Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeroy Jenkins Disorder

FaerieBanshee

My Warframe battle-buddies have had enough. I am incurable. There is no remedy.

The issue?

I suffer from Leeroy Jenkins disorder.

"What is that?", you may ask. Well, to put it simply, you charge ahead where no sane person would be willing to tread. Your logical mind understands that charging into a room filled with high level enemies when you have no energy and a squishy frame is a bad idea. Your body understands that. Your soul understands that. But... YOU DO IT ANYWAY.

This is shortly followed by you being incapacitated within a few microseconds. See that Ancient Disruptor over there? Or that Corpus Tech in the corner? Or even that lowly Butcher behind you? Yeah... THEY GOT YOU GOOD. And you knew it was going to happen. The second you opened that door. Duck and cover with gunfire? Pah, that's for casuals. Charging straight in with the intention of meleeing that Toxic Ancient Eximus surrounded by a bazillion infested is the dumbest thing you've ever heard of. But, you did it. And you failed miserably. You're on the ground. Your friends desperately try to save you. One by one, they fall.

Your friends are understandably annoyed at you after you failed that mission. Angry, even. Understandable, really. Because it was the 1295th time you've done that. They've lost so many revives. Not because they were careless. Because they were trying to save your &#!. Your logical mind understands. You won't do it again.

You're running down a corridor. Your friends are way behind you again. You carefully check what's on the other side of that door at the end of the corridor. There's 20+ Napalms and Bombadiers waiting for you with a sizeable retinue of mooks to cover them. You know what to do. Snipe them off. Nuke them with your powers. Be clever and logical. You can do it.

But you don't.

And so the vicious cycle continues.

This is Leeroy Jenkins Disorder. Please donate 200 nano spores. You can make a difference to those who need it.

liek if u cri errytiem

Ahhh Leeroy Jenkins Disorder, I have that too :3 Meleeing Phorid when it was still in Naeglar and I wasn't even a Rhino, guess how many times my friends had to revive me.

And also melee Lephantis

and Stalker

and G3

But as the great Hawkeye Gough once said "What is bravery without a dash of recklessness."

TAKE MY 100K NANO SPORES

Whenever I see a Grineer heavy or Infested Ancient, I feel this irresistible urge to just run in and give them a jump slide kick to the face.

In City of Heroes a similar condition was known as Scrapperlock.  Where (usually) the DPS melee types (Scrappers) would just attack relentlessly with no regard to the safety of self or team.  Kind of an "in the zone" mindset that happens even in Warframe, especially in survivals.   You get a rather murderous rhythm going and it just takes over.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

My Warframe battle-buddies have had enough. I am incurable. There is no remedy.

The issue?

I suffer from Leeroy Jenkins disorder.

"What is that?", you may ask. Well, to put it simply, you charge ahead where no sane person would be willing to tread. Your logical mind understands that charging into a room filled with high level enemies when you have no energy and a squishy frame is a bad idea. Your body understands that. Your soul understands that. But... YOU DO IT ANYWAY.

This is shortly followed by you being incapacitated within a few microseconds. See that Ancient Disruptor over there? Or that Corpus Tech in the corner? Or even that lowly Butcher behind you? Yeah... THEY GOT YOU GOOD. And you knew it was going to happen. The second you opened that door. Duck and cover with gunfire? Pah, that's for casuals. Charging straight in with the intention of meleeing that Toxic Ancient Eximus surrounded by a bazillion infested is the dumbest thing you've ever heard of. But, you did it. And you failed miserably. You're on the ground. Your friends desperately try to save you. One by one, they fall.

Your friends are understandably annoyed at you after you failed that mission. Angry, even. Understandable, really. Because it was the 1295th time you've done that. They've lost so many revives. Not because they were careless. Because they were trying to save your @$$. Your logical mind understands. You won't do it again.

You're running down a corridor. Your friends are way behind you again. You carefully check what's on the other side of that door at the end of the corridor. There's 20+ Napalms and Bombadiers waiting for you with a sizeable retinue of mooks to cover them. You know what to do. Snipe them off. Nuke them with your powers. Be clever and logical. You can do it.

But you don't.

And so the vicious cycle continues.

This is Leeroy Jenkins Disorder. Please donate 200 nano spores. You can make a difference to those who need it.

liek if u cri errytiem

See you go in all Leeeeeeroy Jenkins, and get incapacitated.

See with me I go in all AFRONEY!!!!!, wrekt face and only have my shields drop, and have to rez my team.