Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes, Orokin Cells, And Argon Crytals, Are Those A Myth?

HoakinBlackforge

But its stupid that you have to play on survival and defense only to get higher chances, and NO IM NOT STAYING HOURS FOR A SINGLE DROP.

This is not how you play the game. For fucks sake.

WTF are you talking about? i farm my argon crystals from exterminate 1, and cap 1...

Generally speaking, if you run out of a resource that you need I have to wonder what you were doing before you needed it that prevented you from dovetailing the goals.  It's not like it's a secret you're going to need OCs or Neurodes.  When you're leveling that weapon, take a look an your inventory, figure out what you're low on, and level your weapon on a planet that drops it.

Doesn't work quite so well for Argon, but Argon is pretty easy to obtain.  Bring a loot radar to the void, open all containers and lockers.  It's one of the few places in the game you that actually helps, but it helps quite a bit.

For other resources, don't play higher wave or longer missions in survival.  The very first light enemy you see has the exact same chance of dropping a rare resource as the heavy you run into 30 minutes later who's 40 levels higher.  Kill in mass, and leave when you can't do that efficiently.

By and large though, simple rule of everything in Warframe:  "Plan 2 steps ahead."  Here, this means "Don't wait until you need a resource to farm it, as you'll just end up frustrated.  Plan ahead and have reserves."

Be happy it's not Destiny. In that game you kill a boss, you only have a chance of getting a reward, good or bad. You could end up with nothing. Be happy you end up with something. Just play on Eris a lot. Or stop looking for them. When you aren't looking for a resource, you get them much more frequently.

Do bosses always drop cells? if not, then it's exactly like Destiny for Cells and any other time you search for. A random mod or random resource or random both won't cut it.

Reward or not.

And do Destiny bosses drop parts for a weapon or blueprint parts?

Edited by Jinryusai

Generally speaking, if you run out of a resource that you need I have to wonder what you were doing before you needed it that prevented you from dovetailing the goals.  It's not like it's a secret you're going to need OCs or Neurodes.  When you're leveling that weapon, take a look an your inventory, figure out what you're low on, and level your weapon on a planet that drops it.

Doesn't work quite so well for Argon, but Argon is pretty easy to obtain.  Bring a loot radar to the void, open all containers and lockers.  It's one of the few places in the game you that actually helps, but it helps quite a bit.

For other resources, don't play higher wave or longer missions in survival.  The very first light enemy you see has the exact same chance of dropping a rare resource as the heavy you run into 30 minutes later who's 40 levels higher.  Kill in mass, and leave when you can't do that efficiently.

By and large though, simple rule of everything in Warframe:  "Plan 2 steps ahead."  Here, this means "Don't wait until you need a resource to farm it, as you'll just end up frustrated.  Plan ahead and have reserves."

Dude you are giving away the secrets to playing the resource game man!! 

Um people please move along nothing to see in the above post.  That guy is crazy, come on now, plan ahead, search containers, this is all crazy talk, just keep rushing through levels like most of you normally do, that rare resource will drop for you in 3-4 more runs of rushing I am sure of it. 

Phorid doesnt drop anymore, that was a bug.

Phorid still drops Argon Crystals for me though, dunno about anybody else, even at this time. I usually end up like 6 or 7 Argons from him, even when taking my time.

Stuff I farm for those, even when RNG is kicking in -

Neurodes - Eris, Orokin Derelict, or at EXTREME rare time, Earth

Orokin Cells - Sargus Ruk (if you're patient enough) or Lech Kril (if you have any punch through mods, it'll be much more quicker)

Argon Crystals - Void or Phorid