Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of The Grueghstrag Bolt?

Matiny

LOL until DE uses real words, I really don't care about proper spelling!

Anyways, do you guys think that "punishing players for losing" is a good idea? I remember seeing this concept in another game. Usually when I spot it, I wonder if the devs want to push people away, or if they want us to have fun.

It's not really that much of a punishment, you're given the key to get it off like instantly. On top of that it only reduces your damage to grineer, nothing else. So...yeah.

As for punishing players for losing. Hi, I'm from the 90's where most games had you restart the entire level if you lost. So there. I welcome stuff like this, too many things are just..."Everybody wins~ You get a award, and you get an award, even the people in the stadium who didn't do anything get an award~"

It adds genuine risk and loss for a rare boss fight so I think it is fine, if it were for something more common then it could get to the point of pushing people away. 

Seeing as I need my Neurodes, Mirage has now officially become useless for the next couple months. "Maybe if your build was better" they say. Um... sure, next time a rare boss shows, I'll just exit. Meh. Or I'll just go elsewhere and let everyone else fight while I extract.

As for punishing players for losing. Hi, I'm from the 90's where most games had you restart the entire level if you lost. So there. I welcome stuff like this, too many things are just..."Everybody wins~ You get a award, and you get an award, even the people in the stadium who didn't do anything get an award~"

*Holds up hand for high five*

It's not really that much of a punishment, you're given the key to get it off like instantly. On top of that it only reduces your damage to grineer, nothing else. So...yeah.

Yes, I agree.

Seeing as I need my Neurodes, Mirage has now officially become useless for the next couple months. "Maybe if your build was better" they say. Um... sure, next time a rare boss shows, I'll just exit. Meh. Or I'll just go elsewhere and let everyone else fight while I extract.

Well ye sure if the game is to hard that is always an option.

You dont have to be from the 90s to find todays games not punishing enough. :-)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

No.

G3 is a boss fight, that yes kicks you from your mission if you lose. Yes there are frames that aren't as good against G3 (The fragile ones usually) and there are frames that are just godly against them (VALKYR FTW) but every frame with enough practice should be able to take on the G3 with some weaps on the side.

Just because you lost once Tenno doesn't mean you are gone forever. You will awaken again. Lotus will find you.

And your enemies shall pay in blood.

The G3 arent just a "rare boss." They are assassins out to kill you. Failure in games must have consequences, otherwise victory is meaningless. If you do choose to run away,  which is a perfectly legitimate strategy if you are feeling outmatched, you miss out on a chance to get parts for one of the best secondary weapons in the game. High risk, high reward.

the Resources aren't particularly difficult to collect once you're established enough to be getting Assassin's chasing you.

however, perhaps some players will get chased by them too early, which is okay. they'll get destroyed while being completely confused, and later on they'll succeed over the obstacle.

the Rusty Rag 3 are pretty much a pushover as long as you use Mobility. they're susceptible to almost all Abilities. and if you kill their Sentinels, people that get downed can't get trapped.

can still get killed since they do Damage, but avoiding it is a good idea.

Hi, I'm from the 80's where most games had you restart the whole game if you lost.

You 90's young'ns had it easy.

Anyway, yeah I'm all for the Bolt. Kinda wish if you got caught by Zanuka, the mission afterward would be harder. But at least there's a "Lose" event so I'm okay with it.

As for Grustrag, Lotus TELLS YOU TO RUN. It's your own damn fault if you get a bolt because you didn't run.

And...

LOL until DE uses real words, I really don't care about proper spelling!

Well to hell with creativity then! Let's just call the Grustrag bolt a "Thing" and the Grineer "Those soldier guys" and the Corpus "Those nerds" and the Infested "Zombies". *rolls eyes*

Edited by SoulEchelon

Hi, I'm from the 80's where most games had you restart the whole game if you lost.

You 90's young'ns had it easy.

Anyway, yeah I'm all for the Bolt. Kinda wish if you got caught by Zanuka, the mission afterward would be harder. But at least there's a "Lose" event so I'm okay with it.

As for Grustrag, Lotus TELLS YOU TO RUN. It's your own damn fault if you get a bolt because you didn't run.

And...

Well to hell with creativity then! Let's just call the Grustrag bolt a "Thing" and the Grineer "Those soldier guys" and the Corpus "Those nerds" and the Infested "Zombies". *rolls eyes*

Yes, I'm very very upset too.

Edited by Matiny

Sarcasm =/= anger. While I was typing that I was actually snickering to myself because I imagined Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds screaming "NEERRRDS!"

Sarcasm when I ask for an opinion, eh? Explain how it makes sense to be sarcastic when I ask an opinion.

"punishing players for losing" is a good idea?

Maybe this will blow you mind but yes most games use it, if you lose you get punished and i you win you get rewarded.

stop being a casual

Edited by Dasmir

Maybe this will blow you mind but yes most games use it, if you lose you get punished and i you win you get rewarded.

stop being a casual

Allow me to steal one of the previous poster's statements: In many other games, they're not really punishments. Oh hey, that argument is easy to use! Just say it and it's true!

Allow me to steal one of the previous poster's statements: In many other games, they're not really punishments. Oh hey, that argument is easy to use! Just say it and it's true!

Uggggggh really want me to put a WALL OF TEXT with every game that punish you if you fail ? becouse im sure every game does

it .. i dont know a single game where you get a cookie if you fall to a abyss into a sure dead.

Edited by Dasmir

Uggggggh really want me to put a WALL OF TEXT with every game that punish you if you fail ? becouse im sure every game does

it .. i dont know a single game where you get a cookie if you fall to a abyss into a sure dead.

Having to restart a mission is fine and standard. Having to waste rare resources on top of restarting is the reason that I won't be using Mirage for a while. I'd rather check out the Vasto and Dual Vasto, plus the alternate helmets. Too bad for Mirage, eh?

So you can put up a wall of text where you have to waste rare resources on top of losing?