Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like The Supra Should Be "better" Than It Currently Is

Nira

And you really support that idea of completely ignoring the old weapons and rather focus on the newly released weapons? Are you out of your mind? The other weapons still exist, and have all reason to be useable. Latron got buffed in update 12, and it existed since the very beginning. I know they did it for the prime weapon, but even the prime weapon was released 4 updates earlier than it got buffed, update 8. Its about fkin time they bring some balance to their weapons.

Once again, I'm just giving the pragmatic answer. The Latron buff was just a number tweak, which is a miniscule amount of effort compared to a weapon-function overhaul. In fact, the Supra has already received several tweaks to various numbers in it's stats over the past year. Most changes to other weapons have also been part of "blanket changes" to entire families of weapons, not devoted attention to just ONE weapon.

I really can't think of any weapon where they specifically reworked it's functionality after releasing it, not on a fundamental level. It's just not worth their time. Any improvements to be done are better (ei more of a financial gain) rolled into a brand new weapon that improves over it's predecessor.

You may think it's "insane", but it's only being pragmatic with DE's monetary structure for the game. Reworking all the weapons to be balanced with each other and in tune at this point would require a herculean effort. DE would spend tons of time and resources to do it. Which would mean no new content. Which would mean fewer purchases within the game, and a big loss on their part. And they would have to rework that balance again and again as new weapons are released.

Just let old, defunct weapons enjoy a noble retirement of being planet mission fodder, and turn your attention to enjoying newer weapons for higher content. If you want to "improve supra" you'd be better off asking for a completely new weapon that uses your suggestions.

Most, if not all weapons in Warframe have a main plus point (crits on Soma, status on Grakata, raw damage on Boltor, etc.) that outweighs their negative aspects. For weapons of a similar role within similar mastery requirement and/or means of acquisition (e.g. clan-tech) I think this is especially important for a vague semblance of balance. The Supra, however, seems to have very little in the way of redeeming factors.

When I was using it I came to the same conclusions as you OP. +1

supra isn't the only weapon that needs a bit of a buff, embolsit needs some love too, anything that has a high mastery lock, and/or a high cost really, they either need a buff or they need a reduction in requirements

I would prefer that they simply buffed them. Both the Supra and Embolist are very interesting weapons and I think it would be pity to have the interesting weapons relegated to junk mastery tier while having the top tier with only the most uninspiring generic weapons in the game.

The Supra is in need of some love...

One suggestion I saw a while back was to remove ammunition from it altogether, and have the Supra run on a unique overheating mechanic (Think Halo plasma weapons with unlimited ammo enabled).

Yeah, Sixty5s rework suggestion is the best I have seen yet.

Give Supra a cool down mechanic (so you never have to reload if you use it smart), a higher ammo cap (or maybe regenerating ammo), and a little damage boost to bring it up to its MR rank requirement standards. Supra should have one of the best sustained DPSs, just by the extremely low projectile flight time and enormous spread a damage buff that gives  it OP sustained damage (sustained, not burst) on paper would be OK because there are so many other balancing factors.

Think back over a few wars. Ya they used to actually. A mechanic a lot of "future" based games was a bar that gradually filled the heavier you were on the trigger. Max it out and pshhhhhhhh....cooldown.

Lmg's used to over heat, and still did even when water cooled came out. Ever fired a real life gun, or cleaned one after putting a few hundred rounds through one? Watch FPSrussia's ak-47 bacon and eggs video on YouTube. He literally makes bacon and eggs on a smouldering hot barrel.

Haha I know the cooldown thing. I was more referring to the infinite ammo, which is exclusive to video games. You could argue that energy weapons don't need ammo, but that doesn't explain why all other energy weapons require reloads. That's beside the point anyway. I still say infinite ammo in something like the supra wouold be too much of a buff.

Once again, I'm just giving the pragmatic answer. The Latron buff was just a number tweak, which is a miniscule amount of effort compared to a weapon-function overhaul. In fact, the Supra has already received several tweaks to various numbers in it's stats over the past year. Most changes to other weapons have also been part of "blanket changes" to entire families of weapons, not devoted attention to just ONE weapon.

I really can't think of any weapon where they specifically reworked it's functionality after releasing it, not on a fundamental level. It's just not worth their time. Any improvements to be done are better (ei more of a financial gain) rolled into a brand new weapon that improves over it's predecessor.

You may think it's "insane", but it's only being pragmatic with DE's monetary structure for the game. Reworking all the weapons to be balanced with each other and in tune at this point would require a herculean effort. DE would spend tons of time and resources to do it. Which would mean no new content. Which would mean fewer purchases within the game, and a big loss on their part. And they would have to rework that balance again and again as new weapons are released.

Just let old, defunct weapons enjoy a noble retirement of being planet mission fodder, and turn your attention to enjoying newer weapons for higher content. If you want to "improve supra" you'd be better off asking for a completely new weapon that uses your suggestions.

Stop defending and supporting DE, you make it sound like its totally fine to just let old content rot while they focus on new releases for the sake of getting money. That is NOT an excuse. NO game should do that, unless the older content is no longer getting used by even a SINGLE player. And, judging by the amount of "Buff Supra" threads there are, that is NOT the case. And about that "they constantly would have to rework to balance out weapons". YES for gods sake they DO if they want a decent game. Every game needs balance, be it PvP or PvE or its not a good and enjoyable game.

Edited by Netheroc

And about that "they constantly would have to rework to balance out weapons"

Just a little observation about this statement: DEvs would save a lot of time later if they actually properly structured their progression, tiers, powerlevels now

Edited by WhisperByte

What i absolutely think it needs is either bottomless magazine, never ever reload, just feed directly from the ammo pool and spray away all 630 bullets, or Overheat function, if you fire too long at once, you are forced to manually cool it down, resulting in either being forced to put it on your back and use sidearm/melee, or do a rather long animation to cool it down.

I like the "pull straight from reserve" idea. No magazine, just 600+ rounds of murder-death. Combo that with a friend dropping ammo pads and you can shoot for a very long time.