Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Asking For Legendary Forma, We Need Another Similar Implementation

KuroShiranui

TL;DR: Don't say/ask for Legendary Forma. Instead, implement a 3-day polarization without having to relevel again. Same thing, same implementation, different name, less problems (Hopefully).

Sorry if this is a potential spam, but i'll try to make it short and simple.
The above post is just some rant, read the bottom of this post for more on the suggestion. (maybe will add more things later)

Guys, please stop begging for Legendary Forma. If DE indeed implement it post-U15, there will be more problems. While it's okay for you to say it should be untradeable due to possible abuse, I sense that some people will still try to beg it being tradeable. And then if DE did make it tradeable, I reckon it'll be taxed 1 million credits and a lot of platinum demand from other players. And then players will whine about it being tradeable, expensive taxes, and whatnot.

Why you're saying that you'll quit the game if DE won't give you Legendary Forma is beyond me, since you'll be only have to repolarize two times at most. no more than that. So you won't waste so much time on your 5-6 formaed Warframes. Quote of what I said on a related thread:

No I mean even if you swapped the polarized ability slots into the middle 6, it will still be refunded since it's part of the 4 abilities. Even if you know which 2 ability slots that are going to be removed, you can't do anything anyway since it will still be removed nonetheless.

In the end, it's all down to luck. If those 2 slots that you've polarized are the ones that will stay, then you're good. If it's not, then tough luck man. For those who've polarized 3 ability slots, it's either 1 polariztion choice will stay or it's gonna be 2.

And again this is what I understand from what I read in the change.

In specific, this was what DERebecca said:

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 Ability slots that are staying?
If you Polarized these slots, the Polarization choice will stay. If you did not Polarize these slots, they will have a default unassigned Polarity. 

No. The script will look for Ability Polarities if you have moved them elsewhere and prioritize removing those instead of your customized layout.

The Suggestion

So okay, 2 polarization is a pain for you to manage. What we need is a limited, 3-day polarization without having to level up again. The way it is implemented is similar on how you'd normally polarize your frames, just that the level won't reset to 0. Of course this offer only applies to those who have their forma refunded in order to prevent abuse, and if possible allow it to be implemented to affected frames only.

That way everyone will be able to polarize without having to exp farm again, while not bringing up the Legendary Forma issue. It's the same thing, yeah, but people won't talk about it anymore and the problem can go away... Hopefully. Because from what I see, people would bring up the Legendary Fusion Cores alongside the (proposed) Legendary Forma issues that i'm afraid will be endless. It's better to just stop saying it and enjoy U15 as much as we can.

ps: 

(On another thread) Kihana: Cue all the claims from people who have every favorite warframe forma'd 7 times but hardly get to play thanks to that thing called real life. Those two things are generally considered mutually exclusive. When demanding compensation for something, people will always over-exagerate their losses.

(On another, different thread) Me: In all seriousness though. Just a little sacrifice (2 forma refunded) for more newer content (archwings, sigils, syndicates, new warframe, etc). Can't just people accept that?

Edited by KuroShiranui

a booster that lets us instantly forma stuff for three days?  sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Yes, thats the most stupid idea I heard. We dont need anything legendary except legen... wait for it... dary! :D

Look what happened to Legendary cores? They are a market item with overpriced value, no one actually uses them, its a currency. We dont need another one such experiment. DE made a mistake, they said sorry with Legendary cores. U15 is not a mistake, its a progress, you say they need to be sorry for progress? Right...

Forma isn't currently tradeable. So I really don't see how refunding us legendary forma is going to be an issue. People can beg all the way, DE doesn't have to suddenly make it tradeable. 

Yes, thats the most stupid idea I heard. We dont need anything legendary except legen... wait for it... dary! :D

Look what happened to Legendary cores? They are a market item with overpriced value, no one actually uses them, its a currency. We dont need another one such experiment. DE made a mistake, they said sorry with Legendary cores. U15 is not a mistake, its a progress, you say they need to be sorry for progress? Right...

Legendary cores and Legendary forma would be two completely different things. Cores are tradeable so players could expect legendary cores to be tradeable. Forma isn't tradeable. Also, legendary cores would be a way for DE to refund players both the forma and their time (as it isn't like those warframes re-level themselves).

Edit: And I'd rather not get a booster. I already have that 90 day booster. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Forma isn't currently tradeable. So I really don't see how refunding us legendary forma is going to be an issue. People can beg all the way, DE doesn't have to suddenly make it tradeable. 

Legendary cores and Legendary forma would be too completely different things. Cores are tradeable so players could expect legendary cores to be tradeable. Forma isn't tradeable. Also, legendary cores would be a way for DE to refund players both the forma and their time (as it isn't like those warframes re-level themselves).

Indeed

The numbers are just an example, since I try to make it similar to boosters. Maybe only make it 1 day? Seems to be sufficient to repolarize all of your affected frames.

Tbh though, I'm okay with the change. I only have forma'ed my warframes 1 time, and the worst I can get is that I have relevel my frame once. But even 2 times leveling doesn't seem to be a problem when you have plenty of newer content in return.

I'm just afraid that lots of people will beg for it being tradeable, because of the word 'legendary'. And when DE won't make it tradeable, lots of people will whine and rant about it being untradeable. It's better to avoid the problem in the first place. 

EDIT:

Legendary cores and Legendary forma would be too completely different things. Cores are tradeable so players could expect legendary cores to be tradeable. Forma isn't tradeable. Also, legendary cores would be a way for DE to refund players both the forma and their time (as it isn't like those warframes re-level themselves).

Okay, I guess that makes sense. 

Edited by KuroShiranui

If this Formas wont be tradeable, I dont mind. But every weakness devs shows - be it giving away Legendary Formas or lowering the price of Prime Access Cosmetics, it will only make community eager to ask for more. And giving away more free\easy to level\game breaking stuff essentially lowering the fun and ruining the game from inside.

So I`d rather think twice before asking for anything as a 'compensation for my time'

I love this game and I dont need compensation for upgrading it. I wont stop playing because of minor logic changes. As most of community, I presume.

I'm just afraid that lots of people will beg for it being tradeable, because of the word 'legendary'. And when DE won't make it tradeable, lots of people will whine and rant about it being untradeable. It's better to avoid the problem in the first place. 

My thoughts exactly!

Edited by Vicious_D

I think I would be happy with a simple 3 day affinity booster, besides those forma that will get reimbrused.

This would let me reforma that 11 warframes in which ability slots were sacrificed for some other mods (counting about 2x forma per frame gives 22 resets - it takes some time, and it already did take time, but with a booster should be quick).

Altough a legendary forma would be nice - click and reforma without the need of exping again - I don't have that much time lately to spend ingame :(

Edited by tocorro

Heres what I'm thinking:  if you give people a boster to instantly forma stuff, EVERYTHING will get forma'd.  even the formas. I would prefer to go with affinity boosters and such, so that it's easier, but not exploitable.

Forma the Forma... to make legen...wait for it... dary Forma :D

I think a legendary forma is still the way to go, as long as it becomes untradable and only works with warframes anyway. That way nobody has a way to exploit it other than to forma their frames now (which would be moot because at the end of the day the purpose of legendary forma is to prevent your frame level from resetting).

I think a legendary forma is still the way to go, as long as it becomes untradable and only works with warframes anyway. That way nobody has a way to exploit it other than to forma their frames now (which would be moot because at the end of the day the purpose of legendary forma is to prevent your frame level from resetting).

Like I said i'm concerned that people might still ask for it being tradeable, even when DE won't make it so. It's better to implement the same thing without having to bring up the word 'Legendary Forma', hopefully it'll avoid some problems in the future.

Like I said i'm concerned that people might still ask for it being tradeable

Then like any person who isn't a moron, DE can simply ignore those people.

Like any dev would.

Like you would.

Like I would.

Their stupid opinions should not be held to any form of standard.

If people come out of the woodwork crying to make them tradeable LET THEM ROT.

Legendary Forma would be easier to implement as it requires the least amount of code.

The least amount of code is do nothing and just update the game. Second best - refund NORMAL formas. End of story. Tertium non datur.

Agree for 146%

Heres what I'm thinking:  if you give people a boster to instantly forma stuff, EVERYTHING will get forma'd.  even the formas. I would prefer to go with affinity boosters and such, so that it's easier, but not exploitable.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Forma. So I forma'd your Forma so you could Forma while you Forma.

Legendary Forma would be easier to implement as it requires the least amount of code.

They dont even have to make a new icon for the item.

They can use the same "I dropped my puzzle piece in a jar of almonds" icon they already use.

Then like any person who isn't a moron, DE can simply ignore those people.

Like any dev would.

Like you would.

Like I would.

Requiring the least amount of code is one thing.

The number of players who'd whine about it is another thing.

And sure, we can simply ignore them. But wouldn't it be better if they don't stir up the term 'Legendary Forma' in the first place? From let's say, new players who would be registering post-U15? It's the same thing, just that it's not called Legendary Forma.

Not needing to make a new icon, yes. That's in line with my suggestion.

Suppose DE does implement Legendary Forma, and make it untradeable to prevent abuse. 

Some people will suggest it being tradeable, but DE as well as some players choose to ignore those people. This is thing that i'm afraid will be brought up again at a later time post-U15, by later players.

Another scenario would be: Suppose DE implement my suggestion. Making it tradeable or not, it's kinda complicating since it's simply a code change, not an item of (potential) trade unlike Legendary Forma is.

There should be no one asking for a Legendary Forma at start, because there are no Legendary Formas to begin with. People are compensated by being able to insta-polarize their frames without having to level up. And newer players will never have to bring it up again in the future. (again, hopefully still) 

And of course another scenario (which is very likely) is to not implement Legendary Forma at all, just refund all of your used Formas. But it's gonna stir up some problem where people will whine about DE wasting their time on all those polarization and leveling, moreso when said people uses affinity boosters to speed up the process.

I'm just trying to cater those who've spent time leveling up their frames by giving this suggestion to them while avoiding potential future problems. Is my suggestion not good enough?

Edited by KuroShiranui

Hmmmm

Im on the fence for this

The best thing DE could do is have players rearrange thier polarities so the two on the farthest right are the ones that go

People will likely use the legendary forma on something other than the intended frame

What you are proposing is like a time limited Legendary Forma.

What I personally think would work is for all players Warframes to have all polarities reset and formas returned.

On Warframes that have were previously forma'd they will retain their star/asterisk count, indicating how many forma polarizations can be applied without releveling.

This would ensure polarizations without leveling is only applied to Warframes that had already been releveled before the change.

Also for Warframes that may have had excessive formas applied given the new system, those formas would be able to be applied normally with leveling on another Warframe.

(A Warframe that had 8 forma pre-GU15 could repolarize 8 slots, or depolarize 3 slots and use the remaining 5 as normal forma.)

Edited post for clarity.*

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi