Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Prime Weapons Are Really Bad.

Innocent_Flower

Old prime weapons are weaker than most new prime weapons. 

Boltor prime Is as strong as the boar at short range, but isn't capped at short range. The Paris prime does more damage per shot than the boltor prime but the boltor P does enough damage to instakill t4 opponents anyway and it's firerate is significantly higher. Thus the boltor is both easier to use and significantly more deadly than the Paris. The boltor prime truly outclasses every other prime primary. I've actualy noticed That as I see more Boltor players I see less that the soma is becoming less common and perhaps phased out by this far superior boltor. 

Tiberon, a tenno weapon, is about equal to burston prime. Meaning that should a Tiberon prime come into play it'd be head and shoulders above the burston. 

The braton prime is a mid tier assault rifle that's worse than common rifles such as the karak or Soma. 

The Reaper prime is like the braton in that it's a mid teir weapon with a horribly high crafting requirement. It's easily the worst slash based prime. Realy the Reaper prime should be comparable to the Scindo prime. It isn't. 

The sicarus is a bad weapon compared to the other prime secondaries. It feels a lot better than the original and has a delightful reload animation... but it just isn't anywhere near as good as the lex or hikou. The bronco on the other hand doesn't feel much better than the original and thus the amount of people who craft bronco prime is going to be low. 

Fist weapons are bad. Nobody cares about the ankyros. Bo for lyf. 

Zoren and tigris for next prime weapons? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

You are wrong about Paris Prime being weaker than Boltor Prime in T4. When enemy gets to level 40 heavy units start to consume too much ammo while Paris Prime will 1 shot every gunner until level 100 without Nova, Rhino or Banshee. As example I had Banshee on my team yesterday and My Paris Prime did 885k Crit. And on Normal shots 50k least on average. Boltor falls of....Paris does not. Also if you are skilled enough to use Paris Prime properly you will never use Boltor again as I do.

Also Burston and Braton are starting weapons so saying their primes must be better than Soma or Karak is not right. Smae goes to sicarus

Edited by Zarlockk

It doesn't matter that the original sucks. These are orokin weapons. You spend up to 10 cells and grind four parts from the void for what's mentioned here. Having an "ok" weapon for ten Cells is unacceptable. There's no fun  to accumulate 10-15 cells and the corrupted ain't exactly an interesting enemy so fighting them repeatedly is pretty miserable. . If I'm going to spend that much effort I should get more than just an average weapon with gold. 

Braton- About equal with easy to obtain low rank weapons like the karak. 

Reaper- Slow. Low damage. average reach. Low crit, low status. Now look at the scindo (five cells more, but less parts to acquire) 0.1 of a second slower and with 30% more damage. Orthos is better... 

Akyros- Fist weapon. Ha. It's an impact weapon but Bo prime better. 

Bronco and sicarus are far inferior to hikou and lex. 

Relating to boltor prime

Boar does as much damage as the boltor prime at a short range. However boltor prime is not limited to short range. 

Paris instakills it's targets. Boltor instakills it's targets and has a higher rate of fire meaning more insta-killing. You do get to a stage where heavies take 3/4 shots to kill with the boltor... but that's generaly quicker and easier than fully drawing the bow and ensuring accurate aim. 

The latron does more DPS if you constantly get headshots. Who does that? With the boltor you can kill any light enemy in one shot to anywhere; and you've got enough firerate to not worry about accuracy. You can use the boltor as a single shot sniper. The only real advantage the Latron has is the hitscan.. and It's a small one. 

The burston 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I still don't get why people have such a hate-on for the braton prime. I have a 4 forma build on it and let me tell you it does the work. In addition to having good damage, it cuts up enemies that it kills, making it awesome if you want to farm resources, mods, or run sirvival.

Reaper and Ankyros Prime isn't that bad, I wouldn't rate them as "ok" weapons. Reaper actually swings quite fast with a max Fury installed and Ankyros Prime is a lot more devastating with Seismic Palm and it has two polarities. And don't compare swing speed of two different weapon categories, a 0.9 dagger swings faster than 1.0 greatsword.

Bronco Prime from what I know is an alternative to Brakk with the advantage of no damage falloff.

I do agree that Sicarus Prime is sorta bad, but you can't really expect all the weapons to have +25% status or +25% crit with +60 base damage.

While I can't say I agree with a lot of this, the only thing I plan on addressing is that Akbronco Prime and Boar Prime are pure status machines (and deal some pretty darn heavy damage). Also, I find Boltor Prime to be really overrated (in other words, I'm not a fan of it), and I expect some hostility regarding that.

I still don't get why people have such a hate-on for the braton prime. I have a 4 forma build on it and let me tell you it does the work. In addition to having good damage, it cuts up enemies that it kills, making it awesome if you want to farm resources, mods, or run sirvival.

oh and this guy speaks the truth ^

the Bronco prime is on parr, if not stronger then the brakk in terms of base damage (i think its like 175 for the brakk and 185 on the bronco P)

the Akbronco prime is possibly the strongest Prime side arm imo, the build im using has a 99.7% stat chance with Super high damage + ammo effency and lets not forget, this handcannon dose not have any fall off damage. compared to the lexP or hikouP, the AkbroncoP has supiror ammo effencincey, + the ability to damage multiple of mobs from afar, which both the LexP + HikouP have problems with

man , as a both Latron AND buston prime player , (who use the paris prime too btw) I'll tell you it's all a matter of feelings , yeah boltor is powerfull but it don't suit me well , I hate the "Prey and Spray weapon, plus you don't talk about main advantages of the latron P : Status chance, and trust me it's very important 

Your trhead is also ... Weird, copared those weapon is like compared a FN M249 , a M 14 socom  and a Spas12. they all have advantages and disadvantages , it's all a manner a play style . 

Latron p is better than latron , burston P better than busrton , Boar P is now the Only available Boar cause the bp was remove , and boltor P is more powerfull than boltor. yes they dont to the same, cause they are not boltor , remember you are talking about a weapon with time travel ammo and a predefine range . so yes it could be "good" but firstly  this weapon is not ammo efficient (in my opinion) and I prefer skill than just pressing my left mouse pad button and covering the whole area with stinger , 

I do agree that Sicarus Prime is sorta bad, but you can't really expect all the weapons to have +25% status or +25% crit with +60 base damage.

have you tried a multishot build with it ? it's quite efficient and you'll transform anything in a strainer , just use to oneshot peoples in pvp with, and it's quite usefull in hl mission too 

Edited by ShinigamiZack

Simply because it's a prime. If a new prime came out tomorrow and after farming like a madman I realized it's no better than a Vulkar I'd be right to be annoyed. The more effort something requires the larger the reward should be.

this thread isn't going anywhere.....prime weapons are good, you just need to know how/when you use them

almost all of these are good and I have them all, reaper was so-so, latron p is my main weapon....7 forma, boar is my PvP weapon, I still have ankyros p even though everyone who sees me use them say "man...that guy is so naive......why doesn't he use bo p" and I answer them with "because I LIKE it and It's FUN" though ppl seems to forget about that
the braton p isn't the best...I know that, but I like and respect it, have 5 forma on mine and it's pretty darn good, if it's get a buff then I'd welcome it with an open heart, if it doesn't, well, I'll still love it 

I don't have burston, bronco or sicarus though I'm pretty dam sure good too

if you keep comparing  to boltor p then just keep playing it, we like out weapons as they are and love them....for me, 'd die before I get that OP weapon 

Edited by Kenshin98

Lets look at stats.

Braton Prime upgrades vs. Boltor Prime upgrades.

Braton vs. Prime

Damage: 20 vs. 25.1

Status Chance: 5 vs. 10

Firerate: Same

Crit Chance: Same

Crit Damage: Same

Accuracy: Same

Capacity: 45 vs. 50

Reload: 2 vs. 2.2

Boltor vs. Prime

Damage: 25 vs. 55

Status Chance: Same

Firerate: 8.8 vs. 10

Crit Chance: Same

Crit Damage: 150 vs. 200

Accuracy: 25 vs. 50

Capacity: Same

Reload: 2.6 vs. 2.4

Braton Prime has 5.1 more damage, double status chance, five more magazine capacity, and longer reload than Braton??!

Boltor Prime has more than double damage, double accuracy (heavy cal), more crit damage, shorter reload, and more firerate than Boltor.

WTF. THIS MAKES NO SENSE. BRATON PRIME IS NO BETTER THAN KARAK. BOLTOR PRIME IS MORE THAN DOUBLE OF BOLTOR.

Realistically, if the same upgrades were for the Braton Prime, then it will have:

Damage: 44

Firerate: 10

Accuracy: 57.2

Crit Damage: 200

Reload: 1.8

I really love the Latron, the Burston and the Sicarus, formaed them lots of times, pretty nice and funny weapons. But then the Tiberon came out, and the Burston was outclassed by its massive Damage...

The Reaper is terrible, in comparision with the other primes. I think that Scythes should be reworked a bit.

The Braton and the Latron are pretty good, though

Just out of curiosity Braton Prime users, what builds do you use?

here's mine, I only use it with infested so you can just remove the anti infested mods and put some ele dmg mods 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton_prime/t_30_22232000_132-2-5-137-1-10-140-4-5-150-0-10-153-5-2-159-7-5-163-6-3-361-3-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-361-6-140-5-153-8-163-9-159-9/en/2-0-3/31238/0

Are you implying that the Orokin Empire made crappy weapons?

Who says that every Orokin weapon has to be the best (or if not, very, very good)? 

While it is true that the Orokin Empire is very advanced, that does not mean that they would not have made crappy weapons down the road. 

But anyways, the Braton Prime should deserve a few buffs.