Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viability Of Grapple/throw Enemy?

MortalSage

When i really think about U15 what I'm most excited for is the new travel function of melee. It's a nod toward the speed warframe's level runs are known for. While this is probably my favorite aspect of the gameplay, I can't help but to think that tenno should be able to grab their opponents and use them to their advantage. Enemy shields, throwing them into one another, hostage that unlocks doors. Kinda like parry, but more break a limb and use the enemy as a shield or throw them, etc. I feel like this could also play well into stealth gameplay. What do you guys think? Does the speed of warframe deter this type of gameplay? What about defense and stealth?

I'm fine with it so long as it doesn't interfere with regular melee... I *despise* having a combo chain broken with impromptu non-lethal, non-stealthy "stealth kills" that I cannot avoid.

It would be quite interesting in theory, but that's my main concern--being locked in to grabbing a guy(and all the bad things that can entail when done unplanned) instead of killing him.

I'm fine with it so long as it doesn't interfere with regular melee... I *despise* having a combo chain broken with impromptu non-lethal, non-stealthy "stealth kills" that I cannot avoid.

It would be quite interesting in theory, but that's my main concern--being locked in to grabbing a guy(and all the bad things that can entail when done unplanned) instead of killing him.

Hopefully you would also be able to kill an enemy if you could use them as a hostage 

Easy fix, have a sort of stance button that toggles between stealth mode and free-flow combat mode.  Any key could work.

Suggest what exactly?  Which key could work?  Or are you saying I should make a formal suggestion in Fan Concepts?

Yes. Keys can be rebound. That's the easy part. All of the coding around the base concept is trickier, and deserves its own thread.

I can imagine all kinds of interesting situation for holding an enemy as hostage:

- With Grineer maybe you'll need to take hold of someone with high rank like a Commander or Heavies to scare the lower ranked soldiers around you. Holding low rank soldiers and the other will soon treat him as 'disposable' and blast both you and the hostage.

- For Corpus only Crewmen are eligible as hostages. Robotics will cease fire until the Board of Management issue a direct override command and sacrifice the unlucky crewman.

- Infested? The closest you get to hug them is to use Fist weapons stealth finisher. Nobody want to hug a Toxin Ancient anyway...

I can imagine all kinds of interesting situation for holding an enemy as hostage:

- With Grineer maybe you'll need to take hold of someone with high rank like a Commander or Heavies to scare the lower ranked soldiers around you. Holding low rank soldiers and the other will soon treat him as 'disposable' and blast both you and the hostage.

- For Corpus only Crewmen are eligible as hostages. Robotics will cease fire until the Board of Management issue a direct override command and sacrifice the unlucky crewman.

- Infested? The closest you get to hug them is to use Fist weapons stealth finisher. Nobody want to hug a Toxin Ancient anyway...

i was thinking the same the same for grineer, cant wait for the days when u can hack more than security  panels, osp..cough...rey

Edited by MortalSage

I want to hug a toxic ancient. =(

Toxic ancients need love too.