The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Installations And Spaceships

GlyphZero

installations or the areas that aren't ships but don't let you go outside... they sort of have a not big enough feel for me. there's definitely a differentation between the mining one and any other installation and the new rooms definitely help to change how big it feels(the mining area). i think what it is isn't just a tileset but a lack of transport. i mean if it's not a ship it probably has sections that are purposed toward something with space for expansion, so space between parts would be large. i guess what i'm saying is i don't feel it being much larger than a spaceship and horizontal transportation would change that pretty quickly, could make it senic later. on that note, if an installation is on some planetoid how about the outside tileset determines the hazard breaking glass produces: hot area, starts fires in the lockdown area until engulfed; cold area, steadily decreases all around speed until whatever's there is dead; toxic area, already have a toxic effect just have it ramp up the longer it's unattended.

spaceships... we've got two different factions that make stuff and another that infects stuff. there's no differentiation between them aside from that bio stuff everywhere when the infested have it. also feels odd running into corpus infected on a grineer ship unless every time we've encountered the infected it was after a faction three-way. anyway i'm pretty sure someone mentioned tileset and that'd probably be a start but the present installations/ships (excluding mining) feel like they already belong to the corpus so we'd just need a treatment similar of that given to the mining areas given to i guess smaller parts that would make the grineer ships/installation. something to help disjoint the ships from planet/asteroid installations could be a more "complete" map... by complete i mean including the ship outline with the areas currently accessible(the white lines on the normal map) and the ship's hull and structure light blue lines(creates constraint) and even floor and/or deck info. oh and the mining map has a ship bay but the spaceships don't have a fighter/transport bay?

hopefully a separation of ship/installation could help to add room for escalation of force. crazy idea for that is having a grineer munitions ship or corpus battleship mission where you redirect(nav system) it into an already massively infected ship or even installation and then instead of destroying the reactors you hack-set them to overload or you set charges on the already present explosive payloads and then have a timed extract that progressively gets difficult as the ship is being ripped apart by the infected ship(tentacles baby) based on time remaining and obviously being stopped short since you set things to explode.

also ship to ship boarding and levels that transition from a docked ship to an installation would be neat then since you'd have a change map-wise.

and now hazards. not really in the title but hey whatevs. i think we have the depressurization from busting ship glass, laser doors, cryo/fire, and (since the opponent only sortta kills you) toxic from ancients/corpus infected. now these opponents are dealing with space ninjas and the closest thing to a trap there seems to be is the laser door. seems a bit odd they don't have more traps. feels like grineer might use more explosives + trip lines, mines, firing lines and bait. corpus seem modular and energy based enough to actually build something specific to their enemy.

next time i might use some formatting and just bulletpoint stuff, but hi.

Pretty solid first post.

However, a lot of this would be extremely difficult to put into the game.

Try and make your suggestions as close to the current game as possible.

That said, new tiles are constantly being produced (as far as I know).

This is the main strength to a 'tile' based procedural system.

They can constantly add new content into the old content by adding tiles.

Basically, I just don't think we've gotten far enough in Warframe's development for your ideas to apply.