Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Kill, Consume, Kill...

Auramaru

So, after forma-ing one of my warframes for the X-teenth time, I ran out of mats for Forma.

It is with this lack of resources that I realized the following:

Warframes need Forma to become stronger.

Forma requires materials to be created.

The materials must be gathered from the corpses of legions of inter-planetary organizations...

Are the Tenno parasites?  It almost reminds me of the "Deathless" from Infinity Blade, just excelling without purpose.  We just keep pumping resources - we got by burning and pillaging military bases (that may very well protect colonies from the infested) - into our warframes without much sense of direction.

You could almost consider the Tenno to be some messed up Terminator, sci-fy-horror-movie-species that just Kills, consumes, and kills other species simply to become mind-numbingly powerful.

Just fun little thing to think about 

After re-reading my OP... ... holy poop muffins was that bleak... huh, well hot damn...

Nah, your idea is awesome, I like it and there's discussion here about lore and stuff, I'm depressed coz of other schtuff that shall not be named

Tbh Tenno are  Kinda parasitic, its like you have to feed them crystals and stuff to improve their capabilities etc

Edited by Somedude1000

A parasite is something that lives in or takes nutrients from a host creature.

Parasite is the wrong word here.

I guess so. I'll look it up and be right back. Perhaps economci parasites coz they're a drain on the economy >.>

Well after a quick look on the internets,consumer is more suitable than parasite...

Edited by Somedude1000

I like this point of view. While I wouldn't use this as a way to describe the Tenno to someone outside of the game, it is an interesting perspectve to view them with. I think parasite could be considered correct depending on if you are talking about the Tenno as a group leeching off of the other groups. Of course we don't actually attach ourselves to steal the resources, so on an individual level, they're more like... carnivores? I dunno, there's probably a better word for it, but that's all I can think of.

So, after forma-ing one of my warframes for the X-teenth time, I ran out of mats for Forma.

It is with this lack of resources that I realized the following:

Warframes need Forma to become stronger.

Forma requires materials to be created.

The materials must be gathered from the corpses of legions of inter-planetary organizations...

Are the Tenno parasites? 

Idk, i think that just makes us hunter/gatherers. 

If you would consider looting parasitic, then I guess so.

But it's only figuratively parasitic. You don't see people call pirates parasites. You DO see people call persons living off welfare and such parasites, though. But we're different from that. We take what we need by force. If they are parasites, then we are predators.

Also, we do have a "sense of direction" with our constant buildup. Not only is it a vital part of the Tenno culture, but it's also for a cause.

Are the Tenno parasites?  It almost reminds me of the "Deathless" from Infinity Blade, just excelling without purpose.  We just keep pumping resources - we got by burning and pillaging military bases (that may very well protect colonies from the infested) - into our warframes without much sense of direction.

You could almost consider the Tenno to be some messed up Terminator, sci-fy-horror-movie-species that just Kills, consumes, and kills other species simply to become mind-numbingly powerful.

Now look at what humans do, the only part that maybe makes us better then this is that we also try to re-create what we consume. But then again the Tenno are doing this for peace of the solar system.

The Infestation consumes to grow more powerful, and he Tenno are part infestation, so it makes sense.

Since we can't prove were the technocyte virus went arfter darksector it all becomes canon lore. What we do know is that the infested, technocyte, and the sentitents all have the traits of consume and grow. The only part that may relate back to the technoctye and the infested is the Warframe that the Tenno wears, however since it is said in the lore that the sentitents couldn't take over the Warframes due to the void energy. It would seem that the infestation has nothing to do with the creation of Tenno or Warframes.

Tenno seem more closey related to humans if you go by what they are doing, they consume to get stronger and by getting stronger they can win the war.

Edited by Postal_pat

The Infestation consumes to grow more powerful, and he Tenno are part infestation, so it makes sense.

From the title it kinda made me think that we are the 'prototypes' (from the game-prototype) who basically become more powerful by killing and consuming (literally) enemies. Also these prototypes is a product of the virus (probably wrong), though the obvious difference between us is we don't really infect others or manifest infested weapons from our hand.