Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does This Mean? Rock Paper Shotgun Interview Quote

Deidaku

"RPS: The latest update features the Archwing which lets you fly around in space. Is that an entirely new warframe or an augmentation you can add to existing warframes?

Sinclair: It’s a flight augmentation for your warframe. What our existing players will like is they get to pick and customise their warframe. They’re very familiar with this idea and we’re not throwing that out when you go into Archwing mode. If you have your cool Loki and he’s got all these different upgrades on him a lot of that will continue into Archwing mode rather than risk saying, “Now you have this vehicle and that investment doesn’t matter anymore”. We wanted to respect that."

yea yea update is tomorrow and all that but I'm just a bit confused : so our powers will have some effect one gameplay or not? Am I missing something?

Edited by Deidaku

Probably referring to the mods on your warfrwame and not the warframes powers. 

so health, shields ect. 

Yup.

I remember there were multiple skills tied to different archwing sets, shields/rocket pods, huge nuke etc...

I mean can you imagine ember's fire in vacuum without Oxygen?

Edited by Morgax

Probably referring to the mods on your warfrwame and not the warframes powers. 

so health, shields ect. 

Dammit that's what I feared -_-" unless warframe have diferrent arcwhing maneuvering speeds , the best option will awlays be : pick the highest health/armor/shields no matter the situation  -_-"

Dammit that's what I feared -_-" unless warframe have diferrent arcwhing maneuvering speeds , the best option will awlays be : pick the highest health/armor/shields no matter the situation  -_-"

Not really, I imagine the mods that effect powers will effect the archwings powers. Don't make assumptions.

Yup.

I remember there were multiple skills tied to different archwing sets, shields/rocket pods, huge nuke etc...

I mean can you imagine ember's fire in vacuum without Oxygen?

yea she can still do it ( infested tilesets)

there could have been new frame specific skills at least ; something to give us more strategies than picking just HP/shields/armor

I see

but what purpose will a mod like strong will / will to survive and retribution have?

Retribution will work the same way unless there's no melee units in the space battle which makes it a useless mod in space. Undying Will would still have a purpose since you can get taken down and you still have a revive timer.

if i was to make an educated guess, a hypothesis, u might say

id guess that the archwing mods will be similar to the kubrow mods, in that the archwing stats will take percentages from your frame to enhance yer 'flight-mode' stats

but no, there will be no using yer frame powers in archwing flight-mode