Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Prime Weapons Are Really Bad.

Innocent_Flower

Ah, a valid statement.  You're dangerously close to realizing why I said what I said. 

If all the Primes are X% more effective at their series purpose than the non-primes in that particular series, then you start noticing trends in weapon strengths, weaknesses and imbalances based on usage.  At that point, a person could say "Oh the Paris series are way more used than the Burston and Braton series of weapons.  Maybe we should look at why".  

As examples of a series of weapons:

- Paris, Dread, Cernos, Paris Prime in the Paris Series.

- Karak, MK-1 Braton, Braton Standard, Braton Vandal, Braton Prime in the Braton series.

- Burston, Burston Prime in the Burston Series. 

It cuts out a lot of number crunching when you can compare entire series of weapons to each other rather than having to compare each and every single weapon to each other to find out which ones need love the most.  In this way, you dont always have to balance one weapon at a time (which will always fail), you can make balancing passes on the entire series at once. 

An Idea. 

All Orokin weapons are equaly good. All tenno weapons are equaly good (in general, they can be better than eachother for different enemies, but overall should be pretty similar  (the exceptions like dex or dragon will be better). Items common to tenno that aren't tenno can be left out. Grineer and corpus items are free to be all over the place... But there is no "cheap mass production" for tenno. 

The standard braton is an outdated corpus weapon. The burston.. It's not tenno. 

Anyhow. If DE can ballance orokin weapons against themselves; They're doing well. If they can do tenno weapons too then they're pretty much there when it comes to great weapon balance. 

"If you think a weapon is too powerful; don't use it" is never a valid excuse. It doesn't stop your teammates from being significantly more powerful than you (The boltor prime is incredibly popular for the void) But it also encourages things like T4 void (which never would have happened had we not the imbalance to ask for it) 

Are you implying that the Orokin Empire made crappy weapons?

You are referring to the 'Ornamental Weapons' not being as useful in combat, correct?

Weapons made for display performing better than weapons actually made for combat, has me scratching my head.

(If a decoration is better than an actual weapon equivalent it is, in my opinion, OP!)