Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Statement On The Site To Stop This Legendary Madness

Sifu

1. You want something without any real grounds for it other than "time lost", you cannot gain back time lost, no matter what kind of compensation anyone gives you because time isn't something you can get back.

I have all frames, except Nyx Prime. I have put mutiple forma into pretty much all of them over my time playing (1100+ hours). Had I lost 2 polarity slots from all of my frames, it woudnt be about getting time back I had lost those slots, it would be about NOT GIVING ANYMORE TIME.

What woud be the pointing in achieving anything on a game if it could just be removed? Why would you ever bother forma-ing anything again?

That is why people are angry, are they correct? Probably not, it seems this will effect very few if any people, so I dont disagree that people should NOT be given Legandary Forma, but I do think you a completely misunderstanding why people are upset.

Edited by t4m5t3r

I have all frames, except Nyx Prime. I have put mutiple forma into pretty much all of them over my time playing (1100+ hours). Had I lost 2 polarity slots from all of my frames, it woudnt be about getting time back I had lost those slots, it would be about NOT GIVING ANYMORE TIME.

What woud be the pointing in achieving anything on a game if it could just be removed? Why would you ever bother forma-ing anything again?

That is why people are angry, are they correct? Probably not, it seems this will effect very few if any people, so I dont disagree that people should NOT be given Legandary Forma, but I do think you a completely misunderstanding why people are upset.

No, I do understand really. But, like many here said, they are asking to refund them for their 'lost time'. If leveling gear in this gring-based game was nothing but hard work for them and that they had no fun doing it... maybe they were doing it wrong?

Many changes are waiting ahead, during only 1 year we got trading 1.0, melee 2.0, auras, stances, new pets, alliances, dark sectors... Alot of things, that might and will change. Do you really think that with every major change people should ask for compensation for having fun?

1. You want something without any real grounds for it other than "time lost", you cannot gain back time lost, no matter what kind of compensation anyone gives you because time isn't something you can get back.

2. The move with Legendary Cores was a big issue with DE, and it was a massive mistake. Sure, people that get the Legendary Forma don't want it to be tradeable, but what happens when other players who don't have the Legendary Forma do want it to be tradeable? They'll come to the forums, and rant, just as you rant right now. They'll ask for something that wasn't even on DE's to do list in the first place, just as you're asking right now. They'll ask for it to be tradeable because its "unfair" to them, just as you are saying this is "unfair" right now. Don't tell me this isn't going to be the case, Legendary Forma wasn't going to be the case until some nitwits in the Forums decided to make it a fussy idiotic subject.

3. People will use it on other items, don't tell me otherwise because it's been a lurking worry I've seen in one or two other threads. Sure, binding it could be a solution, but then that's even MORE WORK for DE when it isn't even something they were planning to do.

4. "Run the economy" my @$$. No one is trying to "run the economy" when it consists of over thousands of players, it's nigh on impossible for that. And if they do become tradeable, no S#&$ sherlock it's gonna be just as expensive as legendary cores are.

5. Legendary Formae were not in DE's plans because it wasn't necessary. You, on the other hand, think you need to be compensated for something you did willingly, for the mere fact that you shoehorned yourself by no warrants of DE.

So no, you don't deserve or need any bloody Legendary Forma.

1. Ofc I can get the time lost. Do you even read? A forma that lets the warframe not reset is something that makes the time not lost.

2. Why should those people that do not get a legendary forma now get one? I'm not ranting I'm suggesting. You are ranting. How is it unfair to them? I lost my time I get an itme that reverse the time I invested in it. If your warframe doesn't get a level reset then why should you get a legnedary forma as well or even think it's not fair? This is like if somebody crashes my car and my car insurance pays the repair bills for me and some random guy on the street says... hey this is unfair why nobody gives me money for my car...well maybe because your car didn't get crashed?

3. So what? If they do use it on other items? Then that's a minus for them... They warframe stays unranked.

4. I see you got no economy knowledge. "and if they do become tradeable" well then blame DE and not people wanting to just use it on their warframes for the purpose not releveling it.

5. I don't think I need to be compensated I'm just asking DE if they would implement an item that doesn't make my warframe reach lv zero and me leveling it again because I don't want.

Yet again what's your excuse for not adding something like a legendary forma? Just one reason. Name it.

Yet again what's your excuse for not adding something like a legendary forma? Just one reason. Name it.

Unequal and unfair refunding for one. Some people will get 40-50 legendary formas (I almost feel how they are rushing their frames to change polarities asap) only because they were polarizing ability slots instead of empty slots, that alone would be enough for max builds. And then they`ll keep them, for other frames, weapons, or maybe, if they will be tradeable, get unfairly large amount of absolutely free plat. So basically, will get platinum for formaing their frames in wrong slots. DE will not allow it.  And, what I dont like the most - majority will get nothing, though those people just might be playing harder and leveling gear in correct way, not removing original polarities. 

This alone may cause much more problems, than a possible leaving of 1-2 peoples, who would leave the game for any other reason or without one. 

Also threatening to leave the game if you wont get a candy L Forma is so childish, its almost kawaii ^_^

I believe I saw 1 or 2 such posts out here.

Solution is good as it is now - give people normal forma and a poster with Nyx Prime in bikini ^_^

Unequal and unfair refunding for one. Some people will get 40-50 legendary formas (I almost feel how they are rushing their frames to change polarities asap) only because they were polarizing ability slots instead of empty slots, that alone would be enough for max builds. And then they`ll keep them, for other frames, weapons, or maybe, if they will be tradeable, get unfairly large amount of absolutely free plat. So basically, will get platinum for formaing their frames in wrong slots. DE will not allow it.  And, what I dont like the most - majority will get nothing, though those people just might be playing harder and leveling gear in correct way, not removing original polarities. 

This alone may cause much more problems, than a possible leaving of 1-2 peoples, who would leave the game for any other reason or without one. 

Also threatening to leave the game if you wont get a candy L Forma is so childish, its almost kawaii ^_^

Solution is good as it is now - give people normal forma and a poster with Nyx Prime in bikini ^_^

I ask you how is it "uneqaul"? If I lose something and I get back how is it unfair for somebody who didn't lose something and therefore he gets nothing back? About your second part... make them not tradeable. Why would legendary forma be tradeable while normal forma is not?

This is getting stupid -_-

You are so dense, can't you see both sides? Try, not that hard, it's FAIR if people leave when they their time taken from them, and L Forma would solve it. But they have downsides as well some that makes them not wanted at all. But DE would be able to make something to make sure people don't have to relevel their frames again . There are a lot of things they could do, just smack us with a 7 days affinity booster, and boom there, nothing to worry about

Oh god, lets stop discussing it here, its pointless since some people really want a "Legendary Forma" and wont listen to reason and alternatives given by DE.

Just ask them directly instead, they'll decide if your deserving to have one " if its exist already". We dont know ,maybe theyll hand it it right away because you lost your time playing Warframe, as ranting and making threads"We want Legendary Forma x100" wont get proper attention.

Playing has now become a liability to them, losing only 2-1 abilities has a great impact to their gameplay and cant continue anymore, and its DE job now to fix those for them instead of adjusting their priorities in life,

to them, lost time = redoing 3-6 runs on Ceres mobiles defence, T3 def, or any mission that could net nice exp, We already know that those min/maxers out theres who formad their stuff alot knows where to gain alot of exp. Those people who moderately formad thier warframe are not really affected. Just those minmaxers who overly formaed thier warframes making it a standard shooter for them.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Yes, I`m dense, because I`m in the matix, I see everything!

Its FAIR, if people payed money and then get a refund for their money/time lost. There is NOTHING to refund, when people just having fun. There are at max a few dozens, that actually leveled 5-6 times every frame (so 120 formas or so). Most people have just 1-3 frames with 2-3 formas in - so they`ll lose like 1 weekend evening, farming the hell out from Archwing missions. They hardly notice any loses. But sure, they must be compensated with at least 10000 plat, 100 legendary cores and a personal golden Liset! Because someone said that its FAIR.

I'm still have my 2 Legendary cores. I want even more, but nothing happens.

Yeps since you dont get any more legendary core and didnt even use your -still- (maybe waiting for its price i guess?), you want another op stuff in this case the Legendary core and your heavy on it for future prospect. :3

Its FAIR, if people payed money and then get a refund for their money/time lost. There is NOTHING to refund, when people just having fun. There are at max a few dozens, that actually leveled 5-6 times every frame (so 120 formas or so). Most people have just 1-3 frames with 2-3 formas in - so they`ll lose like 1 weekend evening, farming the hell out from Archwing missions. They hardly notice any loses. But sure, they must be compensated with at least 10000 plat, 100 legendary cores and a personal golden Liset! Because someone said that its FAIR.

Yea, this is just wanting more ...

Those 9mod-builders aren't able to think out of the box.

Every update their build can change if DE desides to nerf/alter certain abilities or mechanics. Pro gamers will always adapt.

DE will make a good change. Many frames which need many stats to make all abilities work well, will profit from that.

It's a good step for the future of the game because it affects the basis, not only the current meta.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Nobody want free plat or legendary fusion cores. I did invest money in affinity boosters for quicker releveling the warframes, in fact I maybe leveled only the first warframe without an affinity boosters every forma I currently have on a weapon or warframe was leveled with an affinity booster. And stop putting words into our mouths. Nobody wants 10k plat or legendary fusion cores. Again not a single proper excuse why not implementing legendary formas.

My thread has alot of common sense, theirs on contrary - not. But its your right to say and think what you want, even if you`re wrong.

What exactly is the argument against legendary forma?

That ppl will abuse it in the market? So...make them non tradeable. Done.

Nobody want free plat or legendary fusion cores. I did invest money in affinity boosters for quicker releveling the warframes, in fact I maybe leveled only the first warframe without an affinity boosters every forma I currently have on a weapon or warframe was leveled with an affinity booster. And stop putting words into our mouths. Nobody wants 10k plat or legendary fusion cores. Again not a single proper excuse why not implementing legendary formas.

I have a few reasons:

1. Some genuinely want it so they don't have to forma there frame but some will abuse the chance and forma all frames they don't use so they can get L-Forma to actually forma random items they were too lazy to forma.

2. If DE implements this, it'll be more than likely people would want said item to be tradable.

3. It's overcompensating, just give people who forma'd there slots affinity booster, easy as that.

I have a few reasons:

1. Some genuinely want it so they don't have to forma there frame but some will abuse the chance and forma all frames they don't use so they can get L-Forma to actually forma random items they were too lazy to forma.

2. If DE implements this, it'll be more than likely people would want said item to be tradable.

3. It's overcompensating, just give people who forma'd there slots affinity booster, easy as that.

Ok let's see your logic behind your reasons:

1. If I am one of those guys and I'm lazy to relevel item A, but I get the legendary forma and use it on item B... well guess that item A stays unranked.

I see your point though and it's reasonable a bit. I'll give you that.

2. I highly disagree with making it tradeable. We are on the same side when it comes into selling/buying legendary forma. This is invalid therefore. I could say the same about your 3rd point. "people will want affinity boosters to be tradeable so I disagree with compensating with boosters"...

3. "overcompensating" is something when I get more than I already had. Learn the difference. With a booster I still have to level the warframes, but I would gladly accept a booster than nothing.

Edited by Deccode

That's a bit childish and "extreme" reasoning, don't you think?^^'

I mean I agree, this "legendary" forma thing could easily get out of control unless the devs make it clear and definitive that they would only be usable on their respective frame and of course, be untrad(e)able. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the idea (I don't care to be honest), but stating that every Warframe player is a greedy mothereffer is downright moronic... and insulting. So eff you too fellow Tenno.^^

Yeps since you dont get any more legendary core and didnt even use your -still- (maybe waiting for its price i guess?), you want another op stuff in this case the Legendary core and your heavy on it for future prospect. :3

I have my Legendary cores, but game still alive. Nothing happens.

So, if someone get Legendary forma, it will be the same result - nothing.

Right now still no one brought up a single reasonable argument against legendary forma.

- Unlike legendary cores where the base item, a mod, is tradable, even normal forma is not tradable so legendary forma is unlikely to become tradable

- Even if legendary forma would be tradable, what are the arguments against that. Legendary cores are tradeable so what. Someone can buy one and upgrade a mod. Doesnt seem gamebreaking to me. He could as well buy hundreds of rare mods for that plat and achieve the same. Its merely convinient. And since im not jealous it doesnt affect me ( nor the game ) negatively in any way.

Another important point in favor of legendary forma : Many long term / casual warframe players take a break from the game for some time. When those return to the game for / after U15 and find that they lost an important polarity on some of their frames and got some forma instead ( which most long time players already got plenty of ) and they are left with incomplete frames that have to be releveled to be in a state they were before. This is not gonna make them happy. Affinity boosters might have run out by the time they check back into the game. They come back to see whats new in warframe and will find out that they will have to relevel a number of frames again before they are actually as they were before. Something like this can potentially make Warframe loose players. Players that buy stuff when updates come out.

No one of them will advertise warframe to any of his friends : "Hey you know that game ? Its great. Just be careful it might remove any progress you made at any time."

In my opinion the risk to loose out on credibility and player contentment weighs heavier than the fears ( or jealousness ? ) of some people that legendary formas might be abused in some way...

Edit : Still, I dont care about what I get personally. I just care about the consequences for the playerbase.

Edited by AdFinitum

People are so funny, when they believe in something non-existant ^_^

DE never stated anything about L Formas. No, really, they havent. Not even once. 

All was said is the thing I wrote at the top of this thread:

"Each Warframe will also be losing two Mod Slots in exchange for receiving these powers by default, and any player who used a Forma to change the polarity of the Slot removed will be refunded Forma as appropriate."

The rest is peoples imagination.

So, you create a thread of protest against imaginary, non-exitant thing. It's really funny.

So, you create a thread of protest against people who want an imaginary, non-exitant thing, without considering other stuff. It's really funny.

there fixed. People want an imaginary, non-exitant thing to be handed to them and even described what it suposed to do.

Yeah that too... Since it won't happen, why all the fuss?^^'

Since it wont happen, why some people create more threads about an imaginary, non-exitant thing to be given out? And as you said why all the fuss if De already stated that it wont come?

So, if someone get Legendary forma, it will be the same result - nothing.

-yet to you i guess. but look further regarding about the cores.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/294245-legendary-cores/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/327391-could-it-be-a-chance-for-more-legendary-core-compensation/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197989-legendary-cores/

as i said it is introduced to us, thus more people will want it to return in the future. or worse people will want a new kind of similar stuff to be called "legendary" (legendary forma?)that to be handed out because of some particular reason.

Again if you really want it, contact DE directly as we cant persuade some of you to think otherwise.

Snip

And right now still no one brought up a reasonable statement why the DE's annouced solution is not enough making this "legendary forma" a more viable solution.

Most are statement about loosing all thier hardwork which isnt the case if you understand what they said. the only people that are really affected by this are the min/maxers who dont want to use any warframe abilities which the casual players are really not into.

DE is already trying to please both sides

For casual players, theyll get 6+2 slots.

For those minmaxers(specially who used all 9-10 slots), losing 1-2 slot isnt a huge loss from thier build + they can now use thier warframe abilities making them more versitile.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Since it wont happen, why some people create more threads about an imaginary, non-exitant thing to be given out? And as you said why all the fuss if De already stated that it wont come?

as i said it is introduced to us, thus more people will want it to return in the future. or worse people will want a new kind of similar stuff to be called "legendary" (legendary forma?)that to be handed out because of some particular reason.

Just let people vent, if you don't fuel the fire, it will die on its own (hopefully^^'). You give them attention, so of course they push more, it's so obvious, yet you play their game. So don't.^^

Also, everyone should respect other people and their opinions, whether they agree or not. It's better to say "I disagree" and build a real discussion from there than "you're wrong because I say so!" and make things go boom.^^

Edited by Marthrym

or people could read THE ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD FOR THE ISSUE.

you shouldn't need to tell them what they can clearly read as an official statement.

Which 2 slots are being removed?

The slots being removed depends on where your Ability Polarities are located. For example, if you have swapped your Top Left default Ability Polarity slot somewhere in the middle of the Mod slot Layout, the position of your current Ability Polarity Slot is the one that will be removed.

If you haven't changed around the location of your Ability Polarity Mod slots, we are simply removing 2 of the 4, the top left and top right.

This question should answer concerns from players who have Swapped around Polarities and are worried we are 'just removing the leftmost column of slots' in a blanket script and not considering swaps.

Just let people vent, if you don't fuel the fire, it will die on its own (hopefully^^'). You give them attention, so of course they push more, it's so obvious, yet you play their game. So don't.^^

Also, everyone should respect other people and their opinions, whether they agree or not. It's better to say "I disagree" and build a real discussion from there than "you're wrong because I say so!" and make things go boom.^^

Yea  i guess but without sheding somelight to this topic, more and more will join the bandwagon without even reading stuff which is kinda annoying. xD

sssooo....U will have to spend time to reforma it ? 

because I don't have have enough work...

If you spend time looking, you dont have to reforma it. read above before this post. :3

Edited by CrystalRibbon