Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Gaming Headphones

Dark5eiD

Question

Hey Guys

so my heaphones recently crapped out. i am wondering what is your fav headphone to use and why?. i use mine all day at work listening to  music and warframe at night. i am easily distracted so i use headphones that cover the ear and prefer some degree of noise canceling. i want mic built in and obviously great sound and great bass. all of my wired headphones i have purchased in the past have been excellent but they all broke connectivity as in the wire coming out of the headphone would bend or lose connection. this wrapped in not wanting to spend $300 makes this a bit of a task and i value the communities opinion. thanks

13 answers to this question

I'm using Sennheister HD 201 right now, pretty cheap ones (around 50-75 bucks).

Have some noise cancelling (not that amazing), cover the whole ear, don't hurt because they cover them and don't press down on them (unlike these previous cheap but greatly noise cancelling chinese headphones I had; AKG K518DJ, they gave my ears wounds over the weeks).

I'd use an external mic personally if I was into people listening to me all day.

Whenever the noise cancelling doesn't suffice because my neighbours are on their period or something I'll just plug in my silicon based, perfectly fitted to my ears, plugs and then put on my heaphones and I can still hear everything from the headphones but nothing else at all xD Best 175$ spent in a while, sleep well even if you live in a carton box house.

Edited by scavenge

I have a Razer Carcharias . They're pretty good, but the in line mic switch (meant to toggle the mic on/off) doesn't seem to do anything. Before that I had a Turtle Beach X-12 I think. I was pretty happy with it but it crapped out after about a year of near daily use. These days I just use my iPhone earbuds because I am a college student and it is a pain to deal with such a bulky headset. 

Edited by Imaru12

Im currently using the ASTRO A50 and loving it, it being wireless, having crystal clear voice and deep bass. that might be out of your price range though.

Razer Carcharias, like someone posted above, is a great headset for low cost (bought two of those)

Edited by Adaptor-Face

Currently, I have these: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398648304&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+gaming+headset+with+microphone

They are noise canceling, surround sound headphones with a built in mic. The on-board macro buttons were mainly why I bought them but they are lovely for gaming and have decent mic quality. For what you are using them for(music and WF, with minimal mic usage) they should work fine. I've had mine around 3-4 months now and they haven't even slightly broken.

Well, I don't use a mic, and I'm not exactly an audiophile, but wanted to give my two cents anyway. I have used the Panasonic RP-HT357 for around two years now, the sound is good, nice bass, they cover the ears, are comfortable to wear for hours on end, and are as solid as they get: I lost count of how many times I dropped them from 1.5 meters to the ground and they still work like the first day.

do any of you guys use bluetooth headphones ? i know people that do, but i look at it as a lot less quality trade off for no wire convenience. but the wire seems to be my problem as i am packing up my pc and headphone to go to work and when i get to work daily.

I have several headphones that I use, but presently for gaming I'm mostly using the Audiotechnica AD700 open cans. They have a freakishly broad soundstage that does well with positional audio. I can also hear the pizza guy knock on the door with them on.

If I decide I want more isolation, the nod goes to the Audiotechnica A900. These are closed cans and mostly prefer them for music or movies, but they do well for gaming if isolation is important.

I use a Logitech desktop mic if voicecom is needed.

I've been considering the Turtle Beach 500X for the XB1 for a gaming headset. Not a sure thing, but...interesting. Waiting for release and some reviews. I don't care about wireless for PC gaming (you're stuck at a desk regardless), but for the XB1 this is a thing.