Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nercrosis

One-Shot Kills By Rank And File Enemies On Higher Ranked Tenno During Multiplayer With Wide Range Of Ranking.

This occurs most frequently in the void, but happens occasionally on regular missions as well.

I'm Mastery Level 13. The further from this mastery level that co-op players are, the more frequently this occurs. It was initially noticed as my roommate began playing, and the problem was everyday, almost every void mission, and almost every 3rd or 4th regular mission. Now that he's Rank 9, it occurs about once every 4th void mission, and once every 12th or 13th regular mission.

The problem: one shot kills by rank and file cannon fodder. It was most especially noted in the void, by level 20-21 lancers, whom at one point were guaranteed to one shot kill my warframe.

Doesn't matter what frame I'm in. Doesn't matter how much shields or health I have. Doesn't matter how much power I have if I'm using quick thinking, because the damage is too fast for quick thinking, or too much for my power to cover.

The more co-op players, the less this occurs. It's highest occurrence is with only one other player, whom is highly disparate in Mastery Rank.

It appears to be some kind of scaling bug, screwing up a mean/median implementation, but I leave it to my wiser, code-understanding superiors to figure this one out.

-Nercrosis

I know that Seekers have the potential to burst down anyone who isn't 100% invulnerable, but I've never seen Void enemies do it in one hit. 

I can't imagine what would cause it, since as far as I know we don't take headshot damage from npcs. 

I haven't really noticed it with seekers. The most common culprit, due to a large number of void runs for me in the past month, are level 20-21 corrupted lancers. Got so bad that for a while, I wouldn't enter a room that had 2 of them, for fear of one killing me instantly.

Now that I'm not helping a friend level up mastery ranks (he just started playing 2 months ago), it's not so much of an issue to me, but I think regardless it must be addressed, for the benefit of other players whom might grow frustrated with the game over it.

-Nercrosis