Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Of "d" Polarity [On Weapons]

Phoenix86

Seriously... get rid of it.

what's the point of "D" polarity on weapons?

We can count the "D mods" on our fingers and maybe we dont even need all of them!

Right now it used only by

Cold dmg (not even the new cryotic mods set uses it! come on!),

extra status mods (which are A JOKE none uses them, since we have the dmg/status mods)

a few "hipster" mods (Hammer Shot, Life Strike, Tainted Shell. that's it. 3 mods.)

Yet many weapons have a default "D" polarity... wtf?

Get rid of D polarity!

Change it to "-" or "V" 

Or, if you dont wanna do that, hell make "D" polarity worthy!

Add more valuable "D mods"

D polarity on weaponry is really pointless.

Then we would only have 2 polarities on non melee weapons. I think a better alternative would be to change some mods that use a V or - polarity to use a D so that it makes sense to have on a weapon. 

that'd be dangerous... imagine if you swap Serration or other high cost mods to D... you would screw many formas (and ppl)

Edited by Phoenix86

that'd be dangerous... imagine if you swap Serration or other high cost mods to D... you would screw many formas (and ppl)

I know that, but it is kinda needed at this point because of how few D polarity mods exist. If we had more D polarities would be less undesirable. 

D polarities on weapons are designed to eat forma from my experience. We have little variety in D mods and the ones we do have are pretty bad for the most part. Either remove them from weapons on start, or the more logical choice would be to Buff D mods and Bring more of them to the table.