Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Warframe Name

IAmTheWar

I'll be blunt, personally I'm kind of on the fence with the name Limbo. Yes, one definition of limbo is a type of purgatory, but in this context of space ninjas with guns and swords and magic it seems kind of...static. Also it can't be helped if it reminds me of the game where you have bend your back just to get under the line.

Just my two cents, I think a more suitable name for him would be something like..Rift(no pun intended) or...Phase, considering how Scott and Steve described his abilities. How he was able to put things into another dimension or plane or something to that effect.

Also, is it just me or does this guy sound like Uchiha Madara/Obito?

Edited by IAmTheWar

People hated Hydroid's name before he came out. I think that is why they waited so long to tell us his official name. 

Call me a negative nancy but it's still a bit tough to get used to that one.

Let's wait until we see his abilities. :)

Alright, I'll take up your offer!

We do have a Frame named after a jellyfish, and a frame named after a fairy. and a legendary sword, and an animal, and a french dude.

With those names though, to me anyways, I think fits the frame in question and how they work from gameplay mechanics. Like..with Vauban for example you don't really know what he can do and it incites curiosity and makes you want to learn more about it. I think what I'm trying to say is, with a lot of the older names they came from other lore or a name that kind of meshes well with the particular warframe. Limbo..it's a bit less subtle the way I see it. Maybe I can be proven wrong when he comes out, only time will tell.

Edited by IAmTheWar

Also, hydroid, i mean, wut,? I'm still not sure what a hydroid is supposed to be....

Well you're on the internet, it isn't that much work to make a quick search now is it?

OT: I believe the name suits just fine, given that we have been told he's a frame that phases through planes of reality.

Edited by RahuStalker

Well you're on the internet, it isn't that much work to make a quick search now is it?

OT: I believe the name suits just fine, given that we have been told he's a frame that phases through planes of reality.

When I did search it before, tbh only results I got were about microorganisms etc, What I meant to say is that there is no real meaning to his name that's relevant to what he does

When I did search it before, tbh only results I got were about microorganisms etc, What I meant to say is that there is no real meaning to his name that's relevant to what he does

Hydroid, Greek for "Like or resembling water". Which is actually incredibly fit for the frame.

Limbo often refers to an alternate dimension; purgatory. Limbo the Warframe has powers over an alternate dimension or the ability to interact with one. Also fitting.

9RJokHn.png

Am I not getting something here?

You aren't getting breaking down the name into the components. Greek components.

Hydro, which is water.

Oid, which means "Like or resembling".

Put two together and you get "Like or resembling water".

-snip-

Very well, but arguably a common fool like me wouldn't be ablke toi make sense of something that requires knowledge of a foreign language, I was simply trying to say that I wasn't aware his name had any meaning, and a simple search I had done before only led me to this, in response to RahuStalkers claim that I should have done so

Very well, but arguably a common fool like me wouldn't be ablke toi make sense of something that requires knowledge of a foreign language, I was simply trying to say that I wasn't aware his name had any meaning, and a simple search I had done before only led me to this, in response to RahuStalkers claim that I should have done so

The expectation comes from Greek and Latin being commonly used in most schools, I imagine.