Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gate Crash, Design And Overview

DE_Adam

If that is the case, then I may have to run some tests, because the "feel" is that affinity does cut off at a certain point. As for loot, backtracking isn't really that much fun.

May not be fun, but, it's also not mandatory. Think that's where the distinction is. If you were FORCED to backtrack just to get one item, I could see getting pissed, but, you can just as easily say "Not worth it" and keep on moving. I've done it on more than one occasion. Stance mod drops I need, though? I'm all over it and glad to have backtracked.

May not be fun, but, it's also not mandatory. Think that's where the distinction is. If you were FORCED to backtrack just to get one item, I could see getting ed, but, you can just as easily say "Not worth it" and keep on moving. I've done it on more than one occasion. Stance mod drops I need, though? I'm all over it and glad to have backtracked.

You provide an excellent workaround. I wish to provide a design solution: If only one person in a group of 4 has to pick up credits in order for the team to get said credits, then only one person should have to pick up mods and resources for the team to get said mods and resources. (Ammo, energy, and health stays the way it is)

Afkers/leechers? Give us a streamlined way to report them. This game has done ground-breaking work on providing a forum free of typical internet garbage-speak. They should strive to set the same standard for in-game behavior.

Ummm... Affinity is no longer radius based, but team based, meaning you ALWAYS get experience for what your team does. Check patch notes from quite a few updates back.

Pretty sure that only applied to Interception missions, where you want to spread out to cover the objectives so playing the mission as intended led to losing shared affinity.

Shouldn't these be Derelict Sabotage rather than Void Sabotage?

My only real complaint is that the 50 Cryotic reward was entirely laughable given that Glaxion requires 2,500 to craft. The 50 Oxium reward was nice but the Cryotic reward should have been at least 250 (and probably more like 500 or 1,000 given how much you get from Excavation runs).

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

My problem is with design of portal room, game-play wise. The portal itself is quite small and all is needed to defend it is to throw few Vauban grenades there and that's it. Throw 2-3 teslas, stand if front of the gate with Soma. wait - shoot - repeat.

Perhaps it could be more challenging and entertaining if entire room served as portal, with portals showing all over the place, spitting small groups Grineer. In the alcoves, top floor balcony, raising on jetpacks from the void that is in the center of the room. Also it could be interesting if some jetpack grineer would/could enter the room through main portal at really high speed. It would help them avoid traps and add difficulty to the entire scene.

While I would like the idea to have different objectives and roles as part of a mission, the solo player aspect has always to be kept in mind. Or even Duo players. The only way I could think about having multi-objective missions that DEMAND diversification of the squad, is missions that can NOT be played solo, just like Dark Sectors. But these missions have to be off the mandatory progression of the Starmap... if they're even on there to begin with.

I don't care much about the loot or affinity in branched objective missions, as long as there is a window of opportunity to have a "breather" and before you proceed to extraction or to the next "checkpoint", everyone just runs through the area and collects stuff before continuing onwards.

Now, while I enjoyed the Gate Crash mission, I have to admit that one part was the most exciting for me, which I hope that we will be seeing in ALL other missions;

PLEASE ADD A FEW MORE REWARDS FOR EXPLORATION

There are so many nicely hidden areas, but the only distinction I can see with loot drops is in the end rooms of Void puzzle runs / gauntlets. The containers have a higher chance to drop mods, but that's it. It is also very disappointing to dish out your repertoire of acrobatic moves, only to be rewarded with zero containers and 8 lockers... of which seven are red. You open that one container to get a few credits, and a health bubble. Sadness :(

I hope to see that we'll be getting more lucrative container and locker drops in all secret areas throughout all tilesets. Now, I don't think like crazy in the area of "guaranteed mod drops or guaranteed rare materials." Oh dear, no. Please no. But it would be nice to at least feel the difference in all secret rooms.

That said, I'm guilty to not go into these secret rooms any more as I have regular materials stacked mountain high, and going for rare materials means most of the time; whack-a-boss.

Shouldn't these be Derelict Sabotage rather than Void Sabotage?

There are both now:

T1 - Void and Grineer Forest

T2 - Void and Corpus Ice Planet

T3 - Void and Grineer Settlement

T4 - Void and Corpus Outpost

OD - Derelict and Grineer Shipyards

We're also rolling out caches to forest sabotage on Earth, it didn't quite make U15 but it's on the way!

• 2 weeks later...