Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Buff

Aciszen

Thanks for getting the thread back on track Lunar.

As for my suppressor idea, maybe that can be a separate thing from the actual buff. It can be a skin with it's story revolving around corpus either trading or stealing the blueprint and modifying it for stealth as a way to counter infested's hearing.

Guys, still isn't TF2, still isn't a topic about ALL weapons and their designs.

This is about Grakata balancing and improvement suggestions.

Thank you.

Do you have feedback about our ideas?

Innate multi-shot or innate +ammo carry?

Anything of your own to add?

I don't understand how I'm not being clear...This is frustrating. What I'm talking about applies to all weapons, which included the Grakata. I don't have suggestions because that's for the devs to figure out, not me. I'm not a game designer. Bottom line: that gun is completely outclassed by every oher rifle. If there's nothing unique about it beyond wasting ammo faster, then no one will use it and it is a waste of a design, which is sad because being a student in game art myself, I'm beginning to understand what it takes to model and texture a weapon....it's NOT easy lol.

It's sure strange long gun but it's performance isn't really that bad as people claimed to it to be. It's the Revenant from ME3MP, a peashooter that can turned into a dead machine on the right hand.

One thing that probably affect the performance is the fact that to keep the recoil/spread (especially the spread) under control and to save ammo, player has to shoot it in burst. It also requires pretty heavy modding compared to other long guns and the fact that it doesn't have any polarized slot to take advantage is just plain madness.

Does it need a buff? I'm not sure about giving it a straight stat upgrade but I'd love some polarity slots on this gun. 

I don't understand how I'm not being clear...This is frustrating. What I'm talking about applies to all weapons, which included the Grakata. I don't have suggestions because that's for the devs to figure out, not me. I'm not a game designer. Bottom line: that gun is completely outclassed by every oher rifle. If there's nothing unique about it beyond wasting ammo faster, then no one will use it and it is a waste of a design, which is sad because being a student in game art myself, I'm beginning to understand what it takes to model and texture a weapon....it's NOT easy lol.

This is exactly what I was asking for.

You're giving feedback about the Grakata and listing it's weaknesses.

I understand your points about weapons being more unique a la some other games, but how should we do it?

How can the Grakata remain unique while also becoming effective?

I think it should retain the bullet-hose SMG flavor it has now, especially the recoil.

It does, however, need something else positive to bring it in line with other primary weapons.

And I completely understand the work that goes into 3D modeling, especially for something like the Grakata!

It's a great model with unique sounds and it should be something we see in the hands of many Tenno, not just the Grineer Lancers.

I don't have my Grakata at 30 yet, right now it's kinda sucky but then I am working my way through Ceres with it, fighting lots of 30+ Grineer with only a 60% Serration on it, it sucks vs Grineer, it's kinda meh at Infested, but it's chewing through Corpus.

Grineer Lancers fire this weapon in bursts right? maybe we should do as they do, perhaps we are just using it wrong. I admit I hold the trigger down when using it, maybe there is a trick or effect we don't know yet.

As for changes to the gun, when I have it at 30 I'll see.

Unfortunately, the problem is still there, no matter how it is shot. We can burst fire and all shots could land on the head, but what's the point if I can full auto w/headshots with a braton from a farther range? The weapon does look like it would be very effective vs corpus due to it's fire rate for breaking shields and with an armor piercing, easy kills on the crewman, but even if that was its purpose, it's simply outclassed in that job by any of the bratons. (run ons ftw)

Maybe I'm pushing this weapon balance thing too much for a PVE game whereas in a PVP it's a must, but it's nice to have every weapon be practical somewhere because currently the gameplay can be repetitive. The 2 week-monthly weapon additions are what's keeping me going.

Recorded a 25 - 35 Grineer mission with the Grakata, currently converting and then uploading it.

Should've done a Pluto mission instead. :p

Anyways, like I've said before in other threads, the Devs just need to give it inate armor piercing and a polarity slot and the weapon would be much better.  Maybe even a 2-3 point boost in damage as well it would be an all around good gun.  Recoil on the gun needs to be looked at it's really annoying with the high accuracy.

Unfortunately, the problem is still there, no matter how it is shot. We can burst fire and all shots could land on the head, but what's the point if I can full auto w/headshots with a braton from a farther range? The weapon does look like it would be very effective vs corpus due to it's fire rate for breaking shields and with an armor piercing, easy kills on the crewman, but even if that was its purpose, it's simply outclassed in that job by any of the bratons. (run ons ftw)

Maybe I'm pushing this weapon balance thing too much for a PVE game whereas in a PVP it's a must, but it's nice to have every weapon be practical somewhere because currently the gameplay can be repetitive. The 2 week-monthly weapon additions are what's keeping me going.

Well I just went through a mission playing more bursty and had much better ammo conservation, with this gun firing so fast you can waste significant ammo shooting by something already dead if you fire full auto.

I think it needs one or more, but not all, of the following

-Increased crit chance

-more ammo in reserve

-lower recoil

-higher accuracy

-a 2-4 point damage buff

-polarity slots

-something (like a suppressor) to make it unique

Edited by Nuntium

Should've done a Pluto mission instead. :p

I already stated that I went to Pluto from rank 5 onwards, and leveled the Grakata to 30 there, running Hades. Apparently, the highest level mission in the game is not admissable to make a statement about the gun, because Infested are where it's at. Then I ran the highest level infested mission available in the game, which was also not admissable by mmSnake's standards. Also, Grineer. So I ran the highest level Grineer mission, to show how the Grakata just walks through the mobs.

But I am already aware that that video will also be inadmissable, because apparently the gold standard of Warframe is Xini Wave 10+. The statement of rolling through Neptune|Despina Wave 30, with level 91 Corpus, has also been rejected by mmSnake, because, Hek @ Xini 10+ is the only thing of importance.

Now, someone with a prankster mindset could state the preposterous, that a gun that performs well in every faction's highest level mission is a decent gun, but that is not what we are looking at. We are looking at Xini Wave 10+. Only. So, if a gun performs less (to be proven/disproven) than a Hek in Xini Wave 10+, regardless of how it performs elsewhere, it is a weak gun and needs a buff - or is crap.

So, yeah. That's what we're talking about. :D

I would like to see this as a weak base weapon and then have several polarized slots. (perhaps include a note on how Teeno use superior construction methods) since as far as i know the lancers don't use mods, this would make the weapon viable for player use without making it into a death machine requiring rebalencing.

if the Grakata had one slot of each polarity, that would likely make it the premier 'magikarp power' gun, weak without mods, but with some levels and sufficient mods placed into it (possible because of the polarity slots) it would tune up to something impressive.

plus the idea of the enemys mass produced junkagun also being one of the Tenno's late game doom machines amuses me.

ok got it to lvl 10 and add a point strike 9 at 150% Critical Chance I got 6-8 crits a mag on the grineer lancers lvl 2-4 for 10-12 crit damage and 2 damage without crit damage it look like it have good critical damage thats it and half way in ran out of ammo and I was tapping the trigger so may add a vital sense 9 to see max crit damage

I think it needs one or more, but not all, of the following

-Increased crit chance

-more ammo in reserve

-lower recoil

-higher accuracy

-a 2-4 point damage buff

-polarity slots

-something (like a suppressor) to make it unique

A bit of an overkill in my own opinion. As far as the recoil goes, I love it. The gun fights back and adapts properly to guided aiming. Allowing high accuracy with propper trigger pulling and counter-movement. The damage is simply too low to be compitive, I would say placing it at the same bullet damage as the viper would be a superb start, possibly two a damage or two below.

Higher crit chance would be nifty, but it not happening is understandable. As for the polarity slot, It should definetly have one. There is no assault rifle with a polarity slot so far aside from the Vandal. Which, as we all know, players post the beta weekend cannot aquire! Especially with the material cost of the Grakata considered. (500 alloy plate.)

A bit of an overkill in my own opinion. As far as the recoil goes, I love it. The gun fights back and adapts properly to guided aiming. Allowing high accuracy with propper trigger pulling and counter-movement. The damage is simply too low to be compitive, I would say placing it at the same bullet damage as the viper would be a superb start, possibly two a damage or two below.

Higher crit chance would be nifty, but it not happening is understandable. As for the polarity slot, It should definetly have one. There is no assault rifle with a polarity slot so far aside from the Vandal. Which, as we all know, players post the beta weekend cannot aquire! Especially with the material cost of the Grakata considered. (500 alloy plate.)

I am just saying that those are some possible solutions (I like the recoil too), implementing any one of those would bring it more in line with the other weapons, and implementing two or three would make it an excellent gun. Past that it would just be ridiculously OP.

The Boltor has a D polarity slot.  I think the Burston had a V polarity slot, though I just sold it off and can't check.  (Well, I could for 12,000 credits, but my weapon slots are tied up at the moment.)

Don't trust the wiki.

YMMV, but I actually find the Grakata pretty easy to use. 

Granted, I only got it up to Rank 10 and haven't gotten around to potato-ing it yet, the gun feels "heavy" in combat. 

It feels almost as if it's a shotgun (tap fire) with a full automatic option for mowing down everything in front of you. 

At short-mid ranges, the accuracy is actually pretty good, with controllable recoil. Again, YMMV. 

Why does it need a buff? It's not supposed to be in line with other weapons now. Devs  might have released it to be one of the weakest guns. In fact they gave it to Grineer lancers you slice in half  all day. It only deal respectable damage when swarmed.

Logically, if we picked one gun up from those grineers, they would have the same performance.

It's fine, not every gun is meant to be a good weapon ( for example ankyros). Another mastery fodder. At least it wasn't another melee weapon....

Why does it need a buff? It's not supposed to be in line with other weapons now. Devs  might have released it to be one of the weakest guns. In fact they gave it to Grineer lancers you slice in half  all day. It only deal respectable damage when swarmed.

Logically, if we picked one gun up from those grineers, they would have the same performance.

It's fine, not every gun is meant to be a good weapon ( for example ankyros). Another mastery fodder. At least it wasn't another melee weapon....

but then why would people buy a gun that is weaker than the free starting gun? i think it needs a small buff so it can be on par with the braton. +2-3 base damage, larger ammo reserve, and maybe some armor pen. 

In that case it should not be so expensive to make. Heck, it probably shouldn't even require crafting and just be bought with credits directly.

Maybe it could have an effect like the Double Anarchy from the first borderlands, where it is 9x4 and the 3 extra projectiles are horribly innacurate. So if you're within like 6 feet of the enemy you shred them but shooting at long range only hits with 1 round.