Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lopsided Invasion Rewards - Please Stop Doing This

Badshen

This has happened to me 3 times now, where I have been playing and there has been an invasion notification with either an orokin reactor/catalyst reward on one side and some measly pile of credits on the other side.  Obviously, everyone flocks to the catalyst/reactor side and the invasion is over in barely enough time to get 5 missions in, or not even enough time to get 5 missions in.

Don't get me wrong - I always love the opportunity to pick up a new catalyst or reactor blueprint and I am not campaigning for these invasion rewards to go away.  All that I'm asking is that instead of there being these lopsided invasion missions that FLY by (the one today lasted ~35 minutes) would it be possible to please put up invasion missions where the rewards were a catalyst for one side and a reactor for the other side?  It is very frustrating to be trying to cram 5 missions in as quickly as possible and still end up not being able to finish the 5th mission before the invasion is over and therefore get shafted on the mission reward.

I think by offering up a more balanced reward scenario, those particular invasion missions would be much more balanced and would let a lot more people participate in the event. 

This actually is a problem I can get behind the OP with.

These invasions are over in moments because the entire community flocks to them and you don't even get the time to run the full five you need even assuming you were there when the invasion started.  I got to 3/5 before it was zeroed out.

I'm all for Invasions having rare rewards like potato blueprints but then they need to last longer.

Meh, it is not that obvious, i no longer have a need for most resources (need them poly bundles always to keep my stock of restores, but rares i have tons of).  Depending on whats going on i will go against the rare resource drop, or go for G3 or Zanuka coming after me. I think the randomness of it is fine.

RNG is RNG, except the time allowed, I don't really have an issue with it.  Invasions with potato rewards could have a little more 'health' (not sure what else to call it) so that it lasts longer.  But of course when we get a reward like that it will go quick, who the hell would choose credits over a potato, but I also don't have an issue with this in a way its almost realistic, one side pays better so you go with them.  There is also a huge problem if you let it last to long, they end up giving out to many free potatoes.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I still have a few orokin catalyst/reactor, but i still bothered with the invasion only to find it finished before I complete the 5 missions required to get the reward. I know how it can be frustrating for putting effort into something and it vanishing in an instant. 

Agreed Silver Eagle, there are several ways to skin this cat, all I'm asking is that DE put a little bit of attention on it, it seems like it would be something that would be fairly simple to implement and might help everyone out.

It's been Bull-do-do for awhile now. Nobody wants to run 5 missions for 1 Orokin Cell. Nobody wants to run 4 missions for a Orokin Cat/Reactor only to have the mission end. These have been problems for weeks if not months.

Uh... try a year. This sort of problem has been around for a loooooong time.

It's been Bull-do-do for awhile now. Nobody wants to run 5 missions for 1 Orokin Cell. Nobody wants to run 4 missions for a Orokin Cat/Reactor only to have the mission end. These have been problems for weeks if not months.

Funny I thought it was over a year already :P

EDIT: Not to mention I only dared to do the last mission with a pug instead of solo because there is always some nutjob that wastes time opening lockers in a potato invasion. I started when it was 35% and ended when it was below zero... thank every deity out there I managed to get in for the last one.

But yeah, it's awful.

Edited by Guest

With the coming update, maybe the 5 missions in a row will become "5 ships in a row" that you can do in separate missions if you want, or in he same mission, going from one ship to another with Archwings. See how immersive this would be ?

I can't stop thinking of that sorry.

In any case, I've always been against the idea of a mission you must repeat over and over. A longer mission (even if it's optional) would fit better.

Edited by Lluid

would it be possible to please put up invasion missions where the rewards were a catalyst for one side and a reactor for the other side?

I swear this used to happen almost all of the time. I remember repeatedly having to vote with my clan on whether we wanted to run for the catalyst or the reactor based on what the majority wanted.

I have no idea if the algorithm changed or what but I haven't seen this at all recently. I seem to recall hearing they implemented a system that tilted the rewards towards one side or the other to combat choking one faction off of the map (iirc the corpus were getting increasingly close to being exterminated from the solar system when invasions initially returned? ). Maybe that system is the reason we have these massively one sided alerts instead of the balanced reactor vs catalyst ones we used to have?

Edited by DrFail

This was a problem at the beginning of the The Gradivus Dilemma, where they introduced these invasions last October. The Grineer took a commanding lead due to their early choice of rewards (Catalyst, Cells, Mutagen Mass, Fieldron compared to Corpus credits) which led them to win 17 out of 22 battles.

It really does suck to run four missions and not be able to complete the fifth in time for the reward. If they are doing it to balance the map out then they should run Catalyst on the side they want to win and Reactor on the other side. Catalyst are generally more wanted but there should be enough people who want Reactors to give additional time.

Edited by Lypiphera

With the coming update, maybe the 5 missions in a row will become "5 ships in a row" that you can do in separate missions if you want, or in he same mission, going from one ship to another with Archwings. See how immersive this would be ?

That's actually a good idea: using Archwings to fix old problems while making it more immersive.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered