Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finishers For All

Kawalorn

I'm a big fan of TPP-slasher games, and I won't lie, the mix of melee and firefights in this game is what initialy drew me in.

One of my favourite things in slashers is doing bloody finishers, I never get bored of them, and I like them in this game, however I am saddened how hard it is to get them in here.

You either have to use Ash (which I do a lot because of that :P) or use the stun-parry mod, which space could be used in a lot of better ways. Of course there is stealth but that is hard to do alone and impossible to do with a team and then you only get the back-finisher.

So here is a suggestion, allow for any Warframe to do a finisher on enemies with less that 10% HP. It might be hard to get weaker enemies to that ammount without killing them, but it's better than nothing. The enemies don't even need to be stunned, just allow the action to happen.

Since it might screw some players over sometimes, it might be wise to add an invulnerability to all damage during the animations.

You can do Finishers without Parry, but they are pretty difficult sometimes. You have to block a melee attack and channel right as their strike connects, and it will open them up to one. Certain combos and Valkyr's Paralyze also open enemies up to them, but, again, not everyone has those.

Yeah, though, they really need some more fleshing out. Make them faster and smoother, and make them easier to initiate. I was planning on making a post about this pretty soon, actually.

Sounds cool, but it would slow down the gameplay.

Now that I think about it, it could pose a problem if you for example Spin2win with Cleaving Whirlwind and then you suddenly get a finisher on one enemy instead of cleaving 5 of them. Perhaps a different button for finishing or a toggle-able option would do.

X button would be cool, it would also fix the problem of me wanting to finish/stealth kill an enemy and getting a normal attack instead.

Edited by Kawalorn

Now that I think about it, it could pose a problem if you for example Spin2win with Cleaving Whirlwind and then you suddenly get a finisher on one enemy instead of cleaving 5 of them. Perhaps a different button for finishing or a toggle-able option would do.

X button would be cool, it would also fix the problem of me wanting to finish/stealth kill an enemy and getting a normal attack instead.

Or maybe restrict the function to not occur during combos?

Or maybe restrict the function to not occur during combos?

That did occur to me, but I think it would be harder to implement and there are some basic spam-happy attacks which could also get interrupted. Like for example unequipped Bo.

Edited by Kawalorn

Why not just add the 'finisher' as a combo that can be used anytime during melee mode, in addition to the 'passive' finisher prompts ? Compared to normal combos / attacks , Finishers already take a significant amount of time to pull off anyway, so people won't be able to spam them without leaving themselves vulnerable, making it a controllable move this way could be an option.

Edited by Neah