.

Also, glowy multicolor lights.

I don't have a clue about the Razer gear, though. I'm sure there's already plenty of comments about that.

I use all the buttons on the side of my Naga in Warframe.

1,4,7,10 (bottom column of buttons) are my abilities (which have been rebound off the of the 1,2,3,4 keys. 1,2,3,4 keys are now Gear Hotkeys 5-8)

2 = swap gun, 5 = roll, 8 = melee channel, 11= swap camera side, and finally 3,6,9,12 (top column of buttons) = Gear Hotkeys 1-4

Oh yeah, gear hotslots. That's basically the rest of my thumbpad. I just don't use the 4 because it'a an awkward loner button with how I map out.

1=melee, 2356 are powers, 7-10 are gear, 11 is teamspeak, 12 is screenshot.

I also use middle click for melee swap and roll for weapon swap.

I think my actual usage is 7 buttons on the thumpad for Warframe [melee, powers, teamspeak keybind, screenshot keybind], but I do play games where the 12-button pad feels either insufficient or barely sufficient-Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Torchlight series, AirMech, Starbound although that's really convenience rather than any need, any RTS game that allows number grouping....

I was hoping I could be enlightened on model numbers, not just brands-I've listed the three I am aware of but I'm sure there must be more than that. I'm also asking about preferences from people who have used them.

OMG YOU PLAY AIRMECH ^_^

So, my Naga Molten has recently decided to die on me. With any luck I can get it replaced via warranty with a 2014, but if I can't, I would seem to be in the market for a 12-thumbpad gaming mouse.

Options I'm currently aware of;

Razer Naga MMO 2014

Razer Naga Epic 2012

Logitech G600

What other options are there, and what are people's favourites?

Well, if it was molten.. I wouldn't be surprised if it died on you :P

(Sorry I like small jokes)

Anyway, you could always take another Naga Molten (saw some on Amazon) or try for something with less buttons, since there are not many options. In that case, I would recommend the Tt eSports Theron, which feels great when used. It's slightly bigger than the one you're used to play with. It has 3 buttons you could use for stuff and also, it looks good (at least in my opinion).