Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes, Orokin Cells, And Argon Crytals, Are Those A Myth?

HoakinBlackforge

i hardly ever have to worry about such things, because I enjoy playing survival. And since I play that a lot It rarely happens I'm out of a specific resource.

The last time was when I was building several prime gear in a row, OC go like hot cakes when building prime gear. Then I just HAVE FUN playing the actual game, and whadaya know I got OC again.

Personally, I find that if you don't eyeball one thing, it gets so much more enjoyable to play. Banging your head against an RNG wall leaves a sore head. So rather then that just play ball.

Edited by Lynxh

Argon crystals are rare?

I always seem to have around 6 at all times and I don't go into the void to often. Just open every locker you can find and try and find them treasure rooms.

I also don't find neurodes or cells to hard to get either.

I find excavation on earth seems to give at least 1 neurode pretty reliably before you hit a 1000 points.

I havn't bothered figuring out good places to farm cells because I always seem to have 20 or so lying around. 

Oddly enough I can't get forma to save my life.

RNG clearly only only wants me to have rare materials.

Play T1 Defs. You're surely to get them before wave 20. I have 26 Forma BP

No matter what you think, this is the way the game is created, its kind of a wall to climb sometimes, but you can stay in a T1 Surv for 30 min, and there ya go at least ONE Argon Crystal, if not three. The way you play the game is farming all the time. But why would you NOT do the same thing over and over again. That is how almost the entire game?

Tried that but still pretty unlucky.

Its probably less of a problem of where to farm forma and more just a question of RNG being a knobjockey.

Simply ignore what you need and play the game for fun. After some time you will realize that you have abundance of materials that you previously needed.

Yeah, the drop rates for some resources seem really low these days. However, don't focus on specifically farming them, as you can burn yourself out and ruin the game for yourself. Farm for a bit (preferably with friends), then try something else.

Neurodes and Orokin Cells both drop relatively often from Lephantis, as he has 4 chances to drop them. I general, I get 1 of each per run (sometimes more, sometimes none). While there might be faster ways to get them, this is a fairly consistent way, and it can kill two birds with one stone. Actually, all missions in Orokin Derelicts spawn plenty of Infested (so lots of drops), and a lot of containers/lockers are around. If you don't mind killing some Infested (but don't want to deal with Lephy), maybe try running any OD missions and exploring all the loot rooms.

For OC specifically, Kiste, a Mobile Defense on Ceres, drops them somewhat often (and spawns 3 Prosecutors per mission). It's also affinity heaven, so maybe bring along some friends and a weapon to level.

For Neurodes...I'm not sure, really. Cambria, Earth is a fairly common farming area, and there are usually people there going for Tranquil Cleave too. It's pretty easy to find a Nekros there, or one might be interested in it.

Argon Crystals are a bit trickier. I tend to just run Void Capture missions of any difficulty, and I make sure to loot all I can and destroy all containers. This on average gets a grand total of about 1 per run. Given their finicky nature and low drop rate, containers just seem to drop them more often than enemies.

I'm not sure how much tweaking the resource drop table will be getting in the near future, but let's hope it gets (or has already gotten) checked over with U15.

Excavate on earth with a carrier for neurodes.  Stay long enough for three keys and you'll have at least a few.  Has well over 100+ now just from playing that type.

Now if only there was an Excavate on a planet with Orokin cells.  Best best is boss of saturn or survival with a nekros

Crystals.... Void... with a nekros... You can really do it with almost any mission as long as you

Take your time & Kill everything.

I have the best of luck getting them with Survival and Mobile Defense, and ok luck with Defense.

The amount of grinding you have to do for mastery ranks through weapons and warframes far surpasses the grind you need for materials.

Just get everything you currently own to 30 using missions that drop the materials you want, and you should be swimming in everything but Argon Crystals (Cause they disappear).

If you're new to the game I can understand the grind for materials; I helped a friend I introduced to the game just yesterday by taking him to various Dark Sector missions to grind for materials, which didn't take too long altogether. If you spend 15 minutes of your time in a Defense or Survival mission you're sure to get at least one of the rare resource you want, probably more if you're efficient and have a Nekros.

Edited by Draciusen

I have just come back from a orokin capture mission, right after capturing the targets, i explored the entire map, looted EVERY last place (even the parkour challenge, with a zephyr lol).

No any crystal dropped, this is what i mean.

Argon Crystal dropping works best in killing masses of enemies.

Due to it's low chance of dropping, it is preferred if you kill sh1t load of enemies.

The most i get is from T3 defence or T3 survival typically netting 1 to 3 per 40 minute run (the runs i can safely trust pubs to pull it off while I use my Nekros).

Be happy it's not Destiny. In that game you kill a boss, you only have a chance of getting a reward, good or bad. You could end up with nothing. Be happy you end up with something. Just play on Eris a lot. Or stop looking for them. When you aren't looking for a resource, you get them much more frequently.

The problem with Neurodes is that you need them for too many things. Weapons, Forma, Reactors, ALL cosmetic helmets, and a TON of dojo decorations.

At least Neural Sensors are only used once when crafting Warframes, and very few other things. Orokin cells are used in more things, but they are WAY easier to get than Neurodes. So unless you're crafting Prime weapons 24/7, you should be able to get Orokin cells at a decent rate without much effort.

Neurodes, though? Awful. I hope they add bosses to Earth and Eris so we can farm them there more easily.

I used to think Neurodes were impossible to get consistently til I realized running Lephantis is completely worth it.

He drops both Orokin Cells AND Neurodes. Make a batch of keys over the course of a day while grinding for the two you need of those somewhere else, reward yourself with usually at least one of either/or per key.

Very rarely will you get nanospores and mutagen samples for all four drops but it can happen.

I'm actually contemplating on refarming and leveling Nova again, I deleted her. Just for Lephantis runs. Slow Molecular Prime makes that boss a serious joke and it'd be simple with just one weapon and that to make him die in less than maybe 2 minutes solo?

If you need Neurodes, Lephantis pretty much hands them out. You have 4 really good chances per run for a Neurode or Orokin Cell.

We still need a planet boss that drops Neurodes. It's ridiculous we don't have one.

My friend and I have had recent luck on Tikal, Earth. It is a DS Excavation. Pretty fun with how hectic it can get, and low enough level you can go for a while. I am also currently farming beacon for Vay Hek, and Cere has never let me down on Orokin Cells. I get at least one a run on Kiste.