Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angstrum Reduces Ammo For Sniper/launcher Weapons

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

When I equip the Vectis and the Angstrum, since they both use sniper ammo with the latest update, when I switch from the Vectis to the Angstrum, the amount of Vectis ammo I have drops to 30.  

To clarify: I start a mission with Vectis equipped and have a max of 72 rounds (71 + 1 in the chamber).  As soon as I switch over to the Angstrum, my ammo max for both weapons is 30.  If I fire off a fully-charged Angstrum shot (3 rounds), both the Angstrum and the Vectis use 3 rounds, so I'll go from 30 to 27 for both weapons.

I understand the nature of this bug: since launchers and snipers pull from the same pool of ammo, the game only assumes you'll have one of each type equipped.  Since you guys made a pocket grenade launcher, no one anticipated bringing a sniper and launcher into battle simultaneously.

Please resolve this as soon as possible.  I sometimes forget to equip a different secondary with my Vectis equipped, and then I cripple my max ammo for the rest of a mission.

Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

Not a bug

... Wait, what?

Ah, whatever. The important thing is that something gets done about it. This isn't Team Fortress 2; sharing ammo between two already-inefficient weapons (like the Shortstop and the Pistols for Scout) isn't a good balancing factor since we don't die and respawn very often, and we don't instantly replenish half of our ammo every time we walk over an ammo box or a dropped weapon. Warframe missions take too long (with too few player deaths) for a mechanic like this to go well.

"Not a bug" probably means "the code is doing exactly what we told it to do - we understand why this effect happens, and there is nothing broken as far as the coding is concerned".

"Definitely an issue with the Ansgstrum" probably means "whoopsie-doopsie, we didn't think of that when we wrote the code - which, again, does exactly what it's supposed to do".

"Not a bug" probably means "the code is doing exactly what we told it to do - we understand why this effect happens, and there is nothing broken as far as the coding is concerned".

"Definitely an issue with the Ansgstrum" probably means "whoopsie-doopsie, we didn't think of that when we wrote the code - which, again, does exactly what it's supposed to do".

Exactly. You're right, Dhrekr.  It's an issue with the design, not the code (hence the move to feedback). It isn't a bug that can be fixed by adjusting some broken code. 

It's not a bug, it's a feature?

It's not a feature. It is unintended but by strict definition that doesn't make it a 'bug'. 

A bug is where the code isn't doing what it is supposed to do. This is a problem in the design of the interaction of snipers and secondary launchers. It can't just be fixed by fixing the coding. 

I had already reported this a long time ago (August). Check this thread ----> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290105-angstrum-lanka-issue/#entry3319727

And this from BrazilianJoe -------> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290018-1421-weapon-ammo-rebalance-bug-lowest-max-ammo-is-used-for-all-wepons-using-that-ammo/

Edited by ANGUS_ITA

I think what's happening is since the Angstrum AND the Vectis both draw from the same ammo pool (sniper) switching to the Angstrum causes the game to say "Oh you have more max ammo than this weapon can have.  You're not supposed to have that much ammo." *takes extra ammo away*

As such you now have the max ammo allowed for your angstrum.  It doesn't get restored when you switch because both weapons draw from the same ammo pool.

To fix this DE needs to make it so that launchers don't use sniper ammo, but rather make it so that they use a special pool similar to how bows use arrow ammo.

In a proper beta this issue would have been put high on priority list and probably fixed within the first month after the first reports came in...

Theres always other Betas to play. Nobody is holding you down and forcing you to play Warframe O_o

Exactly. You're right, Dhrekr.  It's an issue with the design, not the code (hence the move to feedback). It isn't a bug that can be fixed by adjusting some broken code. 

how about put launcher ammo to the code :)

i think it will solve the problem ^^

launcher need love!!!!!! give some hugs please....

Edited by --Q--Gasz

how about put launcher ammo to the code :)

i think it will solve the problem ^^

launcher need love!!!!!! give some hugs please....

While launcher ammo is the ideal solution it does cause another issue in that it dilutes the ammo drops more, indirectly causing each other ammo drop to become rarer. Whether this is a major issue remains to be seen but its something to consider.

To fix this DE needs to make it so that launchers don't use sniper ammo, but rather make it so that they use a special pool similar to how bows use arrow ammo.

Arrow ammo is just a renamed sniper ammo, it's not actually a different ammo type.

This bug occurs even if you equip a bow instead of a sniper rifle.